• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

flame1396's Eyecandy [Teaser: 07-02-08]

Started by flame1396, June 12, 2007, 09:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simpson

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

flame1396

My computer is back! I am officially OFF hiatus. So here's a 50 pic update. Well, actually it's 45-some-odd pics... but 50 sounds better!

I was gone because my computer had an eff up. Needed a OS wipe and reinstall and I lost everything but my documents (managed to get that salvaged  :thumbsup:)...

Also, I did the ACT again. Broke the 30s this time! *dundunana can't touch this dunananaaa* Getting mail from bigshot universities like Ohio State  ;D ... Also did my AP exams since my last update. AP Literature went well and AP US History I'm not 100% sure about, no scores so far.

Oh yeah, my Dental Surgery went well today, no more wisdom teeth -"Confuchnid say.... uhh..."- But it hurts like a mother and 800mg Ibuprofen and ???mg Vicodin have been prescribed, hopefully the Vicodin I just had will do better than the Ibuprofen an hour ago. Can't eat a darn thing all week too.

So on to the update... I've been busy for the week since I got my computer back, FINALLY - took forever because my mother's colleague (she teaches) was doing it for really cheap in his spare time. I added a quarter tile to the north of downtown and filled out some other parts. I'll start off with the OLD region picture:

Old, and much much smaller than now.

ON to the new region shots:

...or maybe I should ignore you all for a week and post a teaser instead. NAH. "Don't tease me, bro"
I'll ZAP that idea. (pun, if not as clever as I think, can be blamed on the Vicodin... if it is funny, that's all me!)

As for the above, photobucket takes a while for 46 pictures to upload ya know. DEAL WITH IT  :D

Normal

Transit, probably hard to see the rail as it follows the highway most of the time.

These pictures are from the new city above the downtown tile. The last 10 or so are from the downtown tile, none from the other one. Sorry.

Kind of a general overview, I forgot to use a highway exit so that'll get fixed ASAP

Suburb including many of my 100-something custom suburb lots. Each house holds 5 people max. Realism baby! If you PM me I may email them to you if you have a fat dependency folder, mostly BSC prop and texture packs and the maxis building prop sets, I won't help you with prop sets. They're designed only to grow in the Chicago tileset so I don't get bothered with them when building other stuff (I assigned most other buildings to the other tilesets unless they were more than 2 tiles deep - the houses are all 1x1 or 1x2).

More suburbs

Organized communities (SOMY) used as the last bit of the midrise to suburb transition.

Community college, among some rowhomes and duplexes.

Some more sexy midrise. Diamond ramp to be added, forgot about those when I built this. The intersection is so unrealistic.

Lots of various rowhomes. Very AK style...

Small commercial district. I use this sort of thing as filler and a little boost to jobs.

Main train hub for this suburb. Probably not getting to capacity. (Everyone uses highways on buses)

Very trick spot to fill, triangular spots always are... I was originally going to grow a hotel there but this strip mall popped up and I kept them. (That is one of 2 grown commercial lots in the whole region - the other one is the pink lot in the right of this picture).

Asian style shopping subdivision. SOMY

As bad as the housing gets really... even the low wealth population gets tree-lined streets. I could build a real dump if I wanted too... but no.

Some decent, small apartments for the working class.

Some rowhomes, part of a set pictured and ranted about below...

Some rowhomes, the biggest pain to grow this set: 40 simmed years of grow and blow until I gave up and let some lower wealth ones pop in (the gray and white ones), the red ones are mid wealth. It still looks good... better than what I wanted really... SC4 can be funny like that.

Dusktrooper's Condos are awesome, they're all great but these are the best. They're super hard to grow though. :thumbsdown:

Another angle of that tricky spot.

An excellent bat by... somebody.

Condos for the middle-classed worker.

I love closeups.

...just shootin some b'ball outside of the school. When a couple a' guys, who were up to no good, started making trouble in ma neighbahood, I got in one little fight an my mom got scared and said... (disclaimer: no school depicted)

Some more midrise.

Motel 8, the cheapest hoes rooms in town.

Next pics are from the newly developed areas of downtown. (Actually pre-computernuke, but after the last updat)

Couldn't resist slipping a bit of downtown.

The light tan apartments are from CapitalSimCity, they grow like weeds but look awesome. You've been warned.

Bit of the mall on the left. (Ill_Tonkso I believe...)

Nothing new, but I love my downtown.

OOPS, I duplicated my main hub in a suburb, I'll need to fix it...

A truly wonderful BAT. Great mall, great great great filler.

These apartments have nice vibrant backyard... Needs a few trees maybe...

Dusktrooper is 1337, all shall bow.

I like this shot for some reason, a good closer.

Hope you enjoyed my looooong update... Was gone for a while.

Big thanks to thundercrack83 for bending the rules (sorta) and reactivating my archived MD.  :)

Replies to previous feedback done later I guess never for now because the general stuff dealt mostly with moving to ST (no, lost my software so I can't do my plans, too lazy anyway) And thank you for kind feedback and useful criticism.
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

Simpson

Oh Flame your new update is very good
The city is looking very good and I love the tree in the sreet it's realistic
Your map région is good
:)
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

flame1396

You can download the streets w/ trees mod from the LEX on this website, it is by JeroniJ, I believe it is called the street-side mod.
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

Godzillaman

You are beast. You are tank.

So let's just say you pwn. &apls
"With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound he pulls the spitting high-tension wires down..."

flame1396

So here's a teaser for next update. Industry!

Started up pretty small and the industrial sector of the city won't be all that big anyway, just big enough. I think about it and realize how close to being done with all midrise I actually am. Then it's just burbs and rural left (not sure how fast rural'll be though... Plopping it all you know...) and I'll have my first complete region!

And, a question for the readers! Do you think I have built enough midrise so far (assuming I'm going to fill out the remainder to be about the same size as the current amount I have built) to be realistic in proportion to downtown size? And do you think a block of suburbs roughly twice the radius of the midrise will be enough to keep the good proportion going?

bat

That's a very nice big update there, flame1396! With some wonderful pictures!!! :thumbsup:

Simpson

Congratulation I really like the new small update  :D
It's looking really realistic
Your région view is really simpathique  :)
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Manny

derwilly

are all those building growables? it must have taken you forever to get them all neatly laid out. congratulations
Indonesia: land of smiles, home of chaos, nation of disorder. My favorite place on Earth!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66788325@N00/collections/72157600071762388/

flame1396

@ derwilly: The industry and commercial is plopped but all of the apartments and houses are growables. And it does take a while. Thank you.  :)