• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ronin Region - Update 13: West Hammond Coastal Industry and Fishing Harbors

Started by cubby420, October 18, 2010, 11:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

travismking

looks nice :) I had that problem with the ave-2 median thing too, but it seemed to have worked itself out somehow when i ran the simulator for a few game years ... maybe some of the trees grow or something... Anyway I like the new ave-2 t21s better than the japanese ones anyway :)

marsh

Very nice!  &apls All of the buildings seem to fit in perfectly. Did you plop or grow all this? Either way I love how it looks.  :thumbsup:

,marsh  :satisfied:

kodlovag

It's very interesting to see the creative ways how others use NWM and inner-city canals. I really like this town. I should learn a lot from it.
Visit my MD, welcome to Archipelago

Utvaw

Another fantastic md to follow up on.  I like just about everything I see in this town, very nicely done.  Hopefully we see that boardwalk area soon. (hint, hint) ;)

Nardo69

Not bad. Your PS made the pictures a tad too dark for me but that's my personal taste.

Those are callagrafX canals, am I right? Just began to work with these babies, too. They are incredible ...

I am not sure what to say about your railway (crossing) layout as I miss an overview. Wouldn't be a damage if you post one anyway... ;)

Nice work!

Take care! And don't forget to make backups!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

Tomas Neto

MattyFo

Great update cubby!!!  Thanks for that picture of the residential area!!! As you put it, you surely kissed my butt enough to get some repeat comments :)  I did manage to find one of your "not-so secret" secrets.  I noticed that you use one of the most realistic touches.  Your cracked concrete sidewalk texture, and I guess, also base texture for most of your lots.  Being from a place where we get cold very winters, seeing perfectly paved and uncracked is a rare occasion.  Truly realistic, in my opinion.  Look forward to more from this masterfull Mayor's Diary.

- Matt

!!!!GO HABS GO!!!!

Girafe

I like how your manage your space and buildings mix

A good MD wait for more pics  &apls
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Battlecat

What a fantastic start!  Your city looks great so far.  I love the touch of the slightly photoshopped images, they're looking really nice!

noahclem

This looks great &apls

I've enjoyed your work for quite a while and am glad you decided to start an MD! I particularly enjoy your residential areas and canals but everything here is quality. Good luck  :thumbsup:

cubby420

Just a little something to keep the thread fresh.

Personal replies coming to all of you very soon! Thanks for the support.

Battlecat

Great job with the composition.  Good choice of images! 

Tomas Neto

Wow... fantastic pics!!! Very nice teaser my friend!!!  :thumbsup:

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

nbvc

cubby420

Hello all! Seeing as how most of us stateside have a total free day, it seemed like a good time for putting together an update. This time I did some different things. This update will feature one of the mid-sized cities in my region: Hammond - a sprawling place with people of diverse wealth, racial, and cultural backgrounds; a stark contrast from the well-to-do, mostly insular town of Torri. Don't worry though...those of you that still wanted to see specific parts of Torri will get your wish...just not quite yet  ::)

First though, personal relies were promised and damned if I'm not gonna follow up on that promise  %BUd%

Replies

Guillaume: Please, please...hold your applause  ;)

Robin: Thank you for the complements Robin. I many ways, your work in Mind Scape influenced the city featured in this update.

Jordan: Thanks! My eyes agree with you. They often are pleased by my work.  ::) As for the coastal stuff you want to see...its coming soon...I promise.

Jayster: Thanks for stopping in and leaving a comment!

travismking: Thanks! The Japanese NWM cosmetic mods were giving me nightmares. I much prefer the look of the one I'm currently using anyway, so why induce a stroke trying to get something to work.

marsh: Ah the immortal question (or at least 7 years)...to plop or not to plop. Alas, I fall firmly on the non-plop side of the argument, though I won't begrudge you serial ploppers out there. For whatever reason I get itchy whenever I plop an RCI building...it just...bugs me  ??? I've tried and I always end up bulldozing it and growing instead. Don't get me wrong. It's time consuming as all-hell, especially for someone who wants everything to look just so. But, I think the patience pays off, and the final product looks more organic as a result.

kodlovag: There is no greater compliment than someone saying they can learn something from your work.  :satisfied: Thank you very much!

Utvaw:
&apls COMING SOON - BOARDWALK UPDATE  &apls (p.s.: thanks for stopping by)

Bernhard: Thanks for commenting. Yeah, those are CallagrafX's canals all right. They are a sight to behold. The bridges can be a little twitchy from time to time, but on the whole they are great. As for the rail overview, I'll try and get one together for a future update that portrays my rail system in a good light, considering I have accomplished rail tycoons like yourself watching  :P Thanks for the advice as well by the way. Nothing worse than hours upon hours of sc4 build time lost to the many horrible things that can befall our fragile save games...oh please the save games...won't somebody please think of the save games...

Tomas Neto: Thank you my friend!

MattyFo: You caught me...that is indeed my trick  ()stsfd() Though, in my defense I learned it from one of the best MD's around: ManuelIR's Arlington Bay. Please, if you haven't been there before do yourself a favor and check it out. Oh and if Manuel is out there lurking somewhere...that'll be 5 U.S. Dollars for the plug.

Girafe: Thanks! It's hard to do, and staying at zoom levels for too long can really give you a skewed perspective on how your space and development actually fit together. Its a simple thing to do, but we all fall into lazy patterns sometimes and forget to give the eye some room to wander and explore.

Battlecat: Thanks! When you do PS right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

noahclem: Thank you very much! I love designing residential areas, as more than any other RCI type they tend to look the most organic and real by default. Just a splash of detail or an original layout and they really come together. Plus, with all the custom creations out there, making homes and apartments look great and diverse is a piece of cake.

nbvc: Thank you! I hope to see you around in the future. I'm a big fan of your coastal work. Hard as I try, my stuff never comes out quite as elegant as yours.

NOW...for those of you who ignore all replies but your own or just skip the section all together...first off...stop doing that. My mom always said it could make you go blind. There are all kinds of nuggets buried in MD and CJ replies all over this site and others. For instance, there are two references from Matt Groening shows in this update's replies, and the first person to identify both of them will get something special. Not quite sure what yet. I'll come up with something  :-\

Update Time!!!

For those of you who skipped the replies to get to the nougatty sweet center of this update, congratulations, you're here! And a good thing too...think of how bored your fellow sc4'ders are right now...reading some barely cogent miscreant's rantings that he invented the question mark, all the while angrily accusing chestnuts of being lazy. Without further ado, I give you - Hammond:

Jayster

Wow... VERY nice update! I specifically love picture 3.13. The highwealth mansions growing like that look amazing!  &apls &apls Also, where can I find those apartments in picture 3.11?

Keep up the superb work!

Jayster

kwakelaar

Nice pictures and I like the way you have manipulated them, this colour scheme is working very well.

Sciurus

No I won't hold my applause :P This last update is just fantastic!! &apls &apls I would know what the effect is you use on the images please? :)

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    *