• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Texture Index

Started by geoffhaw, August 20, 2007, 02:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geoffhaw

@ Pat, your range is 0xF4C00000 to 0xF4C7FFFF
@ Ennedi, your range is 0xF4C80000 to 0xF4CFFFFF

Pat

Hey Geoff thank you a million for that range!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dsrwhat316

I, too, would like to request a range.

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

Ennedi

New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Fireworks

geoffhaw

@ dsrwhat316, your range is 0xF4D00000 to 0xF4D7FFFF
@ Fireworks, your range is 0xF4D80000 to 0xF4DFFFFF

Fireworks

Orange_o_

I, too, would like to request a range.

Orange

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

Rayden

It's about time I have one of my own, can I Geoff?

Youcefk69

geoffhaw

@ Orange_o_, your range is 0xF4E80000 to 0xF4EFFFFF
@ Rayden, your range is 0xF4F00000 to 0xF4F7FFFF
@ Youcefk69, your range is 0xF4F80000 to 0xF4FFFFFF

For those who have asked how to put these ranges into SC4Tool, I have put the instructions into the first post in this thread.  This post is repeated at the start of every page, so just scroll up!

Rayden

Pat

Thank you Geoff for that tidbit there on how to get the textures into SC4Tool... I wish I could give you a K-point for that!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Youcefk69

swat-medic

Hey there, I have a quick question if it is ok to ask here  :)

I recieved an allocation and have been using it to produce a set of downhill/cross country ski trails.  Its been working great!

However, when I test the lots in game, each lot (No matter what texture is on there, base or overlay) always displays the first texture

(Which happens to be an overlay, which also uses the first 5 IID's so
0xF4700000
0xF4700001
0xF4700002
0xF4700003
0xF4700004)

on every lot for every tile.  If you need an example i'd be glad to provide one.  I hope i've explained it enough  :P

Any tips/suggestions?

BarbyW

Swat-medic, you need to read the information on wealth dependent textures.
Try this:
Textures - Base and Overlays - and SC4Tool
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

swat-medic

So i need to assign a wealth type is that correct?

Pat

Hey Swat what I do is when making my textures and so far it works based off Barbys advice is to due

F4704000 (Stater texture from I take is your ID)
F4704100
F4704200

and so on to nine then I repeated the processe with

F4704A00
F4704B00

and again so on to F... The rest SC4Tool will take care of... From what I understood from Barby is that the 4 has to be there as its something to due with wealth or something, all I understand its supposed to be 4... Does my gibberish make any sense lol... BTW here is where Barby helped me out [linkie]

Andreas

It's not the "4" itself that has something to do with the wealth, but the fifth digit of the ID (which is "4" in your example). In essence, if you don't want to make wealth-dependent textures, don't use 1, 2 or 3, but start with 4.
Andreas

swat-medic

Alright, so when I click "Next Free ID" I should enter a digit in for the wealth type? 

Here is my current DAT containing several textures.. I know the IID's are incorrect, but i'm still not sure what to do since sc4tool arranged the textures for me.  If my hunch is correct then i just have to use F4704000 instead of F4700000 and so on like pat said?