• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

~ K e l i s || Benelux Room ~

Started by kelis, August 12, 2011, 02:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

I think it looks great, keep it up. :)

As for the pictures, I took them on Bing maps. You have an option for " 45° view " of some cities. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Dantes

kelis

Last update for today  :thumbsup:, Thanks for the comments my friends !!
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Dantes

The antenna is in HD+  :o Wow, so fantastic work  &ops Great art !

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

art128

Props & Texture Catalog

w_swietwoot

kelis

Hi mates;

Thanks for the comments !!! Okay, today I want to show you the model, as you can see it's done !! Yeah, finaly  ;D
Okay, today I will work with texturing and perhaps with the Night Lights, I hope you like the model my friends !!

Greetings  ;)

PD:
Someone can help me with the reflection of the Windows ? How can I put another picture as a reflection of the glass ?
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

kelis

Okay, I will try with that tutorial my friend !! Thank you for share it  :)
.                                                                                                                      

Swordmaster

Wow - this would look good even without the textures! The roof is amazing with those airco things and the red structure.

Cheers
Willy

PS: That Rotterdam thing was a joke, of course. Call it friendly competition - I love Holland. ;)

kelis

Hello mates,

Sorry, I was a bit busy with the RL these last two weeks and I couldn't work with the model, today I've started texturing and well, it is more difficult than I remembered, so please be patient with me !!

What do you think in this moment ? what do you think about the Bricks texture ? and the texture of the other facade? should I continue to apply that texture?

Greetings and I hope somebody can give me some criticism and advice.

# Jonathan
.                                                                                                                      

gn_leugim

I?ll be very honest, I don't like the textures I see. the bricks (I assume are the brown in the round shape of the building) are to much repetitive and monotonous. plus, the colour is always the same, all over the the façade. Also, they appear to be in a square pattern, is that what is meant to be?

About the yellowish texture at the button, I think the same thing applies.

the textures as they are now are a bit dead, meaningless. you need to introduce a gradient to them, dark button, light top, add some variation, like bricks of slightly different colours, some grime, water leaking and so on, and I would also, specially for the yellow one, sharp the texture a bit more, as it is a bit blurred now.

Your model is wonderfully made, so it would be great to have some textures up to the match :)

kelis

Hello Mates:

Making some progress with textures, I find it very difficult to get a good result in this building !

There is no work on the glass yet ! What do you think so far ?

# Jonathan  :thumbsup:

.                                                                                                                      

MandelSoft

Well, so far, I like the detailing! I thought you had forgotten about this project, but I'm glad you didn't ;)
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

art128

Looks great, Jonathan! I think you did a good job so far on the textures!

Props & Texture Catalog

Swordmaster

Looks very good Jonathan. Very good.

Cheers
Willy

mgarcia

Hi Jonathan,

I wasn't aware you were batting ... glad I clicked on the Benelux Room thread!  The new Rotterdam building is awesome.  Thank  you for sharing the Osaka bat.  It is awesome too.    &apls

kelis

Hello mates:

Thanks for the all comments my friends, I really appreciate all your comments  :)

Okay I think the day model is completely done, what do you think ? It's ready for export ?

# Groeten
.                                                                                                                      

art128

What about the nightlights?

And don't forget to make LODs that fit the building tightly, it's better for loting. :)

Props & Texture Catalog