• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mightygooses Lot Editing Adventures.....

Started by mightygoose, May 02, 2007, 05:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightygoose

well i decided the other week to start a new region, one of oriental theme but with that masterplanned feel of contemporary designs for the future. i also intend to merge in some european elements of style and architecture. to maintain conformity i decide don certain things that would remain similiar throught the region, such as downtown pavemet texture and grass colour, also tree, bin, bench, lampost, etc stuff should be generic... thus my trials and tribulations with the LE began, here is my progress so far.

more images to come
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

mightygoose

jeronij

I like these slums  :thumbsup: ....  can you show us some more pics, piece by piece.... ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

metasmurf

The slum lots are amazing. Will you release them in this thread?

mightygoose

well i shouldnt really have shown these slum lots but i liked them so much i had to show them off. they are part of the low wealth section of the BLaM FBP. (futurist bat project) lots of developement work has been occuring since its conception nearly 9 months ago... now some real progress is being made into producing stuff. in this photo are relotted examples of things already available on the stex. here can be seen BLaM cellphone mast, BLaM FBP shanty pack 1 (which incidentally was released independently because people wanted some slum housing) BLaM grimey grimes recycling, BLaM dirks illicit still, plus gas station 2050 and ruined building by creator. the shanty packs will consist of six packs in total. so far the biggest lot so far is 3x3... by pack six it will be around 10x10. whats new. well there will be new rubble and ruin props, new base and overlay textures, new shanty buildings, all props, and the FBP sidewalk texture mod. toget rid of clutter on the sidewalks, ebina's no dead end barrier mod was used, as was swamper77's unidensity avenue mod, unidensity street and road extension (this gets rid of grass on the sidewalks) and the no r$$$ palm mod. these will form the optimum FBP sidewalk setup. anyway enough about that.. ill have some more pics soon...

plus the CAM has made our modders lives 10 times easier... and now means alot of the stuff we hae been preparing can be growable...

plus i forgot to mention we are looking for guest batters to make landmarks, just to get abit of artist variation going on...

BarbyW

Quoteplus the CAM has made our modders lives 10 times easier... and now means alot of the stuff we hae been preparing can be growable...
Not sure what you mean by this. Everything was always able to be growable. The CAM just extends the stages of the lots not the size.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

mightygoose

yes but it makes it easier for someone to grow a building with 20k jobs, as it will be part of the normal demand progression due to your demand enhancing parts, yes it was possible to grow a 20k building before, but it mean bulldozing other type matched buildings to artificially cause a demand spike....

jeronij

I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Badsim

Hi mighty ,

Firstly , isn't it fascinating and disturbing to LIKE some slum Lots ?
I like them ... unfortunately . I like them but I will not desire to get them , as my purpose is rather to give paradise a chance to be at least virtual . $%Grinno$%
BUT ... whatever my purposes and thoughts about humanity accepting to see itself living in such places , I can enjoy the work and your progress ... &apls

You gained a karma point today ... publicly there " For have had the great idea , one day , to open LotEditor" . ;D

So , keep it up !

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

barnatom

Hey Mightygoose

Those slums are looking very good. Very well put together. May I ask where you got the props you used for them?

Thomas

Zaphod

good idea

the tiled pavement, did you make it or is it in a pack somewhere
War Kittens !?

mightygoose

Quote from: barnatom on May 11, 2007, 05:59:31 PM
Hey Mightygoose

Those slums are looking very good. Very well put together. May I ask where you got the props you used for them?

Thomas

all the props are maxis :P

Quote from: Zaphod on May 11, 2007, 08:05:17 PM
good idea

the tiled pavement, did you make it or is it in a pack somewhere

it is personal use only for the moment.