• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Pense; Quite Some Time Has Passed

Started by WannGLondon, January 16, 2012, 08:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metarvo

The housing is well done in the recent update, and I'm especially drawn to holiday-themed updates this time of year.  Additionally, the night shot of the skyscrapers is spectacular!  :)  Good job!
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

WannGLondon

I was just looking back on some of my older posts in this MD and have just been shocked about how much progress I have actually made. I used to know so little about the much-adored London and now I feel as if I could hold a seminar about the wonderful metropolis. Well, as I have learned, Pense has gotten much better and more realistic and I just wanted to post a comparison pic of how the city used to look, and how it looks now;

And..

Crazy right?! I cannot even fit the current city into one picture. Happy with the progress I have made and with the way my current Pense has turned out. Could not have done it without all of everyone's comments, compliments and support. Thank you.
Call me Warren.

Swordmaster

Good progress. But I'm sure there's even more ahead!

Cheers
Willy

Fabian93

WOW, that's really an awesome and inspiring region view there, WannGLondon!  &apls &apls
Unfortunately I've never been able to build such a fantastic region, which makes it even more interesting to look at - and I will definitely come back here from time to time  :) Been to London once but still have the urge to go back.. someday maybe.

Keep it up,
Fabian

wallasey

Great overview there! I wish my tiles seamlessly molded into one!  Well done!

vortext

It's easy to see why you feel happy about Pense and it's progress; it's simply awesome!! Really, this might be the best metropole I've seen to date and I'm hoping to see it extend even further in 2013!  :thumbsup:

Also, if you wish to see the entire region (and thus city), the region census is the proper tool for just that.  ;)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

RickD

Impressive region view.  &apls The diagonals and all those parks make it very realistic.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

apeguy

Incredible. I love how realistic it looks with the CBD and the commercial development lining the riverbanks. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

Schulmanator

Definitely a realistic looking city taking shape here.  &apls
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

nas-t

eldaldo

I love region views.  yours look so impressive!

WannGLondon

Peek-a-boo community. Hope all is well  ;D

Call me Warren.

cmdp123789

Wow! it feels like a century has passed without any signs of life from you! lol! Good to see some activity my friend!

art128

It's cool to see you back a bit around here! I missed watching your updates. :)

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

vortext

Nice surprise to see you back, with great pictures no less!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

noahclem

What a pleasant surprise to hear from you! Welcome back and excellent work with those pictures. You're city really shines at night  &apls

benedict

Welcome back, a nice surprise.

And congratulations, your MD is number one on Ben's Top Ten this week.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

WannGLondon

Hello All,

Very happy to hear from you. I thought I should let you all know, this is not the original Pense from long ago when I was very active on the forum. You see, I spend quite a bit of my time (embarrassingly enough) studying London using Bing Maps, Youtube, books I have at home, tv shows and many other forms that you can think of. As a result, I am constantly trying to perfect what I have created in SimCity 4 (Pense: based off of London).

Luckily, I think this will be my final Pense. I am extremely satisfied with how it is turning out. I have made sure to set aside time to make Pense just the way I like it, without rushing through it. Pense is currently at 2 million + residents and works actually very realistically. Many commuters make their way into the central area on trains, underground, buses and cars. My financial district is the most commuted-to place in the region, with my subway stations in that area rising above 100,000 people using daily. I am still having a hard time with abandonment in the outskirts of the city, but continue to tackle this issue with adding industrial estates and town centers (to try and keep my city as realistic as possible).

Everything is naturally grown, except for the landmarks of course. Anyway, enough with the rant. Here is the latest region view;

Call me Warren.

cmdp123789

Looks good.. as always! Nice to see you once in a while  :P

samu64

Wow is huge!
congratulations