• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Translation request for Cogeo's RTMT

Started by RippleJet, July 18, 2007, 01:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

Quote from: RippleJet on July 26, 2007, 03:31:44 PM
Now I only need to compile all these translations into one singe dat file for cogeo :)

...on the other hand, now that you have all translations conveniently packaged as individual DAT files, it's probably easier to leave them that way. ;)
Andreas

RippleJet

True, but that's up to cogeo, how he wants to package them ;)
Each language file is about 9 kB and the big one, with 15 languages and 690 LTEXT files is 115 kB :)

ussagus

Quote from: RippleJet on July 26, 2007, 03:38:44 PM
It won't... already done...
But there's still one missing... the Spanish one!

Almost done... :thumbsup:

Saludos

ExiLe

wow, this is so cool! people are really helpful around here.  &apls
Anyways can't wait to see the end product!

take care,
...coming soon

ussagus

Done, I did it...with a little help of Jeronij (I needed help to translate lightrail).. :thumbsup:
And now...what I do?

Saludos !!

Andreas

Here is an updated Italian language file, where some captions were fixed by my buddy. :)
Andreas

Ennedi

Quote from: ussagus on July 27, 2007, 07:18:22 PM
Done, I did it...with a little help of Jeronij (I needed help to translate lightrail).. :thumbsup:
And now...what I do?

Saludos !!

Don't know how to upload the zip file? Click "+Additional Options" below the message window to the left and attach the zip to the message  :)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

cogeo

ussagus, have you sent the translated file to RippleJet? (I don't see it attached to any thread).

I have just received a Spanish translation btw, by AcE-cOdEr from ST (he's the one who made the translation for the original set). In this translation Light Rail is translated as Metro Ligero and Avenue/GLR as Avenida/GLR. We can use this version (unless our Spanish friends here have a different opinion) or somehow merge them.

RippleJet

I haven't received anything from Ussagus yet.
I'll wait till I receive something from him before comparing the two Spanish versions.
If there are any differences, I'll get post them here ;)

ussagus

RippleJet,...I sent you the zip-file to your Email

Saludos

RippleJet

Thank you! :thumbsup:
I'll take a look at them tonight. ;)

RippleJet

The two Spanish versions have one major difference.

What should the GLR be called in Spanish, Metro Ligero ("light metro") or Tranvía ("tram")?

I am inclined to choose the Tranvía, but I would appreciate some input from the Spanish speaking community. :)

Andreas

For the German version of the NAM, I translated "GLR" as "Straßenbahn" (Tram), and I also told my Italian buddy to use this term. "GLR" sounds a bit too technical after all, it's just the term that got stuck since the very first version of the mod.
Andreas

RippleJet

Quote from: Andreas on August 01, 2007, 09:21:29 AM
For the German version of the NAM, I translated "GLR" as "Straßenbahn" (Tram), and I also told my Italian buddy to use this term.

And I did the same in Swedish (spårvagn) and Finnish (raitiovaunu) as well. :thumbsup:

ussagus

Straßenbahn in spanish.....it's "tranvía"

Saludos

RippleJet

I think I'm going to stick with your translation, ussagus ;)

RippleJet

All 15 translations (690 LTEXT files) are packed into one dat-file and attached to this post.

Cogeo, if you want all 15 translations as separate files as well, just let me know. :thumbsup:

Before uploading the RTMT V4(?) I would suggest that you let those who made the translations test it first.
In particular dmscopio's test would be valuable, since I'm not sure about which offset number is for traditional chinese, and which one is for simplified chinese. :-\

Ennedi

Quote from: Andreas on August 01, 2007, 09:21:29 AM
For the German version of the NAM, I translated "GLR" as "Straßenbahn" (Tram), and I also told my Italian buddy to use this term.

And I did the same in Polish (tramwaj)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

cogeo

I have attached an evaluation version of the updated RTMT files (V3.50) - sorry for breaking the file in three parts, this is due to filesize limitations. These are the (almost) final versions, though the file date/times may change - also the prop arrangement on the lots and/or the station capacitites may change. So please use these for testing/reviews/evaluation ONLY.

To install this, select only one file of each type (the documentation in the RTMT pack explains the procedure in detail), or use the installer version on the STEX and then replace the updated files. The busstop, subway, bus-sign, timetable and phonebooth props haven't changed. No GLR shelter props have been included, so you won't see a GLR prop on the GLR-in-Avenue stations.

If you already have an RTMTV3 installation, better backup the whole RTMTV3 folder (copy it under a backup folder, out of your Plugins folder, eg under your Desktop or the Documents folder - it will be easier to revert to the previous version this way), and replace the updated files (add the two plugins for the GLR-in-Avenue stations too). Your existing stations should not be affected (these were not changed anyway). I would suggest not to use these stations for normal playing (use only in test-cities, or backed-up regions), as some (minor) changes may take place.

Please PM me (or post here) if you have any question, problem, or suggestion.

<Attachments removed>

RippleJet

Great, Cogeo! :thumbsup:

I will be away for the weekend, but I will test them next week, and hopefully get Swedish names and descriptions for them all. ::)
I hope everybody else interested would test them as well. Especially people who do not have an English version of SC4. :)

PS.
You can attach up to four files in the same post. ;)