• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Seasonal tree street mod

Started by xenofeel, April 30, 2010, 09:07:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xenofeel

Is there some mod for getting a seasonal trees on streets?

WC_EEND

I don't think so, but there is a mod that places tees on the sidewalks here
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

Nardo69

There is one, a very old pre-SAM pre-Streetside Mods Mod from Arcedlia I think on the STEX. They only appear in poor environments though and the trees are some old models from Pegasus.

I used it in 2005/2006, it wasn't too bad but compared with the newer tree models I would regard it as outdated.

There is another one that makes seasonal trees appear on certain SAM streets next to Farms. I think it is from uroncha but I am not sure. Again it should be available on the STEX.

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

xenofeel

http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=16132
http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=11304
Do you mean this two?
Awesome mods, almost that I want.
But I need some like... as a result of merge JRJ Streets side Mod and Pegasus Seasonal Trees.

Nardo69

Yes. Both mods are only active while actually building the streets; if you don't these streets anymore you can use other street side mods by quitting and moving the old mod out and the new mod into yoir plugin folder.

Just be careful with arcedila's mod: if the houses upgrade from poor to medium density the trees will disappear.

Bernhard   :thumbsup:

Andreas

The main problem with creating a street tree mod is that it's a huge amount of work. There are several thousand T21 exemplar files that need to be edited in order to cover the Maxis streets, and all the NAM additions along with the SAM. The process of creating or modifying T21 exemplars is not much harder than editing a small 1x1 park lot, but every T21 exemplar file needs to be edited manually in the Reader, and this requires dozens, if not hundreds of hours of work. So if you really want such a mod, I can show you how to do it, but I'm telling you in advance that the amount of work involved is not for the faint-hearted. If there was some kind of T21 batch editing utility, the process could be made a lot quicker, maybe needing only 1/5th of the time or even less, but alas, such a tool doesn't exist yet...  ()sad()
Andreas

wes.janson

I'd be interested in creating a t21 mod for my SAM set. I'm really wanting to utilize Cycledoggs latest trees (mainly the cherry and the plum ones), as well as attempt some sort of diagonal parking for low-med commercial buildings (Kind of the way the SFBT parking lots look). The time aspect doesn't really intimidate me. Messing around for an hour or so each day would equate a wonderful way to just enjoy some peace and quiet in the evening (Anyone who has ever spent the majority of their non-working hours with a energetic 4 year old knows the value of quiet).

I'd also like to eventually attempt puzzles pieces (Like David did for the Rural Roads plugin), but in the manner of the MORPH curves I read about somewhere.

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

Andreas

Some time ago, I wrote a short tutorial how to extend the SFBT Street Tree Mod with T21s for the SAM streets. If necessary, I could translate the text from German, so anyone who is interested in picking up a similar project can give it a go. :) I won't be able to do the translation before sunday afternoon or so, though.
Andreas