• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Decision Board (Turn 19 Decisions Needed!)

Started by nedalezz, July 31, 2011, 05:04:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nedalezz

Hey peter007! Welcome back! I stopped update the Player Factbook - instead, Im giving links to the updated ledger every turn. You can check it at the end of each update post, or at the bottom of the Player Factbook thread :)

nemanjanv7

Hi, nice update ;)

Unfortunately I couldn't see my new store on those pictures  &mmm

Here are my decisions for TURN 12: I would like to max out buying products again (although I would like to know the average profit that I gain per every invested dollar in those goods. I know its not fixed because you calculate it your own way but I don't want to invest if I will keep losing cash)

Adella wishes to invest $18.480 in my store (buying up products). What is the penalty for her not being a trader? I hope she can invest since we are a family after all...

- I take part in The Dunya Project Thumbs up for Nedalezz :)
- Favorite MD: The Winding River Project

Nemanya

rjet13

Looks like I'll just continue paying of my loan and "stay in school".  How far along on my schooling am I, anyways?

nedalezz

rjet13: Martin is will complete his 6th of 8 turns during Turn 11 - Turn 14 will be his first with an Education Level of 1 (and his salary doubles :) )

nemajanv7: Your first turn was Turn 11 - the store takes a turn to complete construction (6 months). So we started constructing it during Turn 11 and it will be ready Turn 12. Your desicions from before were made as if they were going to be in Turn 11 - As for your wife investing in your store, deals between players is totally up to one another :) Ill put it as a loan from your wife. There wont be any penalty since you can use the money to do whatever you wish with it, in this case, buying up goods. As for your Turn 12 decisions, lets wait for Turn 12! :)

Check the updated Information Sheet for more information on your characters! Can everyone get to it alright?

Cyclone1001

I would like to know how much land costs, and where I could buy it. I'm looking for a place near the outskirts of town, close to the water. Any information would be helpful, as I'm hoping to make a good investment.

adelanv7

Ok, I'll give cash to nemanya's store  :P.
No interest :)

$18.840

nedalezz

Cyclone1001: Generally, anywhere around the CBD and and its surroundings, the land can range from $1,200 a plot to $1,500 a plot. There isnt any land available in the CBD itself anymore, except private land, and private owners set their own prices.

There is land available on Main Street to the south of town and to the north of town - those go for $1,000 a plot. The south of Rawa'a has turned in a residential neighborhood, while the north is relatively undeveloped still.

adelanv7: Noted! But as I said on the discussion board, Turn 11 was the first turn were imports exceeded selling. I have my own formula to work out how much each store will sell, and I guess its pretty accurate to real life :)

Cyclone1001

How large is a plot of land? I'm guessing 1x1, but correct me if I'm wrong.
Anyways, I'd like 4 plots of land to the north of Rawa'a. Along Main Street would be best.

nedalezz

Cyclone1001, if you look at the overview shot (the last picture) of the last update, you'll see to the north of the picture a 2x2 land on Main Street, 2 houses down from the dirt road that is Hope Lane. It is in between a house under construction, and the houses just after Hope Lane. 27 Main Street - congratulations!

nemanjanv7

Quoteadelanv7: Noted! But as I said on the discussion board, Turn 11 was the first turn were imports exceeded selling. I have my own formula to work out how much each store will sell, and I guess its pretty accurate to real life :)

Well we are not buying full. just my inventory of 14.165 and here part of 18.480. that is 33.645/50.000. I hope I would make profit. otherwise it would appear that it's much more profitable to own a stall for 1.000  &mmm .

Nemanya

nedalezz

The $50,000 is the max. of inventory you can fit in your showroom :)

What Im talking about is selling. I have a formula Ive devised that basically calculates retail sales for the town, taking into account several factors. In previous turns, the imports (supply) was exceeded by the demand, but Turn 11 represented the first time that the opposite was true.

What happens now is the factors go into play. For example, if you order $50,000 worth of goods, you might end up selling $30,000. So you'll have $20,000 worth of inventory carried over to the next turn.

The following turn, instead of ordering $30,000, you could go for $10,000 and try to sell $30,000 worth of inventory as you did the previous turn. Keep in mind, change is constant! Areas could boom and areas could also go bust - commercial land value plays a part, along with several other factors Ive listed before.

Im trying to keep this as realistic as possible! :)

As for stalls, they can only be used to sell Life Neccessity products, which have a mark up of 25% as opposed to 40% of Luxury products :)

Exla357

I think I'll put my land up for sale, for 19,200. At this point, Terrell thinks he made the wrong descision about the farm; the payoff isn't proportional to the work, he says. If you want, he is willing to sell you the entire company (Terrell Farms&Trading CO) for 20,000. That includes the stand and the fields.

nedalezz

If no RL character takes the deal, the government will gladly pay the said amount to buy back the land before next turn :)

nemanjanv7

Nice offer. I would like to buy Terrell property for $20.000. That means Adella will not buy items for my store (18.000), but invest in his land. As for the rest. I will give him $4.000 the first turn I have available money. That would be in turn 12 or 13. Deal?

Nemanya

Exla357

A pleasure doing business with you, nemanjanv7!

nedalezz

Just one thing of note:

The stand is on its own 1x1 land away from the 4x4 land of the fields. Is that part of the deal or no?

Exla357

I assume that because I said the 20000 would cover the land AND the stand, his offer for 20000 meant that. I mean, what am I gonna do with a stand and nothing to sell  :D

nemanjanv7

"he is willing to sell you the entire company (Terrell Farms&Trading CO) for 20,000."

Yup, everything is in the deal, I even gave him 2k more because I didn't have all the money atm. Of course Adella is buying this land and it will be under her name. I hope this investment will pay off in near future.

Just to be sure, here is the picture of the property I am buying. And can someone tell me how to link pictures to text, so I don't take so many space on forums in future?

Nemanya

Cyclone1001

(url=*place image url here*)*place desired text here*(/url)

Replace the ( with a [

nemanjanv7

Thanks Cyclone ;)

Ok Ned, I need to ask you some questions now. I've just looked into my finances.

Since Adella is acquiring a 4x4 farm and I (Nemanya) a stall from Nick, I was wondering  what will be the expenses from these businesses. I will not get penalty for that stall, right (trader)? And how is farm and that stall linked? Do I just transfer vegetables (or fruit, not sure what I just bought ;P) from farm to stall and then sell them? And how much money will I get in return (In normal conditions)

I need to know it in order to make my Break even analysis. Before those farms I needed to buy $21.050 worth of goods just to stay in black (that is without bonuses and demand penalties)

Nemanya