• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Boxed Buildings

Started by Senefelder, August 07, 2008, 08:51:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Senefelder

I've been playing for a week since I installed the basic properties such as NAM, CAM, Models, and so on

Then when the city grows up, I find that some of the buildings are boxed, truly, it's really disturbing!  :bomb:
Now my city (although I have only built 6 cities so far) has grown up very quick, and I get many skyscrapers building office
One of the boxed buildings is "ST HELEN", it comes up, but still in box!

How can I avoid them?

Also, when I installed from BSC exchange, sometimes after install some stuff, there will be some little tab and it's written that something's wrong, "reinstall", or "this is installed correctly". Then I picked the first one...

So, what should I do?

Thanks be4 :)

Diggis

OK, if you are getting brown boxes you don't have all the dependencies for the file.  You need to check what lots you have that show the brown box, and then check the readme for that lot and download all the dependencies.

Senefelder

Diggis

Yes, you are missing a file. You need to query the lot and find out what it is.  Then go and read the readme.  It will contain a list of files, and hopefully links, that will point you in the right direction for the missing files.

owlsinger

On the install issue........I get this with Vista about half the time. Just click the box that says 'This program installed correctly'. Vista just doesn't recognize the installer.   :D
'Luminous beings are we..'  - Yoda

'Hints of Gold'
by Jasmine Becket-Griffith

Senefelder

Ok, maybe I will install all the dependencies again....

I use windows vista, and play it in laptop, not PC....

I found the missing files
I though that all stuffs I downloaded can be ready to play as itself..
Then I realize, when I read the "readme" I found that some files which have to be downloaded from simtropolis

Can somebody help me the list, what should I download more (outside SC4Devotion.com) ?

Thanks... :)

Pinoy31

Does anybody know what dependencies I need for the Met Life Building?? keeps showing a  brown box,  but when i downloaded from STEX, it doesn't say what dependencies needed.

Swamper77

Quote from: Pinoy31 on October 03, 2008, 11:44:49 AM
Does anybody know what dependencies I need for the Met Life Building?? keeps showing a  brown box,  but when i downloaded from STEX, it doesn't say what dependencies needed.

You should ask your question about that building over at Simtropolis, as that is where you downloaded it from.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!