• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Bipin's BAT Boutique

Started by Bipin, November 20, 2011, 01:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vester

Looks great. Maybe weather it a bit, add grass/green to the bottom ect.

Quote from: Bipin on June 28, 2014, 11:54:28 AM
MSE component

What is that ?

Bipin

In regards to weathering the models, I want to keep these as generic as possible, so they are useful for a variety of applications. In that regard, some weathering would be suitable. I'm still working on an efficient way to do so that tiles well, as I would like to get through a lot of pieces quickly. Hopefully one or two a day. These pieces, or MSE components I speak of, stand for Mechanically Stabilized Earth; retaining walls in essence.

Bipin

Last night, I put  a mirror up to the current model...  ;D

...and then this happened. In addition to a mirrored version, I will also do LHD versions after the RHD is released.

Enjoy! Please remember to let me know what puzzle pieces you'd like to see have their own retaining walls. I want to complete the most desired ones first.

Huston_N7

Phenomenal work as usual Bipin, there's no limit to how you impress me with your projects :)

Ps. Could you do me a favor and possibly send me some of the concrete textures that you use for your BATs? I've got some semi-futuristic towers on my plate and they could do with some of the textures and maps that you use to spruce them up. I've tried and don't seem to be a whiz at making textures for BATs despite my photo-editing prowess. :P
<a href="http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15523.msg467533#msg467533"></a>
E37 - Ferust System | Violet Nebula
"Blinding Night"
06/09/2013

Gugu3

Amazing stuff Bipin!you have so much talent!

City Planner

Coming along quite nicely :)

Bipin

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I appreciate it. It helps keep me chugging along with these BATs!  :D

Quote from: Huston_N7 on July 04, 2014, 07:38:58 PM
Ps. Could you do me a favor and possibly send me some of the concrete textures that you use for your BATs? I've got some semi-futuristic towers on my plate and they could do with some of the textures and maps that you use to spruce them up. I've tried and don't seem to be a whiz at making textures for BATs despite my photo-editing prowess. :P

To be honest, I use modified versions of these textures for most concrete work: http://www.idst-render.com/materials/concrete.html Specifically, I used this one in the above BAT: http://www.idst-render.com/materials/Desc/Concrete/Cracked%20Concrete01.htm There's no sense really in providing you with the textures I used in the above BAT, since the changes I make from the "master" texture (linked above) differ between each BAT. Typically though, I just increase the magnitude of bump maps and play with reflectivity/glossiness. However, if it's the MSE wall texture you're after, you can find that here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B18TZfo7TG3QdW5TWHBDX0hpdmc/edit?usp=sharing

Enjoy! I look forward to seeing what you use these textures for!  :)

noahclem

Great work with those ramps Bipin  &apls  They look excellent and there's definitely a use for that type of bat. There's always something interesting going on over here  :)

Bipin

Thanks Noahclem, I appreciate it! I think you'll be happy to see that more progress has been made:

Due to a busy IRL (relatives from abroad), I haven't been able to keep up to speed. Nonetheless, BATs are still being made:

Enjoy!

noahclem

Ha, this kind of neat progress isn't even a surprise around here when it comes this fast :D  +1 for these sweet retaining walls and everything else  :)

Dantes

The curve is very impressive! Very realistic and typical of your style. Fantastic!

Bipin

Thanks you two. Your kind gestures are always appreciated! Slowly but surely, it's all beginning to come together.

It's all starting to come together. Soon enough, I'll be done the ortho RHW x ortho ERHW overpass and offramp/onramp pieces.

isii94

These retaining walls look fantastic!  :thumbsup:

Somehow it look like the texture of the loop ramp doesn't match up the texture of the straight section... Might be just an illusion, though (or a render bug)
MD coming soon...

Bipin

Quote from: isii94 on July 11, 2014, 06:43:22 PM
These retaining walls look fantastic!  :thumbsup:

Somehow it look like the texture of the loop ramp doesn't match up the texture of the straight section... Might be just an illusion, though (or a render bug)

It's just an alignment issue between props; not a big issue and something I'll be able to fix later. Right now, I just want to get the pieces working in-game; I'll focus on specifics as I near a release date.  ;)

Kergelen

wow, I really like this project Bipin!  Keep it up  :thumbsup:

Links to SC4 websites

Bipin

Quote from: Kergelen on July 12, 2014, 04:19:40 AM
wow, I really like this project Bipin!  Keep it up  :thumbsup:

Thank you, I appreciate it!  ;) Here's what's new:

Slowly but surely, things are quite literally being pieced together.

cmdp123789

OMG are you serious right now? &apls

Bipin

Quote from: cmdp123789 on July 12, 2014, 08:27:30 PM
OMG are you serious right now? &apls

Nope, this is all a lie. Nothing you see here is real. It's all just a cleverly devised scene triumphantly masquerading as "real" created purely with CGI (well, technically, that is true).  :D On that note, I've rendered more general props. The ones perviously seen, with the grass ERHW median are only good for very specific scenarios; virtually only the one seen. However, the new props are more general and can be used in a myriad of ways. As well, I created a "double" overpass; two overpass props lined up side by side and then rendered. This makes the joints more seamless and takes up half the room required for plopping:

Enjoy!

cmdp123789

Well, bummer... I really thought it was for real.. LOL!

It looks really good.. yet I see that the wall comes throught the actual asphalt in the split. I think a way to solve that is if you make it a litte bit wider? I dont know, it looks very good, and I can see this being a MUST HAVE for every player.

Bipin

Quote from: cmdp123789 on July 13, 2014, 02:49:14 PM
Well, bummer... I really thought it was for real.. LOL!

It looks really good.. yet I see that the wall comes throught the actual asphalt in the split. I think a way to solve that is if you make it a litte bit wider?

Consider it done!