• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Canal Addon Mod (CAN-AM)

Started by daeley, April 23, 2009, 11:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daeley

May we proudly present the latest offspring of the NAM: the Canal Addon Mod (CAN-AM, because 3-letter acronyms are running out).
This mod will make it possible to upgrade your eye-candy canals to fully functional transit waterways!

The first set contains a few puzzle pieces, based on SimGoober's canal set, of which a few pieces are shown here with euro-textures installed:

With these, you can make functional transit canals, that allow waterbus and freight traffic. The overpass pieces connect to road, oneway-road and avenue, so you can build like this:

or this:

And you can even make neighbor connections:

Finally, here's a little animation from a dedicated tester (can you guess who?) of how this looks ingame:

The CAN-AM, coming soon to a NAM near you!

Several ferry and freight terminals will be provided shortly after the first release.
1. Install SC4+RH
2. Install LEX (CD&DVD helps) and latest NAM + updates
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!

JoeST

wow, that is just AWESOME!!!
* JoeST bows down to the crazy-crazy-craziness that is the SC4 community

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Dark_Jedi06

Oh my, not something I think I would ever use but absolutely glorious and inventive nonetheless! &idea

The ingenuity of the SC4 community never ceases to amaze me. ;D ;D
...this space to be filled soon...

mightygoose

superb, again i would also probably never use this with that particular canal set, personal preference and all but truly stellar performance.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

mike3775

MAS71

Wow !! Really !?  :o
Oh my....that's great !!  &apls  &apls
Simgoober's canals will be a one of default of the world again. ;)

It seem to so unique that running a boat on the canal's water. :thumbsup:

Ryan B.

Wow.  That's great, guys.  Job well done all around.

Now I can re-create the Erie Canal in Orleans County!  :D

kj3400

So we thought up another "AM", eh?  &apls Kudos!  &apls
It looks great, I'll have to try it when it comes out.   :thumbsup:
I think I've been here long enough, call me Kenneth/Kenny.
Visit

The Commonwealth of Paradise at ST

The Commonwealth of Paradise at SC4 Wiki

mojosmarty08

metarvo

Way to go!  This is incredible, and I know I will use this, especially in urban areas.

:thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Orange_o_

The video finished me, it is brilliant  :o

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

art128

Oh my Gawd !!  :o :o :o It's incredible, you've done an excellent job on this ! &apls &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Meastro444

Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

Gaston

This is something I have always wanted to exist.      I can't wait.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

kimcar

&apls &apls Brillant work guys. Very well done

io_bg

That's awesome!!! &apls (I hope you'll make this for Cal's canals, too)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

nerdly_dood

I'm posting frm my PDA so i can't see the images (although i'm sure i could find a way to make them show up) but this seems like a very innovative new tool. I probably won't have much use for it sadly, but i always say that any new capability in the game is a great thing!

EDIT from computer: Now that i can see the images this is NOT BAD. I really must find out how the route-query shows up as freight trucks and buses, when the automata on the canals are clearly not freight trucks, but freighter barges and ferries. Have you somehow invented a new automata type or something?
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

DeatzoSeol

:O :O :O :O :O :O :O *drools* &apls &hlp

Pat

Hollllllllly ***** Wow that is amazing!!!!! I am truly awed at the CAN-AM........... BTW I wonder if that is a Barby magic animation???

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

CaptCity

What an absolutely marvelous idea... The creativity and genius of this community never ceases to amaze! I can see a grand return of canals to many cities.