• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Pense; Quite Some Time Has Passed

Started by WannGLondon, January 16, 2012, 08:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeckyll

RickD

Looks great. I like how the city is spreading out. I didn't realise the region was that big. Enough space for another couple of millions inhabitants.  ;D
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

apeguy

I love the region shot. Your city looks very realistic. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

vortext

Really awe-inspiring region.  &apls

Quote from: art128 on November 04, 2012, 03:54:21 AM
Already 1M inhabitants [...]

Even better yet, almost 2M!

Quote from: RickD on November 05, 2012, 04:09:38 AM
I didn't realise the region was that big.

Same here, even though Pense is massive it still seems tiny!  $%Grinno$%
Anyhow, any plans to develop the countryside?
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

WannGLondon

Replies.
Quote from: vortext on November 05, 2012, 09:33:02 AM
Really awe-inspiring region.  &apls

Quote from: art128 on November 04, 2012, 03:54:21 AM
Already 1M inhabitants [...]

Even better yet, almost 2M!

Quote from: RickD on November 05, 2012, 04:09:38 AM
I didn't realise the region was that big.

Same here, even though Pense is massive it still seems tiny!  $%Grinno$%
Anyhow, any plans to develop the countryside?

For the countryside, I plan on basically having farms everywhere, with some small English-style villages in between them, but honestly, I have a long way to go. haha

Quote from: Swordmaster on November 04, 2012, 02:21:44 AM
Looking good! A little trick: if you zoom to level 6 before saving, you get rid of some of the square lines in region view.

Cheers
Willy
Thanks Swordmaster.

And thank you all for the comments. You all truly make me and my city feel special.

Another update.

This update willl highlight the mass transit in Pense. I take great pride in my mass transit and just love to watch all the automata roam around and criss cross my city. I have truly tried to make the mass transit like London, for example having many rail terminis around my central city and subways and railways spreading to the outer reaches of the sprawl. Anyway, here's some shots.

Starting in southern Pense, I was inspired by some videos on Youtube of all the sunken networks in London and so I have actually began to create a lot in the suburban areas surrounding the city. Here is one network near Parling End.

Not exactly a mass transit shot, but a very important area none-the-less, is Queen's Circus. This street is the entry point for many commuters driving in from Western Pense. The circus handles about 10,000 cars every morning and evening and filters into the commercial districts of Bardwell and Hywater.

Next we have some trains leaving the financial district taking commuters back to their homes.

This is just a shot of the new train skin I am using. This train is making its way into Central Pense while passing an underground station.

Busy Mayvale Corner handles many busses and cars daily. This has got to be one of the busiest intersections in the city, handling commuters from Western and Northern Pense.

A lone bus crossing the river in front of the old parliament building.

In Western Pense we have a risen embankment near Gostingale.

Cross Haven Central Terminal here, the largest and busiest of all Pense's stations.

Eastland Terminus and Bank Terminus looming over the financial district.

Here I just wanted to show the hustle and bustle that goes on in the financial district.

Next we have Canton Terminal. This station is also extremely busy handling commuters from western and northern Pense.

Here is a busy rail bridge before the new train skin was added. It looks as if those trains are fighting for space.

Here was have the southern bank of the river where two commuter trains are passing through.

Busses!

.....and more busses!

Lastly, here we have one of my favorite parts of the city, Bank Court. This intersection and its subway station is a hub for the city. The subway station is an intersection for many subway lines, just like its neighbor avenues are a hub for many roads. If you look closely, you may find remnant of the old city wall, which is now a tourist attraction in which one can get to the top of the parapet and look over Bank Court.

And, I couldn't leave you all hanging without a region view. Population is about 1,700,000. I am truly trying to get to 7 million inhabitants but it does seem like it will be a challenge.

Au revoir, Shoshanna!
Call me Warren.

eldaldo

what an incredible region you have!

vortext

The hustle and bustle pic has a familiar ring to it since I like to break out the transit query to see what's going on as well. It's very gratifying when the public transit system actually gets used, so good job!  :thumbsup:

The sunken networks are very London-esque indeed and that one shot with the open subway station is typical as well. Finally that other pic with the elevated rail junction cutting through the urban landscape is awesome! (13th pic if I'm not mistaken, you should really number the pics. . ;-) )

All things considered a pretty decent update and I'm looking forward to cottages.  ;)

Keep it up!
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

apeguy

That's quite a mass transit system you have there, and you chosen your buildings very well, the city looks very authentic. Also, that region shot is fantastic. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

RickD

The elevated rail junction between the houses is really cool.  :thumbsup:
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

art128

A very nice work with the transit system in Pense, Warren! I like the area of the first picture. That sunken station looks pretty in this neighborhood.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

Nice work on the mass transit and road systems  &apls

WannGLondon

Replies.

Quote from: noahclem on November 15, 2012, 10:50:27 AM
Nice work on the mass transit and road systems  &apls
Thank you!

Quote from: art128 on November 15, 2012, 08:58:09 AM
A very nice work with the transit system in Pense, Warren! I like the area of the first picture. That sunken station looks pretty in this neighborhood.
Thank you, I do really like that picture too. Will look wonderful when the neighborhood is fully developed.

Quote from: RickD on November 15, 2012, 08:43:10 AM
The elevated rail junction between the houses is really cool.  :thumbsup:
Thanks Raphael.

Quote from: apeguy on November 15, 2012, 08:36:51 AM
That's quite a mass transit system you have there, and you chosen your buildings very well, the city looks very authentic. Also, that region shot is fantastic. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks Alex.

Quote from: vortext on November 12, 2012, 09:30:57 AM
The hustle and bustle pic has a familiar ring to it since I like to break out the transit query to see what's going on as well. It's very gratifying when the public transit system actually gets used, so good job!  :thumbsup:

The sunken networks are very London-esque indeed and that one shot with the open subway station is typical as well. Finally that other pic with the elevated rail junction cutting through the urban landscape is awesome! (13th pic if I'm not mistaken, you should really number the pics. . ;-) )

All things considered a pretty decent update and I'm looking forward to cottages.  ;)

Keep it up!
You bet! haha thanks.

Quote from: eldaldo on November 09, 2012, 10:30:03 AM
what an incredible region you have!
Thank you!

Another Update

Today Pense River Cruises decided they wanted to do a little bit of advertising so today, with my permission, they are going to show you a preview of one of their routes from Callomine in Eastern Pense to Brey in Western Pense. The journey is quite long, but has wonderful views and interesting history. Hope you all enjoy!

1. We start at Hark Beach. This area does not have a terminal for the cruise boat yet, but one is planned on being built in the near future.

2. As we embark on our journey we ride past Callomine Int'l Airport and its control tower. This tower seems very overwhelming and can be seen all over the metro area. The tower is even taller than some of Central Pense's skyscrapers.

3. We then come up to Gardelle Pool. Gardelle is a suburban neighborhood in eastern Pense with quiet streets and an abundance of parks. Gardelle sprang up when Apperston Wharf and surrounding industrial areas were developed.

4. Next we come to Apperston Wharf. This area was developed in the late 20th century to provide for a booming population. Just like Canary Wharf in London, it was used long ago as a industrial port area, but now houses world famous businesses and features a light cruise terminal too.

5. Just north of Apperston we have Fenbridge Pool and Fenbridge Stadium, locally known as "The Bridge".

6. Making our way west, we can see the Bow Turnpike to the north and straight ahead you can view the glorious skyline of Pense.

7. Here is the last view of Eastern Pense with Parbroke to the south and Barport East to the north.

8. And now our river boat enters the very commercialized Central Pense. Seems like a very drastic change from what we have been riding through. On the north side of the river we see Tower Cross and Barport. The Lemgate Bridge spans this part of the river. This area is one of the oldest parts of the city, but some of the older buildings along the river have been demolished to make way for more commercial jobs to supply Pense's population.

9. Even further west we now have Cross Bridge and my favorite part of the river. On the northern embankment we have hotels and big banks and on the southern embankment we have St. Haven Cathedral and service-based businesses.

10. Next we come to Asting Hall and its bridge. Across from Asting Hall is Cross Haven Central Railway Terminal.

11. We the come to Asting Pool. The greenery along the northern embankment is Croix (Croy) Gardens. The gardens are a beautiful refuge for business-people and tourists alike. The gardens also provide wonderful views of the river and Cross Haven. Pull out your cameras for a wonderful shot of the old parliament building too!

12. South of the old parliament building we pass some large buildings and St. Corring Bridge.

13. We now ride past Hale Yard and the remains of its old palace. This palace was once a grand manor, but could not withstand the test of time. Only one part of the palace still remains and is a glorious museum. The yard itself is a frequent to many tourists wanting to soak in the sun on some of Pense's warm days.

14. We then pass under Hale Bridge, the gateway to southern Pense and a main artery that is truly a lifeline to those that reside in southern Pense. It is one of the busiest bridges in the entire city.

15. And here is the last part of central Pense, Morrow Bridge. Truly, a stunner.

16. Into western Pense we find ourselves at Bellford Reach and its expensive riverside mansions.

17. Lastly, we end our trip at Brey, with the palace of the same name. The palace is a wonder, providing gorgeous views down the river into the central area.

Anyway, hope you all enjoyed the trip, here is a shot of the route we took today, highlighted in red.

Call me Warren.

cmdp123789

WOW! that was awesome buddy! long time no see.. sorry for missing the last updates...you know, at one point I really thought this was dead... GREAT TO SEE YOU BACK! excellent update &apls

Swordmaster

Some great views here, and as usual, great rowhouse action.

Not sure if the embankment looks the way you intend it, with the terrain cutting into it.

Cheers
Willy

wallasey

Enjoyable river cruise there! Great concept!

I agree with Willy, although to be fair my watersides are far from perfect!

Keep up to good work!

apeguy

Another fantastic update. :thumbsup: I'd really like to see more of Apperston Wharf, it looks pretty good. ;D ;D

mattb325

Excellent update! I particularly like the idea of the river cruise. Pense is both impressive and very, very , believable. The region views show just how much effort this must have taken....although how do you keep the demand going without agriculture in the region?

WannGLondon

Replies

Quote from: mattb325 on November 19, 2012, 02:17:59 PM
Excellent update! I particularly like the idea of the river cruise. Pense is both impressive and very, very , believable. The region views show just how much effort this must have taken....although how do you keep the demand going without agriculture in the region?
Thank you very much, Matt. Well I just make sure and supply what type of job is needed, whether it is commercial office or dirty industry. Although, I should probably start zoning agriculture because the job market is getting a little slim in Pense.

Quote from: apeguy on November 19, 2012, 12:01:15 PM
Another fantastic update. :thumbsup: I'd really like to see more of Apperston Wharf, it looks pretty good. ;D ;D
Maybe Alex, thanks.  ;)

Quote from: wallasey on November 16, 2012, 01:46:28 PM
Enjoyable river cruise there! Great concept!

I agree with Willy, although to be fair my watersides are far from perfect!

Keep up to good work!
Thank you!

Quote from: Swordmaster on November 16, 2012, 11:56:00 AM
Some great views here, and as usual, great rowhouse action.

Not sure if the embankment looks the way you intend it, with the terrain cutting into it.

Cheers
Willy
Thanks for the comment, but I actually do like the seawalls cutting into the land, adds a nice 'tidal' effect and makes it seem like the city is in control of the river and not the other way around.  :)

Quote from: cmdp123789 on November 16, 2012, 11:38:13 AM
WOW! that was awesome buddy! long time no see.. sorry for missing the last updates...you know, at one point I really thought this was dead... GREAT TO SEE YOU BACK! excellent update &apls
I have missed you Criss! Hope life is treating you well! I'll have to PM you soon for some updates. Anyway, glad to be back and thank you.

A teaser.......

and

Call me Warren.

Serkanner

I like the way you mix old and new custom content very much. I have seen items in your city from way back in time. Excellent.

WannGLondon

Quote from: Serkanner on November 25, 2012, 04:13:43 AM
I like the way you mix old and new custom content very much. I have seen items in your city from way back in time. Excellent.
Thank you, Serkanner.

Hello all, I just wanted to wish you all a happy holiday season from my city to yours.

Have a wonderful holiday season everyone. The Pensites will be sipping warm cocoa and tea and strolling in gardens and squares around this time of year, singing carols and shopping along May Corridor.
Call me Warren.