• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

007's B.A.T.ing Room

Started by peter007, October 04, 2010, 03:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peter007

Replies;
@Matthijs
Well actually it is! http://maps.google.nl/?ll=51.917894,4.482932&spn=0.001266,0.002113&t=w&deg=270&z=19
Google maps works fine too. Now that they've implemented the 45 degrees corner.

@Xander
I've seen the picture, Thanks!

@Getron.
Well the base isn't finished yet it's only the top of the base. The tower is perfectly scaled in real life meters. When I'm going to export it it will be 33% longer of course.

@Guillaume

Thank you, my friend.

Update:

So I did a little bit work last weeks. Especially yesterday and today. And I created this.

The roof of this Rotterdam building is a little bit busy that´s because I wanted to try new kinds of tools. I hope you like the "crowded" result. It's not finished though. THe detail will be a lot less in game since this is just a view made in 3dsMAX and not in the BAT4MAX

By the way. Happy birthday with your 20th birthday 3dsMAX.
http://area.autodesk.com/maxturns20

-Ernst

FrankU

Nice, Ernst! Please continue.
For the WTC, though, you should indeed take a close look at reality. It's in no way according the real proportions.

Getron

Indeed nice, Ernst.

The roof looks great, modern. But it seems there is no acces to the roof part with swimmingpool, no door to get to this part of the roof. And that seems a same when the summer is coming  :P

Keep on going.

Getron

kelis

Stunning job on the roof !! I can't wait to see the complete building with their textures and lights  &apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

peter007

@Kelis; Thanks .Me too  :)

@Getron; Thanks. You say doors huh. Well here they are.

@FrankU; I did :D . About the WTC I leave it as it is now. I'll just get back to it when I'm done with this building.

As you all know. (at least dutch guys). The building should be white at the back, but I don't know whether it will contrast to much with the building itself. We see mainly dark colors with a white wall we will see something very different and I don't know if that is good.
Nevertheless. Here are the pictures.

-Ernst

mave94

Now that is looking great, Ernst!  :thumbsup:
I have a less crowded feeling because of the trees. I think it is nice indeed to have something greenish on the roof.

MandelSoft

Nice detailing there, Ernst! It looks like a building that I'm willing to download when it's finished :thumbsup:
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

peter007

Replies
Maarten; Thank you! By the way you did a great job on the bridge you made. Just wanted to say ;)
Matthijs; Thanks, the trees are doing well on the roof indeed.

Now the exams are killing me, but I needed to get out so I continued on the roof junk and this is the result. Now I think it's finished unless someone says that there is something wrong.
Here's the picture

Now the stone texture isn't realy done but I intend to get back on that later when I can get a nice view of the overall building.

:EDIT:
Maybe an overall look would do some good.

-Ernst

WC_EEND

I like it this way, I'd keep it like that.

Xander
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

MandelSoft

Some really nice progress! I really like the detailing on the roof, that's excellent! Can't wait for the end-result :thumbsup:
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Getron

Ernst,

To start good luck on the exams. Hope you will make it.

I can't say anything about the building, because it is a masterpiece. Keep it on   :thumbsup:

Getron.

peter007

@Getron. Thanks for complimenting
@Maarten. The end-result is very near. Thanks!
@Xander. I did ;) Thanks for commenting

Progress on the building

North View

East View

South View

West View
As the dutch fellows know there should be some white areas at the building. I experimented with it and it didn't do anything good to the total picture. So I think I keep it with this stone texture.

-Ernst

WC_EEND

I actually prefer it like this, I think it looks better :thumbsup:
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

Sciurus

That's such a nice building! &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

alex_bervoets

Wow... that roof looks awesome! I'll try to follow this one ;)

RickD

My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

noahclem

Great work, the top especially  &apls

FrankU

peter007

@Frank(U); Thanks for the compliment
@noahclem; Thank you very much. I like the top myself too
@RickD; Thanks!
@Alex_Bervoets; Thank you!
@Guillaume; Thanks, my friend
@Buzzit; Thanks!
@Xander; I changed the color a bit. Hope you like it even more.

I did some work on the upper three floors, the roof junk and I exported the building once to let Dr. Greg and The Cooking Queen take a look about it. The scaling seems okay. As you can see in this picture

Then I changed some things to the front pillars. I made them a little bit wider.

And I changed the Tilling of the building. Now you can actually see that it is bricks instead of the real life concrete. I liked this more :)

Without any criticism I will continue with the nightlights.

-Ernst