• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Bipin's BAT Boutique

Started by Bipin, November 20, 2011, 01:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodb3kmaster

That FLUP model looks fantastic, Bipin! I'm happy that you were able to get your software problems sorted out and this beautiful model rendered.

As for your question, I have some food for thought. The RHW has lacked its own FLUP portals for a long time, and it would be nice to finally have some for its ground networks. If it wouldn't be too much trouble (and only you can determine just how much work it would take to adapt your existing model for the various L0 RHW networks), I'm sure I wouldn't be the only person who would be very grateful to have RHW FLUP portals as awesome as the model you just finished.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

romualdillo

It looks fantastic!!! &apls I hope you can solver all your issues soon!!

Bipin

Quote from: woodb3kmaster on January 01, 2015, 03:49:06 PM
That FLUP model looks fantastic, Bipin! I'm happy that you were able to get your software problems sorted out and this beautiful model rendered.

As for your question, I have some food for thought. The RHW has lacked its own FLUP portals for a long time, and it would be nice to finally have some for its ground networks. If it wouldn't be too much trouble (and only you can determine just how much work it would take to adapt your existing model for the various L0 RHW networks), I'm sure I wouldn't be the only person who would be very grateful to have RHW FLUP portals as awesome as the model you just finished.

I took your suggestion into consideration and came up with this (ignore the incorrect signage):

Now, it isn't designed specifically for RHW L0, but that's because (as I recall) there are no RHW tunnel portals yet. That said, one way road tunnels exist. These can be used in conjunction with those and hopefully in the long run with RHW-4 L0 portals too!  ;)

Quote from: romualdillo on January 01, 2015, 05:35:02 PM
It looks fantastic!!! &apls I hope you can solver all your issues soon!!

I have retained basic functionality with 3dsMax. There are still some quirks, but I can work around them for now. Thanks for the kind words!  &apls

c.p.

I'm glad you were able to get your models and textures back  :thumbsup: The new models should be a great addition to the the game, regardless of how they end up being used.

APSMS

There are RHW-2 flup pieces (under the RoadxRHW button, I think). These are the only ones, though. They are a full tile longer than the road tunnel entrances, however, so this should probably be taken into consideration.

Otherwise it looks great!
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

HappyDays

This is going to sound bizarre, but the main issue I have with your stuff, Bipin, is that is it too good. High definition building models stick out like sore thumbs because they're just plain better than everything else around them.

It's a strange complaint, to be sure. Obviously, I'm not suggesting you suddenly start downgrading your creations. On the contrary, you're going to have to just make more stuff until it replaces everything that already exists. Give or take a hundred years and you'll wrap everything up nicely, I wager.

:)

Bipin

Thank you for the kind words c.p., APSMS and HappyDays, I appreciate the feedback!

Quote from: HappyDays on January 02, 2015, 12:07:42 PM
This is going to sound bizarre, but the main issue I have with your stuff, Bipin, is that is it too good. High definition building models stick out like sore thumbs because they're just plain better than everything else around them.

It's a strange complaint, to be sure. Obviously, I'm not suggesting you suddenly start downgrading your creations. On the contrary, you're going to have to just make more stuff until it replaces everything that already exists. Give or take a hundred years and you'll wrap everything up nicely, I wager.

:)

Hehe, quite the peculiar compliment indeed, thanks though!   :P :thumbsup: The way I see it, a lot of buildings are at about the same level of detail as my models, but not infrastructure related items. Reddonquixote, Jasoncw, NYBT etc. all do some very fine work in that respect. Infrastructure items, however, are not yet at the same level. We have more functionality with the NAM, but with very utilitarian, bare bones graphics. I've always been a proponent of good design that is accessible to the masses. Ever since I began BATing infrastructure related items, which is really all I've ever done for the past four years, I've had this idea that we all use these road and highway-related items frequently. Thus, I want those items to be tasteful, adaptable, functional and most of all accessible to everyone. I don't want to sound like a narcissist when I say this, but my ultimate goal is to see my most basic and fundamental infrastructure BATs in every city, or better yet, similar models by those who have been either inspired by me or have chosen to follow the same path I have, on their own terms.

Long story short; there is a supply and demand discrepancy when it comes to the sheer number of skyscraper in comparison to retaining walls, overpasses, tunnels, etc. I aim to level the playing field, so to speak.  :)

vinlabsc3k

I agree with you, for me the details make a city incredible and stunning. ;D

Now, that you recover your materials, &apls can you finish the retaining walls and embankments for L2 overpasses and the guardrails set for WRC and FAR?
&hlp
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Bipin

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on January 04, 2015, 04:43:55 AM
I agree with you, for me the details make a city incredible and stunning. ;D

Now, that you recover your materials, &apls can you finish the retaining walls and embankments for L2 overpasses and the guardrails set for WRC and FAR?
&hlp

Yes, that will be the next order of business after I made a one-way version of this current model for use with the other FLUPs pieces:  :bnn:

That is the entrance portal. I'll make an exit portal for the opposite direction of traffic too, of course. Thoughts on the model, specifically the signage, anyone?

noahclem

Looks great, including signage, but it seems it got wider again....

Bipin

Good catch there noahclem. Here's an alternate version:

Enjoy!

seraf

It looks great Bipin, very realistic. Good job :)

Shark7

That night render looks fantastic.  Really liking the way the lighting looks there.

Dantes

Incredible!  &apls &apls &apls Your realism is awesome! I can hear squeaking tires of cars at the sight of the images.

Bipin

Quote from: Dantes on January 09, 2015, 09:05:36 AM
Incredible!  &apls &apls &apls Your realism is awesome! I can hear squeaking tires of cars at the sight of the images.

Quote from: Shark7 on January 08, 2015, 12:28:51 PM
That night render looks fantastic.  Really liking the way the lighting looks there.

Thanks for the kind words you two, I appreciate it! Seeing as you all like the work I've been doing, I'll render these OWR tunnels real soon. I've had to take a bit of a break from SC4 recently, as I was contracted to produce a short film/video for someone. I'm about to wrap that project up, so it's back to SC4 soon!

cjak007

I'm very sorry to be off topic, but I think I can't download one of your excellent but unreleased(?) works. The link (http://tinyurl.com/BIPINTEST-houses) you originally post doesn't seem to work now, since RapidShare keep telling me that the file could not be found.
The original post is shown as below. A re-upload is greatly appreciated. I really like the bat. If my word sounds offensive, I beg your pardon because of my poor English.

Quote from: Bipin on July 08, 2013, 12:00:01 PM
βAT DOWNLOAD
~The time to test is here!~

This beta version of my houses provides a
chance for you; the end user, to give my
BAT's a test run independently. It also
provides me with a chance to gather data
on the BAT/lot performance in scenarios
mimicking their real use once released.

I strongly encourage you to try out this
content, for this test is integral to me
​continuing the project. If major errors
are to be found and not addressed at this
stage, some substantial time delays will
occur. No one wants that so give them a
try: http://tinyurl.com/BIPINTEST-houses

Large files, I know. However, I assure
you the download is certainly worth it!

Bipin

Cjak007, don't worry about you're language, Your request is perfectly reasonable!  :) I've been quite busy the last several days and consequently have no time to test things out, so I'm hoping these are the right files you are thinking of:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B18TZfo7TG3Qb1BUMWRpMmM4Rms/view?usp=sharing

Give it a try and let me know if they work. In other news, I'll have screenshots of the FLUPs 2-lane road, OWR inbound and OWR outbound tunnel portals soon. I just need to fire up the game and capture the images, so stick around folks!  ;D

woodb3kmaster

The OWR FLUP looks fantastic! Thank you for giving my request a shot.

As a possible expansion of that idea, might I suggest a set of RHW-to-subway tunnel portals? Since it's impossible to make functional RHW tunnels any other way, it would go a long way toward filling a gap in the network's abilities (especially if you were to make tunnel portals for each ground-level RHW network, though that would be a tall order). And given the high quality of your work, they'd be at least as beautiful as functional (since the modding for road network-subway lots can convert both car and bus traffic to subway traffic, but not vice versa).

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

Bipin

Thanks for the kind words woodw3kmaster! I typically like to do things that have a UDI functionality to them, but if there are any road to subway pieces that fit in about the same area as the FLUPs ones do, then these models can be used with those too. My models simply sit atop preexisting ones. Speaking of which, here they are:

Enjoy!

noahclem

Quote from: Bipin on January 04, 2015, 08:40:13 AM
Good catch there noahclem. Here's an alternate version:
(snip)

I'm not sure if you understood me but the width of these roadways is around 150% of regular roads and around 190% of that of streets. Roads in the US are often unnecessarily built to 12'/3.64m lane width which is less than half of this BAT. This looks outstanding besides the scale but scale is a big enough issue it might warrant a rethink :)