• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New RHW/NWM FLUP Models

Started by Dexter, September 10, 2011, 02:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kassarc16

Dexter, those look amazing! As others have said, on-slopes are definitely needed!

Quote from: Fresh Prince of SC4D on September 10, 2011, 09:31:02 PM
And the big dig project has offically become obsolete.

Well, less flexible, but more functional to be sure, and better looking to boot.

Rady

Dexter,

these are perfect additions to the NAM/NWM ... great work .. can't wait to have them in my cities!
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

MandelSoft

Bravo! The new set of tunnels are looking great too!
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Paul 999

Wow, the tunnels look very good! But I think it useful to also create tunnels that you must connect the subwaylines. In complex junctions, it is usually impossible to work with Flup's.

Again great job, I hope we do not have to wait for NAM 31 to use the tunnels  ;)

art128

excellent models there, good work! :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Glazert

Dexter, your skill and speed of production of these models are very impressive. Is there any chance that once these are made into working pieces and you have had plenty of rest, that you might consider producing diagonal (or even FAR) FLUP ramp pieces? The present FLUP connecting pieces allow for a lot of flexibility in direction between the ramps, as does RHW leading up to them but we have to wrench a turn to use the present orthogonal ramps.

I certainly look forward to using the pieces you have already produced, and I will be very grateful for them, but I can still dream.

Dexter

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I'll probably release these as road-to-subway coversion lots, (like the old Big Dig lots by Blahdy) before thinking about getting them working as FLUPs.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Not to sure on this, looks like a bit of a liability IMO with the extremely narrow lanes, considering even the 3 lane ARD ramp has barely enough clearance.

...and a couple of on-slope pieces, however I'm not sure I should keep the 15m depth, or change them for use with a 10m slope to match all the other FLUP ramps so they can be used together?

Plus these two as requested:

Why does one park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?

MandelSoft

Dexter, you're now officially awesome ;)

Paul 999

Quote...and a couple of on-slope pieces, however I'm not sure I should keep the 15m depth, or change them for use with a 10m slope to match all the other FLUP ramps so they can be used together?

I would go for 10m. The new RHW-10 tunnel is really cool! Good work!

Dexter

Here's how it looks in-game:

For some reason though, zooming out produces this horrible mis-alignment, not sure how to fix that  ()what()

-Matt

MandelSoft

* drools * :o

Wow! That looks great!

Girafe

Indeed, looks really good  &apls &apls

Do you plan to do more with european textures?
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Dexter

Being from the UK myself, I do intend to make EURO versions of everything, but TBH I'm not sure what the future plans are regarding euro textures with the RHW/NAM.

I did start "eurofying" the new NAM cosmetic textures a while ago, but I think I underestermated just how many textures there are  :o.  I don't currently have any plans to continue it though.

Ideally for the RHW, I'd personally like to see version of the 5.0 spec textures simply with the yellow inner-shoulder line replaced with a white one.

-Matt

Kuewr665

Quote from: Dexter on September 11, 2011, 07:21:17 AM
...and a couple of on-slope pieces, however I'm not sure I should keep the 15m depth, or change them for use with a 10m slope to match all the other FLUP ramps so they can be used together?
I would keep the 15 m on-slopes because those are the most common height for sunken overpasses or embankments.

noahclem

Wow, you're really on a roll with these! All of them are looking just great &apls

QuoteThanks for the feedback everyone, I'll probably release these as road-to-subway coversion lots, (like the old Big Dig lots by Blahdy) before thinking about getting them working as FLUPs.
That's probably not a bad idea as it's much easier, doesn't require a new NAM update to be released, and allows extra flexibility for situations when FLUP placement isn't possible. However, I hope you'll pursue a true FLUP version eventually.

Quote...and a couple of on-slope pieces, however I'm not sure I should keep the 15m depth, or change them for use with a 10m slope to match all the other FLUP ramps so they can be used together?
10 meters would be great  :thumbsup:

Keep up great work!

Ramona Brie

Very, very nice work! I would love to see these eventually made into real pieces.

Jayster

I would love to see some RHW on-slope pieces as well  ;D

Jayster

bat

ivo_su

Matt you never cease to enjoy me and  amazed me how well it may seem.  Where have you been up to  now the main issue? Too bad I do not have such rights they would otherwise  directly made ​​a member of the NAM team and Head of Department FLUP's.
I saw everything I need and my only thing left is to appear in the tunnels LEX or STEX. Too bad that can not be added to the upcoming release cycle. Oh that's not wait too long to obtain all of us with these tunnels and they function normally. Otherwise they would be advised to turn Maarten Euro textures, mainly because it deals with them and can help you with what you need. He would not refuse you - He is very responsive, and I see that he is your fan.

Cheers Mate
- Ivo

Kitsune

Quote from: noahclem on September 11, 2011, 09:52:51 AM
Wow, you're really on a roll with these! All of them are looking just great &apls

QuoteThanks for the feedback everyone, I'll probably release these as road-to-subway coversion lots, (like the old Big Dig lots by Blahdy) before thinking about getting them working as FLUPs.
That's probably not a bad idea as it's much easier, doesn't require a new NAM update to be released, and allows extra flexibility for situations when FLUP placement isn't possible. However, I hope you'll pursue a true FLUP version eventually.

10 meters would be great  :thumbsup:

Keep up great work!

I imagine the road / owr / rhw-2 won't be that hard because all you would have to do is replace the model. The new models would require new coding, but again, I wonder how much is simple copy-paste and modify a value or two.
~ NAM Team Member