• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Updating the game

Started by Turambar1, November 01, 2008, 11:11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turambar1

Hello everyone,
I just got an new notebook. So I installed sc4 and tryed to update it.
But it just didn't work. I tryed 6 times. Allways the same result ea's update manager alwas says, that I'm not running the current version.  :angrymore:
Quote: "We have detected version 1.1.613.0 on your computer. The most current update for your game is version 1.1.638.0."
So I decided to manually update. Same result again.
While trying the manual download I noticed, that there are only the sku1 - sku5 upadtes left.
The main problem is, that i don't get nightlights.
Has anyone the same problem? May it be, that ea has taken some parts of the upate offline?

LoneRanger

If I remember correctly you need sc4update4bat to get to the latest and last version 1.1.640.0 in order to see nightlights on custom buildings.  ;)
It should be on the official site.

BarbyW

You can also obtain all the updates from the Support button at the top of the page.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Turambar1

Thanks for the fast support.
But it just won't work. I have succefully updated the game. But the nightlights won't show up.
I should mention, that my new notebook is running on vista. Home Premium, Service Pack one.
While reading the post in the forums I noticed, that this might be a problem.
But I haven't found a solution yet.
After checking the filelist I found out, that the update was not succsessfull. Also I downloaded the sku2 update manually from this page. After running the update a got the message, that the game was succsessfully updated. But this is wrong. there are still the old files the programm folder.  :thumbsdown:
Can anyone help?