• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gugu3

Durfsurn

Quick question. Is a RD-4 equivalent in RHW a possibility? It would be useful to have ;). Even as cosmetic pieces. It is found in rural Australian highways sometimes as overtaking lanes going both ways. I was thinking it would have no barrier but be inseparable like the 6C/7C/8C. It would only transition to RHW-2/3/4S and it only serves as overtaking lanes.

Tarkus

I'd say it's unlikely at this juncture, particularly as we're trying to avoid adding new networks at this point, especially ones that would be of no more than cosmetic use.

-Alex

MandelSoft

What can be done however is adding exit lanes to the RHW-2 as cosmetic pieces, just like the RHW-4. The pieces are actually in place, but the ramp over-plops aren't made yet...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

MandelSoft

Something like that, yes. The question is when...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Tarkus

Semi-shameless self plug (the "semi-" because it's relevant to the thread): you may want to keep an eye on my Twitch account this coming week.  It may get some use, and I just might unveil something on livestream . . .

-Alex

Geometry123

^^

Let the 'Drool All You Can' event start! :D
You will never know when will the next NAM be released. Only time teasing will tell. :P

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game"
                                                 -Ocean Quigley

Tarkus

Indeed . . . I seem to have the technical side of Twitch worked out after an initial test tonight, so it should be on for some time in the next couple days.

-Alex

metarvo

Let's brace ourselves.  This is going to be good!  ;D  Speaking of which, the new parclo piece looks like it will be quite nifty indeed.  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Tarkus

Going live in a few minutes.

Edit: The link: http://twitch.tv/TarkusSC4

-Alex

Wiimeiser

Did anyone get that?

Maybe you should just upload it to Youtube...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Tarkus

It hasn't started yet. ::)  Hitting the start button now.

Edit: It's happened now.  The video is archived on my Twitch page, and as I've saved the video file, it'll make its way to my YouTube channel as well.  Two birds, one stone.

Second Edit: Doing a live encore presentation.  On in a minute.  Yes, I'll be showing QuickChange.

-Alex

Geometry123

NOOO! I MISSED IT! :( Oh well, I'm just now drowning in my own drool as I wait for it to go online in YouTube. :D
You will never know when will the next NAM be released. Only time teasing will tell. :P

-Ocean Quigley

Haljackey

I found one of Tarkus' videos: http://www.twitch.tv/tarkussc4/b/468879320

But... There's no sound :'(

Still cool work though!

Kuewr665

Tarkus

Yeah, the thing was acting like it was receiving sound, but then I found out after the fact from a few folks in ST Chat who were watching it that the sound wasn't working.  That was really the least of my worries, as my streaming software (FFSplit) crashed at least half a dozen times, and behaved erratically when it wasn't crashing. :thumbsdown:  I was hoping to have the whole stream angle be a cool new way to unveil things, but alas--bummer trail.  It looks like I'll have to re-record the whole thing.

-Alex

Edit: Switched from FFSplit to the free version of XSplit . . . and success.  My computer was breathing heavily during the whole thing, so there might be a good bit of machine noise there, but there actually is audio this time.

And YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/v/aGd4b4YD_84

Geometry123

-Ocean Quigley

Gugu3

Alex this is amazing stuff going on!RHW is already amazing but with all these new content it's gonna become even more "flexible"  :thumbsup:
cheers
Guglielmo

Haljackey

Nice video! Lots and lots of draggable stuff!

Quote from: Tarkus on October 10, 2013, 12:15:35 AM
Edit: Switched from FFSplit to the free version of XSplit . . . and success.  My computer was breathing heavily during the whole thing, so there might be a good bit of machine noise there, but there actually is audio this time.

If you're using Xsplit's free version, quality reduced compared to the consumer version / FFsplit. Also if you're porting streams from Twitch to Youtube audio quality seems to suffer even more :(. I think you're given the choice to make a stream and a local recording at the same time... If you upload that local recording, it will look better than the port from Twitch.

Hopefully I didn't lose you there :P. I would also recommend trying Open Broadcaster. Since I started using it I've never looked back!