• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darmok

Quote from: Rayden on April 07, 2009, 07:34:22 AM
He doesn't play the guitar John $%Grinno$%

Good one Sylvio.... you got me there!   :D

-John

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=112.last#last

If you have a closed mind, do the same with your mouth

threestooges

Hope the day goes smoothly for you. Very nice pics of the aspens and the new gate in action. I'd love to give it a run myself if there are a few spares hanging around the 3RR warehouses. I find it amusing that you mention bending famliar things and then focus on the trees when there are streets in there doing things that I wouldn't have thought possible years ago (the aspens are pretty darn cool though). Makes me want to go out for a drive now that spring is here and everything is coming into bloom.
-Matt

Pat

David sweet new pics there with the aspens and also the use of the gate!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dedgren

Oh, and I LOTted the first thing I've ever done besides trees and fences yesterday.

A brief to write today, then home to attack the old to-do list.  If you might happen to be waiting for something I've promised, this is the week patience pays off.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Pat

wow OMG David I am speechless there!! Hurry up and write that Brief man so we can see more  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

homefryes

-- Don

@ burgsabre87: this was the FIRST THING that popped into my head when I saw what David showed above. I immediately had to go look for this picture!
Utility Poles Project [linkie]
Ashtabula (the MD) is not dead; it's just on a really long hiatus!
Check out Homefryes' BATatorium

Ryan B.

metarvo

Oh, my!  David's getting close to actual development.  Not only that, but it's a substation.  :)  A power plant, in fact.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Jonathan

Can't wait to see what this week brings, so do what Pat says  ;D

The lot looks great, and the pictures with aspens are amazing, makes me wish I living in 3RR :thumbsup:

One thing I can't help noticing, on the dam the lights seem to be shining over the edge of the dam, not on the road, which seems a little strange to me?

Jonathan

EDITMy friend, that's so it's easier to toss the dynamite nearer to the fish...  John (Pegasus) aimed them that way- I don't have a clue.  The other odd thing about the dam is that it bows outward, not inward, in the middle.  It's a great BAT, but I wouldn't want to live below it in RL. -DE

Now that's a problem, I wouldn't live their either :D

mayorfabz

Quote from: dedgren on April 06, 2009, 07:19:04 PM
Did anyone else know that you could offset a long-ago BATted prop by hand-editing the "Vert" property in the object's S3D files?

Oh my God David I have absolutely no idea of what you are talking about, but I know for sure it is something I am going to be in awe of. You got us into that habit anyway.

Snowy greetings (Jeeze this winter will never end) from Montreal
Fabien

wes.janson

David.. I have played around with Peg's Dam many a time, but never in my wildest dream could I have got it to look as good as you have done. Your flair for bringing reality to this game is, still to this day, amazing.  :thumbsup:

Quote from: mayorfabz on April 07, 2009, 02:40:43 PM
Snowy greetings (Jeeze this winter will never end) from Montreal
Fabien

Oh.. it's sunny and t-shirt weather over here in Vancouver. We had our week of winter already!  ;D

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

nerdly_dood

Ooh, we can have semi-realistic hydroelectric dams now! :o

&apls
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

bob56

what will he think of next!?! Maybe finally getting rid of the blocky water texture at the top of the dam? I don't know if that's even possible, but you find a way to do everything :P

EDIT to fix a grammatical error.
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

Swamper77

Quote from: bob56 on April 07, 2009, 03:30:35 PM
what will he think of next!?! Maybe finally getting rid of the blocky water texture at the top of the dam? I don't know if that's even possible, but you find a way to do everything :P

It's part of a BAT model, so it would be hard to do that. Not to mention that the creator of that dam model won't allow people to edit their files.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

wes.janson

Well.. he is moving onto full-blown lotting now, so pretty soon he will be firing BAT and then we are all in trouble!  :P

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

dedgren

Here's what a quad would look like if I were developing one.

...what, what...?

Oh, wait a minute... I am developing a quad, several in fact, over at Fred (mrbisonm) and Lynns' (lynncanox) Grand River Valley II project [linkie].  It's spare time rec when I need to step back and take a break from what I'm doing here, plus I'm using it as a testbed to try out a new thing or two.  There are many fine folks participating- it's well worth spending some time looking.

Boy- so many things to see, so little time.  Well, in any event, enjoy!

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Swamper77

David,

Any chance that you could provide a closer look at the water near the south edge of that quad? I would like to see what you did for detailing over there.

The overview reminds me of why I don't like to travel without a camera after summer. I like shooting pictures of fall trees in their fiery colors. I assume all the trees are sitting ploppable lots? If they are, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on some of them to add splashes of color to my region.

-Jan
Pagan and Proud!

Rayden

Quote from: Swamper77 on April 07, 2009, 08:24:18 PM
I like shooting pictures of fall trees in their fiery colors. I assume all the trees are sitting ploppable lots? If they are, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on some of them to add splashes of color to my region.

-Jan

I believe you're right, and you most certanly will find them in here - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=5603.0  ;)

dedgren

Old road - new road...

Jan (Swamper77), I just happened to have some pics of Clear Creek taken last fall.

As Silvio (Rayden) noted, the 3RR seasonal tree lot sets are on the 3RREX at the linkie he provided.  I have an expanded set ready to post that includes Brian's old (brighter colored) seasonals as soon as I can take the time.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Swamper77

David,

Thanks for providing a closer look at Clear Creek. The game's wave effects give it the impression that it is moving, which is kind of neat. I'm looking forward to the new seasonal tree lots.

-Jan
Pagan and Proud!