• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Just_a_Guy's attempts at BATing

Started by just_a_guy, June 28, 2009, 08:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmyers2043

Hello Just a Guy

I think that the walls on your building could use a gradient.

Here is a photoshop tutorial you may be interested in.

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=5230.0

And also down around reply 17 of Bobbo662's thread I tried to explain how I used layers to create textures on the walls of a building

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=621.0

Good Luck.

Jim Myers
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

just_a_guy

Good day everybody,

I have more progress to show, but first:

jmyers2043: Thanks so much for all of your support. I have checked out those tutorials and started changing a lot of my textures. So the new pictures show everything changed in that aspect. I just couldn't find that "threshold" option in photoshop so I could use broccoli, so I used the burn feature to simulate that.

I've added all signage and any little detail I was missing. I decided to name the store "Neighborhood Groceries" (cheap I know), it's made up but I thought it would be ok. All the signage although it's really hard to see it have the name on it. I've also finished the night lighting, so i'm pretty much ready for exporting.

So tell me what you think. Good enough, or am I missing something?
Thanks for your time and have a good day!
Come and check out my BATting works at:

jmyers2043

The 'Threshhold' tool is a Paint Shop Pro feature. I'm sure there is something similar in Photoshop. I don't know what it would be called.

You'll get the hang of enhancing your textures as you move from project to project. I hand painted by air brushing gradients and smudges for my first set of barn buildings. Learning short cuts and alternative methods as I went.

The light stucco walls are much better. Just a little touch here and there makes all the difference.

Good Luck

Jim Myers
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

just_a_guy

I got the loting done and I will soon post it up for the scrutineers. Here's the final product:

When the upload is ready, it shall include both a growable version and a ploppable version this time. It's a CS$$ lot meant for RS$$ neighborhoods.

Thanks for your comments and have a great day!

Nexis4Jersey

It looks great ,but i needs just a tad more textures to make it fit in more with the other game surroundings  :)

just_a_guy

I've been gone for a while. RL hasn't given me much time to continue bating. But now I have progress.

First of all I've decided not to continue working on my last BAT (Neighborhood Groceries, the one with parking on the top floor). I noticed the scale was a bit too big and rescaling would be to hard becuase of the parking lot size on top.

So now I started something new:

The above picture is not mine.

IHOP. This one I think is in Monterrey, MX. I thought the design was interesting and very different an I quickly decided to bat it.

It's not finished yet. Almost though. I still need to tweak various textures, add a bit of flora and night lighting. But the basic building is done.
Please tell me what you think.

Note: For anyone interested on my first BAT: Dominos Pizza, it's been released on the LEX:
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2224

Thank you and have a great day!

Cali

wow just, thats quite spectacular. i wonder why the architect decided to go with the different color eave. it kinda throws it off a little bit. bot still a great bat... :thumbsup:
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"