• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Lexington County

Started by amapper, August 30, 2007, 05:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amapper

Brief summary of the latest update: Update 26: Windsor is booming!... Click the red link to see the latest regional update.

That's it for now. I should have an update in few days. See you then.

Pat

Wow a great start here amapper i love it... where did you get those buildings in the last pic at the basin of the dam...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

amapper

Quote from: patfirefghtr on August 30, 2007, 05:34:37 PM
Wow a great start here amapper i love it... where did you get those buildings in the last pic at the basin of the dam...

Thanks for the 1st reply! They are as follows: Newman Inc Water Company, Large Water Tower Set by  simgoober, Industry Pipeline Set by  1357924680. The two industrial buildings I'll have to get back to you on as I can't remember their names.

M4346

Wow! Great start and a gorgeous dam!  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Starmanw402007

Everything on those photos looks great. Keep Up the great work

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

thundercrack83

Great start here, my friend! I love the hydro dam especially! I'll be looking forward to following along here!

bat

That's a wonderful start!! Great work on the region! :thumbsup:

rooker1

Great start.....the dam looks perfect and very realistic.  Can't wait to see what you have for us next.

Robin   ()stsfd()
Call me Robin, please.

Pavle

Nice start. I like the region view and the dam. ;)
by Pavle...

szymcar

Wow! That lake is extremely big. Great job man. It's very good start.

pickled_pig

Considering it's mostly Maxis buildings, wow.  The custom content you do use is very well-used; the dam, especially, is impressive. 

The industrial areas are extremely realistic.  I typically find industrial hard to make realistic, so great work there!

-aaron

Schulmanator

A great start indeed! I am eager to see this one develop. The hydro dam looks very nice. This is a MD to watch!  :thumbsup:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

amapper

Replies:

patfirefghtr - Thanks for stopping by, hope you found the buildings your looking for.
M4346 - Thank you, glad you like.
Starmanw402007 - I think I tend not to do enough close-up photos so I am trying to do that more.
thundercrack83 - I'm honored by your visit. Thanks for the encouragement.
bat - Hi bat, thanks for the visit.
rooker1 - Here is a little quickie for now.
Pavle - I like to do dams. They add to a region.
szymcar - Thanks. It took a while to build!
pickled_pig - You'll notice the industrial area is mostly custom content. You'll see more popping up elsewhere.
Schulmanator - Hey, nice to see so many friends for other sites here. (I'm rewright elsewhere)

Update 1:

bat

Wonderful new looking pictures! Great first update! :thumbsup:

paroch

Nice city growing there.

I like the new housing near the bypass.  Nice road lay outs with space to breathe.  I struggle to resist the temptation to fill in every gap, so well done.

Pavle

Beautiful pics! I love the shopping and industrial area. Everything is nice ;)
The only thing I don't like are the trees. I hate those original maxis ones :P

by Pavle...

pickled_pig

Lexington Town Center and the surrounding suburbia's very impressive.  I like how you group sprawl into subdevelopments, just like RL.  It reminds me a lot of the suburbs twenty or so miles outside of Charlotte - there's so much open space yet all the houses in the subdevelopments are crammed into 1/4 acre lots.

-aaron

amapper

Replies:

bat - Thank you! Hope to have a larger one tomorrow.
paroch - Welcome! Funny you should mention the temptation to fill in every space. I do that all the time. Seems like I start a region with the intent of keeping things spaced better like in real cities but slowly I revert to type! Some areas should be tightly packed like downtowns and such, but much of todays communities are more spread out.
Pavle - Thanks for the comments. Yes, the Maxis trees can be somewhat monotonous, which is why I've interspaced with some of jeronij's trees. Sometimes I use the default grouping which includes a nice variety.
pickled_pig - It's the same here in Charleston, SC, though there is quite a bit of "in-fill" going on now.

Update 2:

Pat

yes i did amapper and im reworking my dam pic lol...  I loved this update it was perfect i loved the last pic of farmington... - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

pickled_pig

I imagine you're going to show us development of the airport access road over time, from how you set up update 2.  Great approach there - I believe you did that a lot on your ST CJs and it made them memorable.

I like how the airport's way out of town as opposed to right in the city or suburbs.  It's pretty accurate considering the direction of modern development - outward.

See you around
-aaron