• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

I have problems with regions(downloaded) and SC4terraformer

Started by DarkChaos, October 07, 2008, 01:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkChaos

When I download regions from the LEX, I extract the files to the "C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\SimCity 4\Regions" folder, and they seem to be flat maps when I load them. why is that? and how to fix it?
and another question about the SC4terraformer, that I asked in new member's forum, is when I try opening SC4terraformer, I get error massage that says it can't open the DirectX, and I followed the directions in the Readme file, and the SC4terraformer still shows this massage(I have tried to install an updated DirectX, the SC4terraformer still won't work. T-T)

thank you   :thumbsup:

wouanagaine

Please list all d3dx9_*.dll you have in your windows/System32 folder

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

DarkChaos

• d3dx9_25.dll
  • d3dx9_27.dll
  • d3dx9_32.dll
I hope this is usefull

wouanagaine

So basically you don't have the needed one

The readme states you need D3DX9_30.dll !

please try to install from here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

as far as I know any version of dx 9c after April 2006 should install this dll. So far my system goes to D3DX9_38.dll using the August 2008 version, so my best guess his that you have not correctly installed it

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

DarkChaos

Thank you :D  &apls
oh... and what about the downloaded maps?(first question)

swat-medic

Quote from: DarkChaos on October 07, 2008, 03:42:54 PM
Thank you :D  &apls
oh... and what about the downloaded maps?(first question)

You need to install them.  There is a tutorial at the Omnibus (Simtropolis.com)

wouanagaine

Maps from the lex uually come with a readme explaining how to install them, please can you point the map you're referring ?

New Horizons Productions

Geronimo

Quote from read-me:

1. Create a new region folder in your Plugins\Region
2. Copy my config.bmp into the folder and overwrite the old one. (make changes to config.bmp file now if you want)
3. Open the new region you just created with SC4 Terraformer
4. Click on Import Image in the Global Tools Menu and browse for the my file Zaraki.SC4M
5. When file is imported click File - Save (the region is now saved to SC4 6. The colors of the region in SC4 will be the same colors as SC4TF until you enter and save each city tile. But you have the choice to do it as you go and not right away.
Start opening tiles!   ;)

DarkChaos

Thank you  &apls
I wasn't home for some time so I couldn't reply.
Oh... I have a problem with the Roundabout GRL stations and avenue GRL stations (http://www.sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=879 )
when I plop them they aren't traffic compatible(for some reason I don't see the GRL/road when I plopped them, and when I use the Extra Cheats DLL [drawpaths] I can see they aren't traffic compatible.)

thank you. and sorry for being a noob.