• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Union Town, Nova Scotia, Canada.

Started by Soapy, May 06, 2007, 11:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Soapy that was a real great update there man awsome work i look forward to more - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

guurgkud

tremendous update!  :thumbsup:

Barrington Square looks amazing. I love the choice of Bats. Very realistic.

Looking forward to more!
]http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=7083.0]

Come discover its mysteries...
Tristania // Revisited

pickled_pig

Great stuff throughout the entire update, Soapy.  So It's in Nova Scotia - not New England, but cool anyway (I've never been to Canada and thus can't say much more).  The Barrington Square area looks amazingly livable - the type of place I'd live in RL.

-aaron

Yoder7652

well I really like what you've done so far...very nice city,  i look forward to what more you have in store for us!

Soapy

Welcome to update 4!
Thanks you all for your comments!  ;)

Also, I won the CJ of the month award over at theplanningpages!

The sims of Union Town celebrating!
A few hours before the fireworks, sims started to gather on a section of Main street that is closed for the show, this part of town is famous for high class restaurants and shopping outlets...

A road block...

The road block on the other End re-directing traffic around...

A helicoter goes over the crowed...

And you already saw the fireworks ;)
The road will be closed for the weekend for those party sims in the city, afterwards the road will open and all will be as it was...
I hope you enjoyed the update, here are two more pics of the city for you all :)
The hills of Union Town

Old buildings being destroyed so the can build larger appartment builgings for the growing population...

A thanks to those who voted for the CJ of the month award  :thumbsup:

Bye for now!
'till next update
Cheers, Soapy.
If your heart's a diamond, buddy, what's the price?

meinhosen

Great work, soapy!  I love the celebration... and the overviews of the town are good, too.
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

bat

congrats for that award!

wonderful pictures of the celebration :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

Congratulations on your award, Soapy! You definitely deserve it! I love the celebration in Union Town for your honor, too! It looks great! Keep up the good work!

Yoder7652

congrats on winning the award at theplanningpages, I really like the block party that Union Town is throwing...looks like a good time  :satisfied:

Pat

Hey soapy a well desevered congrats to you as this is well worth it  &apls
This update was something else how in the world did you pull off
closing that street, over hanging prop? I'm curiose.  - Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

guurgkud

Congrats on the award!  :thumbsup:
]http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=7083.0]

Come discover its mysteries...
Tristania // Revisited

Flipside

Wow, the fireworks shot was just astonishing!

And I loved the houses-on-the-hillside.

I'll be back - great MD so far and I'm sure it will continue to be.  :thumbsup:

dedgren

Soapy, hey- I'm a bit late here, but...

Welcome to SC4D MDing!- you've got a fine start going.  Good for you on the recognition you've received over at The Planning Pages- more work like what you've done so far and who knows what might happen.

Plus- Best. SC4. Fireworks. Pic. Ever.

Good Luck, my friend!  I'm sure future Union Town updates will be eagerly anticipated.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Equilibria

I'm loving the med-rise downtown area. I build those whenever I can, and I think they have a lot more character than a skyscraper forest. The el-rail line also looks very nice in those surroundings.

stewart_garden

Soapy,

I agree with one of the earlier comments - I really like how you have placed the El Rail.  I can rarely get it to look right in my cities but you have sown me it can be done.  Well done on a great start!

Stewart
First things first, but not necessarily in that order.

flame1396

Nice.....

your el rail work is above average!  :thumbsup:
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

Soapy

ahh! im falling behind in updates here!
sorry, I missed an update, must of just slipped my mind :-[ Its at ST and TPP if anyone is interested
Union Town
Update #6
A Mayors' Diary by soapy-tehsoapehone

Comment Replies:
meinhosen: haha thanks, I felt the need to put in an overveiw for some reason lol
bat: thanks for the comment!
thundercrack83: Lol thanks alot, Ill try to keep the updates comming  ::)
Yoder7652: much thanks, the party is once a year, you can catch it next year! lol
patfirefghtr: yeah, its just a lot I put together after the voting polls closed  :P
guurgkud: thanks alot!
Flipside: gah! as much as I hate working hill sides, im glad you liked it! thanks for the comment! :P
dedgren: hey, welcome! glad to hear you enjoy my MD, I hope I can keep it going! :P
Equilibria: I too much rather like mid-rise than massive skylines, thanks for commenting!
stewart_garden: wow, I never expected the el rail to be such a hit, its now a symbol of Union Town ;D thanks!
flame1396: haha, the el rail stricks again! thanks alot :P
Sól: thanks for commenting!

Now for the Update!

yes I will be using the new airport set for the terminal :P

Flights with in North America

Hope this update was worth the wait, sorry again
Bye for now!
'till next update
Cheers, Sopay.
If your heart's a diamond, buddy, what's the price?

stewart_garden

Definitely worth the wait Soapy!  Great to see activity here again, and nice to see a well-thought-out airport to a realistic scale.

Stewart
First things first, but not necessarily in that order.

dedgren

Very, very nice looking and well-laid out airport.  Five stars for this MD!  We'll be watching for the next update.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax