• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Commonwealth of Marathon

Started by thundercrack83, November 05, 2008, 02:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ennedi

An idea of making a sport complex on the wharf is excellent! :thumbsup: I am very curious how will you perform it.

It was a while when I visited you last time, so I must say that your map is fantastic!  &apls I also like very much your explanations, much to learn form them  :thumbsup:

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

deathtopumpkins

Wow, that's a neat idea! I love doing land reclamation projects in my cities, similar to your quay, so of course this is an interest to me. And I cannot wait to see how you finish it!  :thumbsup:
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

bat

Looking forward to (more of) the sport complex and nice update... :thumbsup:

art128

Wow ! excellent terraforming Dustin, it promises to be a fantastic complex!  &apls
I agree that the Meadowlands Sports Complex is beautiful. ;)
Can't wait to see more with the sports equipment. :thumbsup:

Arthur.  ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Alfred.Jones

Great idea Dustin! I too am a big sports fan and I can't wait to see the complex once it is finished!

Awesome work on the terraforming so far,

Keep it up!

AJ :)

Sim City 4 Devotion

JBSimio

Hi Dustin!

I've been a little lax in my responses lately, but I have been lurking when I get the chance.  You've been doing so many different things here, I hardly know where to begin.  Your maps turned out very well and your notepad looks very similar to mine!  (I actually have two legal pads on my desk... one for Covington and one for BATting... both are a scribbled mess of notes, numbers, sketches, etc... :D )  The newspaper looks great and I'm really interested in your latest venture!  I also enjoy a good stadium complex (Ford Field and Comerica Park in Detroit are a nice downtown pairing) and your idea to put them on a pier looks most promising.  Like Matt, I'm also itching to see how the different levels will come into play.

See you then!
JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

thundercrack83

Matt (threestooges): Hi, Matt! I'm glad you like the sports complex, so far! The different levels was a way of breaking things up a bit. As for the mass transit, I plan to have some kind of hub around the area, since it would be a high-traffic area on game and event days. As for the teams in Marathon? That may be an update down the line, perhaps! I'll have to give it some thought!

sebes: Hi, my friend! You are definitely correct, there will not be many different parking lots as per the norm with sports complexes. Since it's in a downtown urban area, it will have parking garages and perhaps a few smaller lots further away from the facilities to serve both event traffic and normal day-to-day city traffic. Thanks for coming by!

Joe (JoeST): Hi, Joe! Welcome to Marathon! Thanks so much, my friend!

Robin (rooker1): Hello, there, Robin! Actually, the real life pictures were meant to illustrate what I'm trying to avoid doing in Marathon, at least the Philadelphia and Meadowlands ones anyway! The Baltimore stadiums are closer to what I'm going for, though! I hope I can get it all figured out, but with your help, I'm sure we'll get there! It's gotten me this far! Thanks again, and we'll see you back soon!

metarvo: Thanks so much! As I said to Matt (threestooges), I have to do some thinking on the sports teams of Marathon once the venues are in place! As for how good or bad they are, well, that's always up for grabs!

Adam (Ennedi): Hi, Adam! So glad to see you here again, my friend! I'm glad you're enjoying the maps and the latest update! Hope to see you here again!

deathtopumpkins: Thanks, my friend! I'm with you on land reclamation. As I said in the update, I think this will be the first in many quays in the city, all different sizes, to give it that "on the water" feel that Boston has, and even Philadelphia has on the Delaware River. Thanks for coming y!

bat: Thank you, bat! I'm glad you enjoyed it, my friend!

Arthur (art128): Thanks, Arthur!

Alfred.Jones: Hey, there! It's always great to hear from another sports fan! I'm glad you like the complex area so far. I hope to see you back again soon!

Jon (JBSimio): Hi, Jon! First let me say...HAPPY BIRTHDAY! It's after midnight here in Pennsylvania, so I had to do it! I'm glad you're finding things to your liking here lately. I'm a big fan of Ford Field and Comerica, too—though, I have to admit, I've always had a very soft spot in my heart for the Pontiac Silverdome, ever since I was a kid and watch Hulk Hogan bodyslam Andre the Giant at WrestleMania III. That was a big moment in my life as a six-year-old in 1987! Thanks for sopping in, and I hope your birthday is a blast, my friend!

I'm still working and planning, planning and working on our sports complex, so in the meantime, I thought we could venture back to southwestern Marathon, and our Rocky-inspired neighborhood...

As the picture shows, there's a new section of highway—the Docklands Extension—that's been added since our last map edition, as well as where the elevated rail heads back underground before leaving the island. Of course, there's also some more low-income housing in there, too. Somewhere, a no-name boxer is training for a fight against Apollo Creed!

Back to the sports complex grindstone!

deathtopumpkins

Ooh... nice R$ housing... and I like that bridge abutment!

Very nice and dirty!

bat

That's a really great picture there, nice work on it! :thumbsup:

Nexis4Jersey

Wow that Highway Setup is giving me ideas  :thumbsup: ::)

Pikatchoum

Very nice and interesting pics. I like the way you show all the steps of the city building. It's very hypnotizing IMO. I especially liked the tutorial you've made some pages ago about how making a "real-like" transportation map. It was very well explainded, I must do one now ! Thanks and keep it up.

Pat

Hey Dustin looking great in here!!! The last pic here is just awe dropping wicked!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

thundercrack83

deathtopumpkins: Thanks! The dirty look was what I was going for. I'm glad I've achieved it! I'm happy you like the bridge, too!

bat: Thanks so much, my friend!

Corey (Nexis): Thanks, Corey! I can't wait to see your ideas!

Pikatchoum: Hello! Welcome to Marathon! I'm so happy that you're enjoying things here and that you've found some of the tutorials informative. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me, and I hope to see you back, my friend!

Pat: Hey, Pat! It's great to see you! Thanks for stopping by!

Well, the work on the quay is still underway. Always planning and re-planning, and trying to put the plans into action!

I thought I'd put together something to illustrate the current plan:

The red "Plaza Areas" sections will be large open areas various stuff around. The one on the upper section of the quay where the arena will be located will stretch up to the diagonal avenue that's been bulldozed in the picture, surrounding and including the subway station.

For now, it's back to the old drawing board!

Pat

Hey Dustin its always great to see what you are cooking up here in Commonwealth!!! So you are planning for a big area there and I cant wait to see the plans in action!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

threestooges

I like what I'm seeing so far, but there is one thing I don't see: parking. I'm sure you have it planned for, but I'm curious to see where it'll go, and what form it will take (lot, garage, above ground, below ground (wouldn't expect that what with the water but the island is elevated a bit after all)). Nice plan though and I'll look forward to seeing the first bits of development.
-Matt

rooker1

Hey Dustin,
Very interesting setup.  I, too can't wait to see what goes in these area.  ;)

Robin  :P
Call me Robin, please.

Ennedi

Hello Dustin,

The bridge head (Docklands Extension) looks very good! Marrast waterfront pieces and Japan walls along highway harmonize very well. Great picture! :thumbsup:
I also like your sports area setup. I suppose you will provide a parking here (as Matt said), but I have another question: I'm curious how will you lead a road to the Stadium Area?

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

art128

Dustin, this plan looks promised my friend ! &apls
Can't wait to see the development of the docks.

Arthur. :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

deathtopumpkins

That plan looks great so far, but I think you forgot one thing! Parking!  :P

Jmouse

Interesting plan for the sports complex, Dustin, but I have to second - or third_ the question of parking. I'm anxious to see how you deal with this issue considering a man takes his car to a sporting venue more often than he takes his wife! $%Grinno$%

Later...
Joan