• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

ÆRDEN ~ new streets!

Started by vortext, May 31, 2013, 11:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RepublicMaster

Excellent update! I like the dry stream. :D

Kergelen

Nice pictures!

Good use of terrain textures as a path in 2.6

Links to SC4 websites

epicblunder

QuoteBesides encountering ordinary thieves, he told them, they ran the risk of being crushed by rocks falling from the sky, being viciously attacked by bears

I didn't know Aerden was a Russian name   ;D

89James89

Not sure why I haven't commented on this yet, especially considering the amount of detail that has gone into the last update.

The landscaping is truely stunning with ever y tree looking like it should be there and I love that image of the vast forest.

Looking forward to more.

James

Gugu3

Excellent!Always stunning pictures! &apls

Swordmaster

Very good Erik. I've gone over it a few times. I also wonder about the Russian thing. Did you have an idea of where Aerden is in the world?

Cheers
Willy

Wodong

Gorgeous.  I'm both inspired and a little depressed.  So much detail.

benedict

Your MD is number one on BTT this week -  stunning images accompanied by a great story line and even a cliffhanger - great work.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

Nanami

I like the work of MMP! Nicely done!

noahclem

Absolutely stunning work  :o  Ærden is already amongst my favorite MDs, though knowing you I can't say I'm much surprised. Did you create your own rock mod? I realize the pic is old now, but that swamp one is a real inspiration for what might be possible in the noro delta area. Keep up the great work!

vortext

Quote from: agunter999 on July 06, 2013, 05:47:47 AM
Looks briliant

Thanks!

Quote from: Girafe on July 06, 2013, 07:30:34 AM
Lovely landscapes  &apls &apls &apls

Thank you!

Quote from: art128 on July 06, 2013, 07:41:36 AM
Fantastic.

The little camp with the fire is incredible.

What's not to like about campfires?! Except for the horrible smell in your clothes the next morning.  :D Thanks!

Quote from: sc-4 on July 06, 2013, 04:44:16 PM
It's gorgeous with all the details  :)

Thank you!

Quote from: RepublicMaster on July 06, 2013, 09:03:47 PM
Excellent update! I like the dry stream. :D

Thanks! Guess you're gonna like the next few updates as well!  ;)

Quote from: Kergelen on July 07, 2013, 03:35:56 AM
Nice pictures!

Good use of terrain textures as a path in 2.6

Glad you noticed, I was pretty well pleased with it!  ()stsfd() Thanks!

Quote from: epicblunder on July 07, 2013, 08:19:46 PM
QuoteBesides encountering ordinary thieves, he told them, they ran the risk of being crushed by rocks falling from the sky, being viciously attacked by bears

I didn't know Aerden was a Russian name   ;D

Though Ærden sprang from imagination, Potyomkin actually is a Russian surname. Funny you picked up on it as I'm quite fond of Russian literature and art. :)

Quote from: 89James89 on July 07, 2013, 09:36:54 PM
Not sure why I haven't commented on this yet, especially considering the amount of detail that has gone into the last update.

The landscaping is truely stunning with every tree looking like it should be there and I love that image of the vast forest.

Looking forward to more.

James

No worries James, you already commented here before! Thanks for stopping by - again!  :D

Quote from: Gugu3 on July 08, 2013, 06:53:16 AM
Excellent!Always stunning pictures! &apls

Thank you!

Quote from: Swordmaster on July 08, 2013, 08:09:10 AM
Very good Erik. I've gone over it a few times. I also wonder about the Russian thing. Did you have an idea of where Aerden is in the world?

Cheers
Willy

Thanks Willy! Though I hope you didn't have to read it a few times before it was understandable?  &Thk/(

Anyway, you may have noticed I refrained specifying either Church or King. In part because I'm notoriously bad at coming up with names (hence all my previous regions were also called Ærden ;D). In part because I'm not sure yet whether the history and developments will tie in with real events and persons or not. And in that regard location still is up for grabs, too.

Quote from: Wodong on July 09, 2013, 05:51:45 PM
Gorgeous.  I'm both inspired and a little depressed.  So much detail.

First an exploding brain and now depression, should I put out a health warning for my MD?!  ???  $%Grinno$% I hope the inspiration has taken hold over depression though. Thanks for stopping by!

Quote from: benedict on July 12, 2013, 11:27:54 AM
Your MD is number one on BTT this week -  stunning images accompanied by a great story line and even a cliffhanger - great work.

Quite literal a cliffhanger indeed!  :D Thanks!

Quote from: 976 on July 16, 2013, 08:24:32 AM
I like the work of MMP! Nicely done!

Thanks! Though I'd like to point out the trees are done with a controller instead of mmp-ed manually. ;)

Quote from: noahclem on July 20, 2013, 05:37:51 AM
Absolutely stunning work  :o  Ærden is already amongst my favorite MDs, though knowing you I can't say I'm much surprised. Did you create your own rock mod? I realize the pic is old now, but that swamp one is a real inspiration for what might be possible in the noro delta area. Keep up the great work!

Thanks Noah! The small gravel textures and such are courtesy of Gobias' SV terrain mod. As a proper rock mod I use #4 from shokthrpy's HD package. Also nice to have provided some inspiration for Noro. Swamps are fun to make because if it looks messy, it'll still look good!  :D

Speaking of swamps. .  I have some goodies that may come in handy. 

To celebrate the fact I registered for SC4D a little over three years ago (and to make up on an old promise) I present you the Seasonal Golden Oldies pack!  :party:

As the name implies these are seasonal mmps made from already existing evergreen mmps and some flora which has never been made into a mmp before. At the moment I still have the Read-Me left to do before sending it to the scrutineers. So you can't play around with them just yet, however, to whet your appetite below a breakdown of what's gonna be included. And maybe I'll throw in some non-flora related mmps for good measure.  ;)

First of all the items which need to be planted on September 1st.

Top left: PEG Weeds
Top right: SFBT Birches

Middle row: SPAM Crops

Bottom left: ALN Cattails
Bottom centre: CP Cattails and CP Grasclump
Bottom right: PEG Clover

Autumn

Winter

Summer

Since they don't have a winter livery the SPAM Crops disappear during winter time. ALN cattails are fantasy items but I figured they'd make a welcome addition. PEG Clover comes with a dark and light summer livery though it's hardly noticeable due to the small size (and because I cropped the picture too tight :-[).

Secondly the items which need to planted March 1st.

Outer left column:  ALN Wildflowers

Centre column: PEG flowers

Outer right column: ALN Grass

Spring

Summer

Autumn / Winter

ALN wildflower do not have a winter state, however, they're timed to last four months. The first stage runs from March to June, the second stage from July to October. So they have a one month overlap with the autumn livery of 'traditional' seasonal trees. Also notice ALN grass comes in two additional, smaller sizes. I'm not sure what the LEX policy is regarding uploading re-sized models though I hope it won't be a problem because the smallest (scaled at 50%) makes excellent HD grass.

Finally, I can't leave you without a small gif to demonstrate, right?!  ;)

That's all for now, 'till next time. Erik.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

sim_link

Wow, great flora and great scene - watching the seasons turn is awesome! ;D

rooker1

Great work on that seasonal animation!

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

art128

Fantastic gif.... You're truly a master.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Schulmanator

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

RepublicMaster

Great GIF, I look forward to seeing the seasonal flora too! :D

Gugu3

Simcoug

Swordmaster

You're truly a . . . wait for it . . . GIFted player, Erik.

Now, you didn't see that one coming, did you? :D

Cheers
Willy

evarburg

Oh very, very nice ! Wonderfully wild places...