• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Commonwealth of Marathon

Started by thundercrack83, November 05, 2008, 02:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WC_EEND

very nice, one question however: where did you get the building with the Coca-Cola sign on it?
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

bluesinjid

That is one awesome city right there  :thumbsup: You and your LE skills have made your parks one of the best,and everything blends so well together! :-\

Dark_Jedi06

I love what you've done with the two tile length wall leading down to the embankment! ;D Very creative. :satisfied: Also, I was little iffy on the train station at first, but when placing in the context of the entire city it looks fabulous! ()stsfd() My only gripe is that the highway seems a little dead. ;)

Keep up the wonderful work! :thumbsup:
...this space to be filled soon...

TheTeaCat

Dustin

Hello yes remember me? Sorry I haven't been here for a while &mmm but I'm back and my oh my
stunning work on everything, there really is too many superb things to mention but I am amazed
by what you have achieved so far  &apls &apls

Got to go back and check some of it out again - just to be amazed once again  ::) :D

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Pat

Dustin OMG WOW!!! OK I have totally ran out of other words what I can honestly say here...  I love the over view shot and that park is soo stunning!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

thundercrack83

Joe (JoeST): Thanks, Joe!

Alfred.Jones: Thank you so much!

mightygoose: Wow! Thanks, my friend! That means a lot to me!

Arthur (art128): Thanks very much, Arthur!

David (Simpson): Thank you, David!

Robin (rooker1): Hi, Robin! I was actually thinking the same thing you were about the long narrow streets with the low-income housing, but the edge of the tile prohibited it in this instance. Don't worry, though, that type of set-up will definitely pop up elsewhere in Marathon. You can bet on it! It's always wonderful to have you here, my friend. Take care!

kimcar: Thank you! I'm so glad that you enjoyed it!

Ryan (burgsabre87): Thanks, Ryan! And yes, I'm headed back to the Lone Star State for another round! I'll get some pictures again this time, too!

bat: Danke!

Battlecat: Thank you, my friend!

Luke09: Not a problem at all, my friend. Thanks for stopping by!

Corey (Nexis4Jersey): Thanks, Corey! Actually, I didn't fly out of LVI (I still think of it as ABE, but that's another story!), I flew out of Philadelphia to Columbus, then St. Louis, then to Love Field in Dallas.

Haljackey: Thank you so much!

metarvo: Thank you, my friend! Trying to variate things, yet keep them unified is something that I often strive for, and feel that can be difficult to attain sometimes. I'm so happy to hear you think I've succeeded thus far! Take care!

Alex (Driftmaster07): Here's one word for you, my friend...Thanks!

kbieniu7: Thank you very much, my friend!

WC_EEND: Thanks! The Coca-Cola building is part of one of the housing packs by marcszar, but I'm not exactly sure which one off the top of my head. I will look into it and get back to you, though. Thanks for stopping by!

bluesinjid: Thank you very much!

Dark_Jedi06: Thanks! I won't lie, I was a bit iffy on the train station myself, even after everything was finished. I was worried that it was going to stick out like a sore thumb, and while it may, the thumb doesn't look too sore! Oh, and you're right on about the highway, too. I tried very hard to get traffic, but couldn't, and forgot to put the traffic generators in my Plugins folder. Next time, though, I'll get some cars on the road! Take care!

Derry (TheTeaCat): Remember you? How could I forget! No worries about not being here for a while, it's easy to get lost in all the wonderful stuff here at SC4D! Thanks for your great comments, and I hope to see you again soon!

Pat: Thank you very much, my friend!

Greetings from...

Wait, that's not right...

There we go!

Actually, I'm no longer in St. Louis, I've made it to my final destination in Dallas, Texas. But I saw that great logo—on the back of a rocking chair, no less!—and couldn't pass up the opportunity, being the sucker for a good logo that I am, of course!

I'll be headed to Austin,Texas, tomorrow for tomorrow night's concert, but despite running around the Lone Star State, I've still got a few little projects up my sleeve that don't require any Internet access. We'll see where they take us.

In a bit!

tooheys

Oh so sad, I have that in vinyl around here somewhere  /&HiPP/%

dsrwhat316

Quote from: thundercrack83 on April 05, 2009, 01:38:23 AM

I could say the same to you, seeing as this is where I am! (Sort of, my town shares the same zip code  ::))

That overview with the train station is amazing! You certainly didn't neglect to place greenery throughout this quad; the part that caught my eye was the patch of trees nestled in one of the city blocks (something I'll have to borrow....)

Enjoy The Boss, Dustin!

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

KoV Liberty

Can't wait till the next update!

Alex

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Pat

Ya know what Dustin if I didnt know anything I would say that logo for the Airport kinda has a MCd effect lol...  At least I hope you had a blast the concert!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

thundercrack83

Dave (tooheys): Hi, Dave! That's not sad at all, my friend—it's a fantastic album, one of my top three favorites in Bruce's catalogue. I actually have it on vinyl, as well, though my mom got it for me at a flea market probably around 1998. You should break it out and give it a good listen! Take care, Dave!

Dan (dsrwhat316): Hey, a Jersey Shore boy! I knew there was a reason I liked you! Living in eastern Pennsylvania, I've made it to Asbury on pilgrimages more than once since I was 16. Thanks so much for stopping by, my friend, and for your wonderful comments and support!

Alex (Driftmaster07): Thanks, Alex! Hopefully we'll get to a proper update soon!

Pat: Ha! It does have that "golden arches" feel, doesn't it? I guess if McDonald's had a favorite airport, it would be in St. Louis! It's always great to see you here, my friend!

Well, my trip is drawing to a close. We got back from Oklahoma this afternoon, and I'll be flying home tomorrow out of Dallas Love Field to Philadelphia, by way of Houston Hobby. It's been a great trip, and I've got plenty of pictures that I'll share if you'd like!

In the meantime, though, I've had a bit of time to play around...

I forgot how much fun it was to play with the sunrise / sunset pictures!

Oh, the odometer here in Marathon passed 30,000 views while I was in the Sooner State! Thank you all so very much for your continued interest and support here!

Marathon will be back in full swing as soon as I get home...See you then!

Pat

Dustin its my pleasure to come on down to Marathon!!! OMG Sir that is amazing pic wow!!!!

bat

Nice teaser there! Looking forward to more...

darraghf

It's a pity there isn't a proper sunrise in the game. It looks magnificent!
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

Luke09

Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

Dark_Jedi06

Dustin is in eastern Pennsylvania, Dan is along the Jersey shore, and I'm smack dab in the middle! $%Grinno$%

New Jersey = best state in the Union :thumbsup:

...anyway, I'm very glad to hear that Marathon will be back in full swing, I'm eager to see what's in store for all of us lucky viewers. ;D
...this space to be filled soon...

Nexis4Jersey

ah , ur in Jersey wanna visit me?  $%Grinno$% , anyway great teaser  :thumbsup:

kimcar

&apls Excellent pic. You are a true artist  ;D

dsrwhat316

Looks like this is a hot spot for us Jersey boys, eh?  ()stsfd()

I really like that little park nestled within the city grid. It looks surprisingly well-kept, since it is near some low-wealth buildings. I'm very interested to see more, Dustin!

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

art128

Stunning picture there Dustin, I like the way you use those effects, Very nice.
Generally, I think that park must go in a pleasant rich area, but you use it nicely to go in that ghetto, excellent work.

Looking forward to more with attention,

Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog