• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

buzzits power project

Started by Buzzit, August 10, 2010, 02:52:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MR.Y

fail...In Germany this Pylons haven't any 90° corners...I never had seen somethingh like this...an I have a high for you. Download you the semaphore-signals by the SFBT. The Pylons are doble high like these Signals...may it helps you...

Buzzit

comment answers
-Sciurus
thanks alot my friend :)

-io_bg
thanks for the comment ! ^^

-Fresh Prince of SC4D

Glad you like them so far FP :)

-Aaron Graham
thanks Aaron and you where right about the small break ;) it helped me out alot.  :)

-MR.Y
now im not trying to offend you or something but
just because you never seen it doesnt mean it doesnt exist ;)
even if they dont exist, don't forget that this is simcity not germany so i can add pylons all i want. you will never see switchpylons like that either.
the 90° pylon only adds new possibilities and ways that my other high voltage packs lacked.(trust me you will make use of its usefullness
and if your not pleased then you allways have the opportunity to start modeling yourself to your liking ;)

anyhow
it didnt worked out on my dads laptop either &mmm
but i still have 2 solution wich maybe able to fix this
1 - render only side of the wires (instead of  <<<</  \>>>> this <<<</  \  ) and render the other wires seperately.
2 render the wires in sigments (so i cut the wires into 2 pieces and render them that way)

i will reply again when i have any updates  :)
Buzzit

MR.Y

@buzzit: this endpylon isn`t so unrealistic, so look at this:
http://v5.cache3.c.bigcache.googleapis.com/static.panoramio.com/photos/original/48845610.jpg?redirect_counter=1 yours is just a little bit other, but principle it`s the same. But the 90° pylon don`t. So I don`t find it by google. And I think it is cause the cable comes too near the pylon. It is your set, so I don`t want to eliminate your idea of this pylon, but I could be, that you saw this in the netherlands an thought, this exist in germany, too.

metarvo

Well, I for one think it's a job well done, Buzzit.  :thumbsup:  90-degree angles do add flexibility, and yours looks like it fits into the set just fine.  I've already been rendering each circuit (usually a group of 3 or 6 wires) separately to cut down on errors and rendering waits and add to the modularity of my props.  This enables me to use only one circuit for a particular lot if so desired.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Buzzit

comment answers:

MR.Y
i know the end pylon is based on some RL pictures.
your substation picture indeed looks good. well im not done with the set just yet so i may be able to add this form aswell.
yeh it may not like the most prettiest pylon you have seen. But i did add for people who want and need 90 degree corners.
well i have seen it in many locations. i havent been in germany for a while but in about 2 weeks i will be there on a motorcycle tour with my dad and iw ill make alot of pylon pictures. if i spot one you will see it here.

Metarvo
its been a while metarvo! hows things going? hehe  :D
what a good idea that is! i renderd them at the circuit with the circuit count it needs. but that idea is really good accually! its also quite common in germany to see pylons wich are able to carry 2 circuits only carrying 1!
i will certainly impiment this in the future. :)
btw did you checked out my insulators? i hope you have a great idea about how i made them now
and don't forget if you want the model  just ask :)!

and offcourse!
UPDATE!
since i finally figured out to beat the annoying error 6 error i have been able to render and impliment the 45 degree corner pylons
and also the river crossing pylon :)

now i only have 2 pictures of those but i hope it gives you a clear view about them :)

the rivercrossing

a corner to the right with diagonal pylons:

btw i saw that the corners of 45 degree arent connection properly that well
now its not that bad that its like a meter away
but you can see its slightly off eachother.
do people really bother about this or not?
if not i will not rerender them.
cuz since the amount of time it takes i want to render as less as possible
2 renders takes about 10 hours.
if alot of people do bother this i will do it anyway. but it will take longer to release this set.

as i also need to wire the diagonal anchor and switch pylon.
but its fairely possible that this set will be released in about 2 weeks! :)

Buzzit

MR.Y

what...what is this for a skyscraper there with the cables? Should it be a pylon? A little bit too high, not? May I could take a photo of one here in the summer hollidays...

Buzzit

Quote from: MR.Y on July 11, 2011, 02:25:50 PM
what...what is this for a skyscraper there with the cables? Should it be a pylon? A little bit too high, not? May I could take a photo of one here in the summer hollidays...
lol?
to high?
its only 63.5 simmeters high(wich is the equivalent  of 127 meters in real life.)
the average high for river crossings is between 100 and 150 meters.
offcourse there are exceptions like the elbe crossings or the yangtze river crossing.
but this is the average for normal crossings.
trust me it aint that high as you might think it is.
its even slightly underscaled atm

Girafe

of course you are too high,

reduce twice I think...
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Buzzit

Quote from: Girafe on July 11, 2011, 03:03:04 PM
of course you are too high,

reduce twice I think...

you really think so? ()what()
its seriously just a normal high..  ()what()

just so show you check this out:

these pylons are as large as the eiffeltower!!!

i mean they have to cross rivers aye?
127M is seriously a normal heigh.

no offence.
but i'm not planning to decrease the high.

here another example:
this german pylon is only 82 meters high wich would mean that its 164 meters in simcity.
mine are 127 meters. are you still think they are to high?
i think some people understimate the size of high voltage pylons
note these are german pylons!

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Quote from: Buzzit on July 11, 2011, 02:13:21 PM
btw i saw that the corners of 45 degree arent connection properly that well
now its not that bad that its like a meter away
but you can see its slightly off eachother.
do people really bother about this or not?
if not i will not rerender them.
cuz since the amount of time it takes i want to render as less as possible
2 renders takes about 10 hours.
if alot of people do bother this i will do it anyway. but it will take longer to release this set.

as i also need to wire the diagonal anchor and switch pylon.
but its fairely possible that this set will be released in about 2 weeks! :)

Buzzit

First off, wow, good work. And yes please re-render, the wires look of off from each other. It may be how the wires are sloped, but we'll see what happens. Also the river crossing came out beautifully; the height is correct. Hope these will be released soon. Your doing a great service/favor to us buzzit, thank you.
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

MR.Y

oh, ok, I never had seen somethingh like this, and it looks if it will collapse soon, but I think the pictures you show convince me of the opposite.

ivo_su

I like how the power lines started to look especially at the higher of them, but I think it would be better if the poles themselves are colored in red and white. Also I do not know whether it is possible but I like special intention when the cables are black, not gray as in the game seem more realistic. I have similar lines but not use them for this reason and I'm extremely happy to replace them with realistic, to have black cables.

- Ivo

Rady

Buzzit, first of all - this is really great stuff you're modelling here!! Second, I saw (probably in you MD..?) some of your electrical-power-related buildings like transformers, switch stations (is it that what they are called in english?  ??? ).

Any chance you will release them, too? this would be a great addition to realistic scenes in sc4!

Cheers

Rady
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

Buzzit

Quote from: ivo_su on July 19, 2011, 11:22:26 AM
I like how the power lines started to look especially at the higher of them, but I think it would be better if the poles themselves are colored in red and white. Also I do not know whether it is possible but I like special intention when the cables are black, not gray as in the game seem more realistic. I have similar lines but not use them for this reason and I'm extremely happy to replace them with realistic, to have black cables.

- Ivo
hey thanks for the tips
only i focus alot on realism.
red and white pylons are accually a nice idea to add since these pylons are often used near airfields
i only have to figure out how to texture it that way. but its certainly worth looking into.
only if you see my older sets you see black wires. and imo black wires are  looking less good and less realistic. also from the farest zoom it looks a bit awfull. this problem is with the dark grey onces aswell but they are much less present as the black ones. thats the reason i changed colors :)

Quote from: Rady on July 19, 2011, 02:22:10 PM
Buzzit, first of all - this is really great stuff you're modelling here!! Second, I saw (probably in you MD..?) some of your electrical-power-related buildings like transformers, switch stations (is it that what they are called in english?  ??? ).

Any chance you will release them, too? this would be a great addition to realistic scenes in sc4!

Cheers

Rady
hey thanks for the compliment :)
hmm.. wich MD is that? because i didnt modeld anything like that yet(i will in the future ;)!)

anyways im finally fully recoverd from my illness.
today i started with rerendering of some towers and some other glitch fixing.
i also noticed that some structures are missing some struts(probably deleted them without noticing)
so that will take alot of time again.

but im working on full power again so everything should speed up now :)

Buzzit

Tomas Neto

Wow..., fantastic work!!!  You have built a highly realistic power lines!!!   &apls

Buzzit

@Tomas neto
thanks for the kind words :)

im making pretty good progress aswell almost half of the powerlines got the right texture now. when thats finished i only have to create one more substation type and it should be finished :)

supremec

I love your powerlines Buzzit &apls
They are fabulous and realistic  :thumbsup:
Click on the banner to see my BATs

Buzzit

@supremec:

thank you :)

3 days ago it was exacly when i first started batting. while rendering the new river crossing pylon i opend another bat and i played with one of the first models i ever created :)
i also made a comparison on how it looks now:

i never thought i would achieve this level of realism.. and i would never thought i would bring it in simcity!
and there more lines to come in the future!

its going really fast now with the german line and i expect it to be released within 2 weeks :)

Buzzit

kelis

.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Sciurus

I recognize there the frenchies pylons $%Grinno$%
I tried to take a photo of pylons along the autoroute, near Metz. Maybe I can send these ones to you for inspiration? ;)

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *