• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sithlrd98

Thanks for the link! I'll mess with it later this evening and let you know if I've got the same problem!

Jayson

EDITCongrats, Jayson, on a return trip to Double-0 Club honors! -DE

metarvo

The new rail intersections I have seen today are FARR and away the highlight of my week.  Could these be the first FAR/R intersections that we get to use?  Nice work, David.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

carkid1998

The link  doesn't work for me??

EDITSee next post. -DE
Sendona... Coming soon!

dedgren

Since Wes (wes.janson) has indicated he also has a "persistent lot" problem with the 090425 upload of the TPW panes, I have replaced that upload with the current files from my plugins folder that will show up as 3RR-JRJ_Transparent_Ploppable_Water_Table_Beta_090504-01.zip when you DL it.  Out of an abundance of caution, even those these should be the same files, do not use the beta with the April date.

carkid1998- you probably tried to DL as I was changing the file.  I DL'd it just a minute ago to check it out, and it worked fine.  I've also updated the linkie in Jayson's post and in Part Four of the tutorial to point to the later file.

Sorry about any inconvenience- that's what betas are for.

Later.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

jacqulina

thanks david for the link

ldvger

David-

Just to let you know, I had much the same problem with the 9x12 PW tile.  I couldn't bulldoze it once it was plopped.  And, whenever I rotated my view, it would disappear until I clicked on the flyout menu icon.  I didn't have to re-plop the water, just click on the menu icon, then the water would re-appear in the rotated view.  Rotating back to the original orientation created the same effect. 

Lora/LD, off to a Mariner's game on her (shhhhh) 55th birthday (jeez I'm getting old!).

EDITLora, I'm just getting around to catching up on posts this morning- trial yesterday, and I was completely bagged out by the time I arrived home.  Happy birthday!  You've gained a year trying to catch up with me, but I don't think that will hold for too long.  Best wishes to you in the year ahead- may this be a year of coming back. -DE

wes.janson

Thanks for the update David. I'll check it out once I get home and get the kid to bed.

These have been really fun to play with and looks rather good (In my opinion) with Peg's new shoreline kit.

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

sithlrd98

OK,David...Finally got to test out the TPW , and since you updated since my last download , I re-downloaded and have:
3RR-JRJ_Transparent_Ploppable_Water_Table_Beta_090504-01

Please don't shoot me , but I think the problem with the TPW_9x12_V3 is the Occupant Size...0.100000,0.000000,0.100000. You've got the "Immortal Lot Syndrome"
The building is way too small for such a large lot , and I noticed that I was unable to demolish a group that was stacked , while some that were not could be demolished. (It did'nt matter what I did to the terrain , they were still there.)
I may be wrong , but I'd bet that's the problem.

Jayson

MandelSoft

By the way, we are almost hitting 300K views. We only need about 650 views. &hlp

EDIT: only 105 to go! 299,895 views already
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

mightygoose

it wont be wednesday david, i think we will hit 300k views sometime in the next 12 hours or so

EDIT: dang david i guess i wrong, although now there are only 32 views required as of 12:35 BST
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

nekseb

only 95 miss!  ;)

Wedneysday, 06. of May - 12:15 lunch time in Germany!
I don't need to know everything, I only need to know someone who knows!

letum aut libertas

MandelSoft

We crossed 300K views! 300,005 views on 13:15 GMT! Congratulations!

@nekseb: You are precisly 2 hours off your prediction.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

FrankU

Congratulations on 300.080 views!

Ehmm.... that reminds me.... I am the guy who did the best guess about the bordercrossing moment of 250.000 views.  Wasn't there some kind of reward? I am not used to ask for presents, but this was really a fine moment for me... Maybe that was prize enough in itself?

Korot

Well, I won the contest before that one and I don't remember getting my price. However David has been running behind for quite sometime. I think that if David would start now he might be finished before summer ends, the one of 2109 that is...

Greetings,
Korot

dragonshardz

Keep in mind that the last '00 honor post was made for post #2800. He probably has all the other honors stuff in the works.

vershner

Hi there, got a quick question...

Quite a while ago I stumbled across some posts showing the construction of the texture for the wide radius rail curves. Trouble is I didn't bookmark it and now I can't find it.
I'm guessing it's most likely to have been in 3RR. Would anyone happen to know where?

EDITLooking... looking... -DE

sithlrd98

wes.janson

Game water? We don't need no stinkin game water.

David.. have I told you how much I love this new TPW?

EDITWell, jeronij is pretty much the one to thank- he came up with the all important BAT that got things rolling.  I'm just the tech guy out in a cubicle in that metal building in the corner of the industrial park that takes creative stuff other people do and gets it into the game.  I can live with that.  btw, great pic! -DE

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

dedgren

I've had just a few minutes of computer time over the past couple of days- and I'm holding some other folks up as a result, so I'm working pretty much nonstop in the time I have on a few things like this...

...which is coming to a game near you in the imminent future.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

vershner

Quote from: sithlrd98 on May 06, 2009, 03:04:02 PM
Is this what you are looking for? Creating Smooth Curve Rail Textures
That's not the one I saw before, which was showing the long curve, but that looks interesting nevertheless. Cheers!

EDITHi, vershner!  Great to have you posting on 3RR.  I looked for something that I'd done rail texture tutorial-wise that was expanded beyond the one Jayson (sithlrd98) identified but was unsuccessful, despite the nagging sense that it's lurking out there somewhere and I just can't find it.  If you would give me a specific idea of what info you are looking for, I'd be glad to custom-build an explanation, to the extent that I would know something about it.  One thing I did find was a general "wide radius curve" assembly tutorial we did about two months (around 700 posts- stuff gets buried quick at 3RR) ago here [linkie].  Let me know how I can help. -DE