• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

w_swietwoot's Projects

Started by w_swietwoot, January 07, 2012, 02:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terring7

I'm living in Greece and I'm seriously thinking about using the Dutch recycling deposit bin in my Barsoom Project :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

gn_leugim

Wonderful set, useful for many, Dutch or not.

1 little cons on the set overall, the models look so polished and clean, and even they handle garbage (some of them) they just look brand new and clean :\

if you know what I mean.

nevertheless. great work!  &apls

Swordmaster

Great set!

Quote from: sunv123 on February 10, 2013, 12:03:44 PM
That's a funny design. ::) But i'm sure the shape serves a purpose...

The purpose is that these can be easily lifted and emptied by a truck (hence the handles on top). In Belgium, too :)

Cheers
Willy

FrankU

Hoi Wouter,

There are many useful props in the set, so that's indeed a good addition. But like gn_leugim already said: I think they look a bit too clean and too... what shall I say... a bit too cartoonlike. The colors are too bright and too saturated for realistic appearances. And too clean. I understand that it will be quite a job to edit them all but of course it's up to you what you do with our remarks.

w_swietwoot

Ok, you have spoken. I will unbrighten the most bright ones, and I will try dirtying-up  ??? the ones who need it. But don't expect wonders  :P.

WC_EEND

Quote from: Swordmaster on February 10, 2013, 01:39:48 PM
Great set!

The purpose is that these can be easily lifted and emptied by a truck (hence the handles on top). In Belgium, too :)

-image-

Cheers
Willy

Really? I've never actually seen these in Belgium :P

edit: slight clarification: I've seen the containers here, but I haven't seen the lorries used to empy them.

Xander
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

art128

Quote from: WC_EEND on February 11, 2013, 10:45:04 AM
Great set!

-image-

Cheers
Willy

Xander

We have these in France as well... :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Swordmaster

Quote from: WC_EEND on February 11, 2013, 10:45:04 AM
Great set!

-image-

Cheers
Willy

edit: slight clarification: I've seen the containers here, but I haven't seen the lorries used to empy them.

Xander

I have one of those on the corner of my street, so I can't really miss it. Makes a lot of noise.

Cheers
Willy

w_swietwoot

Update:
edited many of the props, hope you spot the difference. Also added two.

The new:

full-res: http://imageshack.us/a/img189/8118/newcitynov1209136112329.jpg

and the old:

full res: http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/3622/newcitynov1209136052104.jpg

gn_leugim

FrankU

Hoi Wouter it's hard to say what the differences are... I cannot see them. Is it my eyes? Could be; they almost have lasted their first half century. I might need better glasses.
But what I do see is that you have quite a set of benches and some of them look quite the same. Are you sure we need all of them?

Props are very beautiful and useful anyway!

gn_leugim

the differences are subtil in most cases and in many more are none at all. I advice you to open both pics in HD and look carefuly. some props, specialy the white'ier ones were modified. some of the green one could use the same treatment IMO, but nevertheless good work :)

Getron

Hoi Wouter,

While looking at you great prop set, I'm wondering about the "praatpalen" (Top Left). In comparison to the "TNT brievenbussen" of the "Vuilniscontainers", do look very big.

Or I'm a wrong?

Getron

Aaron Graham

Lovely props. I love the trash can and the power box thing.
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

w_swietwoot

I thought I'd get some honest opinions when I didn't explain much when posting this picture. The full res picture is much clearer, the resized picture shown on this page is not very representative. Difference is there, big in my world, small in some of yours :P. But that's because I've been looking at them for quite long now ?=mad)=. About half of them were redone, 26 in total, excluding the new ones. I needed those new ones for the modd attached to these props. I've detuned saturation on the bright ones and some the bigger ones have noise mapping on them to replicate filth.

I've noticed big differences in colour representation between my laptops screen and my desktops screen. On my laptop everything is very dull, on my desktop it's pretty colourfull on the other hand.  I've tested some of them in game, using my modds and I think they look good. Some of the stuff, like the mailboxes are pretty bright in RL as well. I guess it's just that I kid of like the colours myself right now... &ops. But I'm not unwilling to learn and I do admit colouring and texturing is not yet my strongest point. And well, you would not use as many of these together like in the picture here, now it's a bit of a colour jumble. The are only small individually, so to stand out a bit, I tought some colour would help.

Franku, as you've noticed it's mostly streetware, so I've made sets of metal stuff in 5 colours. The benches, bins and poles will be modded as a set in the colour of your choice, replacing some maxis props. I've chosen colours found in towns I've been. Green (as in The Hague), brown (The Hage aswell), purple (like in the town I cross going to work, red (like in the town I live) and black (well more as a base colour). I guess the black ones will be the popular choice.

Getron, I'll scale them down, you are right. Didn't notice. And thank you Aaron.

Getron

Wouter,

Seen the props on the STEX and downloaded them. Hope to get using them soon.

Great work.

&apls

Getron

kelis

Thanks for all those props my friend, I love them and I will use them, you may sure  :thumbsup:

I was wondering what is the progress with your bridges ? I can't wait to use them !

Greetings and good night Wouter  :)
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Dantes

Wow  :o It's time to recycling systems in SC4  ;D Fantastic prop pack  :thumbsup:

w_swietwoot

He thank you guys. I'm happy people like it. I know it's a niche item, but basically all my stuff is. I want to thank everyone helping me getting them finished and giving comments to make them better. I'm also glad I finally released it. They were in this 'never finished' state and it took quite some time.
So this gives room for new stuff. Speaking of which, Kelis, the bridges (an Erasmus bridge and 3 more Dutch bridges) are with Maarten (Mandelsoft) who makes them work. I told him he could take as much time as he liked. He already done some work and it seem to look and work well, very well indeed. But he is curently busy with other stuf including some NAM work. So to speed things up we might have to gently push him a bit... ;D
So I don't know wat I'll do next. Maybe some automata I wanted finishes, maybe some more props or maybe someting totally else. We will see.

w_swietwoot

Something new:

An Oldambtster-type farm. Found in the east of the northermost province of Groningen. Owners were wealthy farmers feeding the population of the ever growing cities in the 19th and 20th century.

Do you like it?