• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Jen's random cities....

Started by jen_p, January 25, 2007, 03:42:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blade2k5

This is my first look at your random cities Jen, and I have to say this is some of the best developed small town/city pics I've seen yet....I think you've inspired me to try my hand at developing small towns and cities instead of going for the skyline all the time....I really like how your farmlands and small towns look.  I'll definitely come back to see what you share with us next :thumbsup: 

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

jen_p

Nice to hear that you all like what I'm doing especially the small town type cities, I think they look much better than skyscraper forests. Here are some more CAM tests. I think I'm starting to get the hang of the differences in demand.

My MD: Jen's random cities...  ...Also, check out my creations on the LEX...

bat

That's a nice CAM city there, Jen_p! Great work on it!! :thumbsup:

Pat

Jen just wonderful and IM glad you have taken the plunge into CAM....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

blade2k5

Well done on the CAM city Jen &apls  Reminds me a lot of the smaller cities and towns in my neck of the woods.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

thundercrack83

Your work with the CAM is looking great, my friend! And the way you've used the RHW looks good, too! Keep up the good work!

mightygoose

lovely work jen, i recently started using some of your housing. its awesome.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

ky72x

Beautiful work, Jen!  The variety in buildings is good, especially in the residential areas.  I really like how that industrial area turned out, too.

jen_p

Well, so far I'm really liking the CAM, I always think it looks kinda funny when you have a few skyscrapers amongst lots of lower density buildings, and so far the CAM has prevented that phenomenon. I also love the RHW, in my opinion, it has the best looking roads out of all the options, custom or maxis.

mightygoose, I'm glad you like the houses I made. I do plan to make more, I'm just not sure when, 'cause RL gets in the way.

More CAM pics:

Early development:

Later development:

My MD: Jen's random cities...  ...Also, check out my creations on the LEX...

Hogmeister

I am liking what I see, there might be a real mix of styles in those homes yet it works very well, as that's how many a town develops..... over time, and hence the variety you get because of changes in fashion and the way people lives evolve. I also have to say the picture of brick industrials you posted earlier was excellent.  :)
Building Better Buildings Better

bat

That some fantastic new CAM pictures there, jen_p!
Fantastic work! :thumbsup:

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Nardo69

Great work! I do like that long factory along the railway line! But I just don't like that steep slope on the RHW

Nice Layour with the small church and the fontain in the previous update. The roads around its three side look good and add together with the fountain. I just think that a more discreet fontain than that golden mayor would've fitted better there ..

Take care (and don't forget to make backups!)

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

CasperVg

Great work, I like it. Nice usage of the CAM and the RHW-2  ;)
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Hogmeister

So do we have an update Jen, I would love to see how things are developing
Building Better Buildings Better

amapper

I like your cities, and agree that it is difficult to stay with one region for an extended period of time. I usually begin to learn new techniques which don't always take to retrofitting into an existing city well. I like all the detail you put into the cities. Nice to look at!!

rooker1

I agree with the rest, it would be awesome to see a new update from Jen.
Robin  ;)
Call me Robin, please.

Pat

Waiting patiently here in the cold Northern Wisconsin state for such a wonderful update...

vester

Very nice pictures.

Where do I find this station ?

bat

Also waiting for a new update here, Jen_p! ;) ... (for ~47 days now)