• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Kingdom of Kent: More Riviera and a sneek peak into the new Kent!

Started by callbat, March 13, 2008, 09:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

Welcome to page 4!

Nice work on that Mediterranean area! :thumbsup:

szymcar

Quite well, but I don't like this repetitiveness of buildings in British cities. Often examining the city of different users I can see it exactly alone and I don't like him oneself it. But I liked lands dwelt in by foreigners.
:thumbsup:

paroch

Hi Callbat,

I like Kent very much, so good luck with recovering it/rebuilding it.  Of course, as I work in London every day I recognise much of what you are creating and I like the subtle changes.  Park Corner does a great job of recreating Speakers Corner.  And I assume Surrey Park is a Hyde Park replacement. 

The eel and pie shop is also a nice touch.  Never been a jellied eel fan, but pie and mash - any day.  I must pop in and try them out :D

And your slight re-writing of history is great as well.  The great fire monument is a nice touch, although maybe it needs to be surrounded by larger buildings??  Peterloo station is great, like it alot, nice choice of train mod for your city.

Your Italian city is looking good too, total change of style.  I guess I prefer the London (oops, sorry, Kent) MD because I know the city well and you're doing such a great job with it.

Good luck with whatever comes next.

Paul

sebes

Hey Callbat,
that last picture made me think of this little town in Croatia :
Veliki Losinj

Excellent village man  :satisfied:
Just need to add some boats, terraces and people....
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Pytkowski

Very good work my american friend , keep working it is your talent
Well done ;)

Jmouse

Yes, that last photo is a departure from the norm, callbat, but very attractive. As I follow more and more MDs here, I find myself growing fond of Mediterranean-style villages and cities. Hope you will continue to develop this little hideaway by the sea.

Until next time...
Joan

Pat

Hooollly Mooolly there Callbat your Italian Coast its just ummm wow!!!! Callbat its my honor to come on in here and watch you work, that effect you did for the coastal area it just blows me away honestly!!!  I hope in your first week you didnt have to send anyone to the principals office lol  :D  I look forward to your next update!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

callbat

Wow, so many great replies! Thanks to everyone lol, your personal replies are down below but first I'd like to show you a progress shot of the new Kent City with the usual added photo effects.

Can anyone tell me what this is? ( I mean, what scene from London I'm trying to copy):

There are still a few kinks to work out, for instance, the image as a whole doesn't "flow" to me, but maybe that's just a matter of filling the whole shot with already developed areas. We'll just have to wait and see.

And since you are all so keen on the Italian thing here is another mosaic for you great lovely people  :P :

It could've been better, I know, but it's hard to do a mosaic with coastlines and a continuous blurring effect (the cliffs are supposed to be out of focus) But nevertheless I hope you enjoyed it!

Replies:
Jayo: Nice to see you here mate! Yeah lol I can't figure out what to do about the boats, I tried lotting the boats (all the lots in the med. shots are made by me) but I can't get the boats to appear above water when I plop them. Is there something I'm missing here? lol. Thanks again.
bat: Thank you my friend!
szymcar: arrgh yes the repitition bugs me sometimes too, but it's just another game limitation (and lack of any more London BATs) but I assure you that a real British city is one million times more architecturally diverse and beautiful. Thanks mate  :thumbsup:
paroch: I'm glad to know I'm not the only one not fond of jellied eels lol. Well yes Kent is supposed to be a copy somewhat of London but not a carbon copy so that's why I stick in those little changes. Well about the monument, like I said, the Kents (maybe me too, a little..) failed to give it good surroundings  :P
Well I'm glad you like everything and I hope to see you again  :thumbsup:
sebes: Thank you very much, although I was going for a Portofino look..and about the boats and people well I told you it wouldn't be perfect  :P
Pytkowski: Thanks mate  :thumbsup:
Jmouse: Yes, it was more to just show people that I can do something not British if I try lol. Thanks and I'll show some more pics in the future.
Pat: Wow thank you my friend. It is my honour that you are a honoured lol. Thankfully we music teachers don't write people up as often  :thumbsup:

Thank you

TopCliff

I'd be afraid to go in that tunnel: looks like there's gonna be a rock slide any minute! Good work, and nice attempt at an out-of-focus effect for the cliffs.
Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.

Pat

If you are talking about that obelisk its a BLaM bat and its from Antoine, that one I can point out as I lotted it for him lol :D  or are you wondering about the seawalls by marrast?  OK off that topic and back on track here that is your newest update here Callbat...

I love the effects you are trying out here and I too cause of you have tried a few new effects in my MD but I like the way yours has come out!!!! The boulders over the tunnel I dunno about as that seems abit scary to me and I sure as heck wouldnt travel under that lol..... I would suggest just leaving that area alone personaly...  Overall again grand update and I cant wait to see more!!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

kbieniu7

Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

joncjon

Jmouse

Glad to see you trying out some different approaches, callbat. The ability to do so is what keeps the game interesting and sometimes produces stunning results. Hope you'll continue to pursue your interest in creating a Mediterranean corner in the Kingdom.

Until next time...
Joan

thundercrack83

Looking good, callbat! Your Mediterranean shots are just as nice as your English-looking ones, my friend!

Keep up the good work!

Dustin

bat

The coastline is looking very great there, callbat! Looking forward to more of that area! ;)

paroch

Hi Callbat,

I'm having a catch up with MDs today and see that I've not been here for ages - apols my friend.  I am assuming you were trying to recreate the Embankment with Cleopatra's Needle?

Be interesting to know if I'm right and I hope that you keep the London theme (I prefer it to the Med theme personally).

Paul

callbat

Hello Paul!

Thanks for commenting, yes I was trying to do Cleopatra's Needle but unfortunately I haven't had much time  &mmm

I will keep the London theme, the Med. theme was a bit of an experiment  ;D

I do hope you can bear with me whilst I get things sorted out  :D

In a few weeks the school semester ends and I won't teach for four weeks and hopefully that will leave more time for me to play some more SC4,

Thanks for commenting, I'll see you later  ;)

SgtJoeDes

Hello, going through your pages I have to say you realy did an awesome job with all those custom contents. May was your last post, I hope your comming back to show us more.

Cheers
SgtJoeDes