• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SNT - V. 2.0 available for download!

Started by Akallan, June 25, 2017, 01:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manga rivotra

You are fast ! Great job again  :thumbsup:

mattb325

Great to see these coming along so nicely.  &apls It's an insane amount of work  :o

Akallan

Hello,

Thank you for all your comments. It's been a long time since I did anything about the SNT, it's time to fix it! ;)

*Click for full size: 3870x2200*

My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

Simmer2

Hello Akallan.

Looking at the cars I can see they are actual props (the shadow gave it away).
That is one painstaking undertaking, having to place everything by hand....wow dude awesome  &apls

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

huzman

Akallan: I spent a good hour looking at these shots. Truly beautiful. Thanks for sharing.  :thumbsup:
« Essayez d'apprendre quelque chose sur tout et tout sur quelque chose. »
             « Try to learn something about everything and everything about something »
                          « Trata de aprender algo sobre todo y todo sobre algo »
                                                                                                    — Thomas Henry Huxley

mattb325

It's looking amazing! It must have taken some doing to get all those pictures together (not to mention all of the pieces!!!)  :thumbsup:

Akallan

Hello, thank you for your comments! :)

Simmer2: You have the eye! :D
huzman: Thank you for taking all this time to see the details! It was a pleasure. :)
mattb325: This is the first time that I made a mosaic height more width (usually I only do height as in Phoenix Project). But it was less complicated than I thought and this allows to have a detailed overview on a single image. :)

Tonight, there are no beautiful city images, only the raw textures of the ARD-3 network. The network will be finished soon, it took me a lot of time (really a lot), because it is asymmetrical and each texture is doubled or tripled, you will understand better when I have published the list of textures soon.

This is the worst network I've done, today I'm happy to have done it but at first I did not realize the extent of the work ... And it very quickly tired me! When this texture network is finished, I estimate that there will be about 500 different textures (against about 300 textures for the largest network completed for now, the M03). /wrrd%&

See you soon! :squirrel:

*Click for full size*

My CJ :

PaPa-J

These look outstanding!  &apls

500 textures!  WOW!  That's a lot of work.  Thanks for all you do.  :thumbsup:
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

Akallan

Thank you PaPa-J for your comment!
To be a little more precise, there are exactly 507 textures! Sorry for the bad word game, but this network should be called "Hard-3" and not "ARD-3"! It's finally over, I'm happy to be able to move on. I still have 5 textures sets to do (OWR-3, SAM2, SAM7, SAM8, SAM11) and I can finally publish the mod on exchanges. Here is the list of textures of the newly completed network, the ARD-3:

*Very big picture (1730x14500), click for full size*
My CJ :

Themistokles

I can't start to imagine the time this project must have taken you, but it will be a blessing to all of us to prefer to lot our cities from beginning to end :bnn:
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Akallan

Themistokles : A lot of time, but I'm more on the end than the beginning, it's a good sign!  ;D

I noticed that there was a line of textures missing from the ARD-3 list above, so I'm adding it here. I also take advantage to put the difference between the textures of the SNT and those of the NAM and Maxis. See you soon!

*Click for full size*

My CJ :

Akallan

Hello,

I finished the OWR-3 network (code N14). Here is the list of textures in image below. I will now do SAM 2, 7, 8 and 11 when they are finished the SNT will be released the exchanges, finally! The diagonals will come in version 2.0 of the SNT. See you soon! :)

My CJ :

PaPa-J

Awesome work, can't wait for the release.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

Akallan

PaPa-J : I think it takes between 2 to 4 months of work before seeing the SNT on the exchanges, I hope you'll be able to wait until then! :)

In recent times, I have fun creating scenes with the textures of SNT. It was complicated to make scenes with my textures before that, but today I created so many textures that it became easy to make scenes. Here is an overview $%Grinno$% (I will publish again the next days):

My CJ :

Akallan

Good evening,

Today I have a little problem that slowed down my work. In itself, nothing serious but since yesterday the thumbnail of my images are no longer displayed in the folder "Images". Instead of seeing a thumbnail with an image of my texture, I have instead of this a symbolic image that represents the format JPEG, PNG, etc ... Here is a small explanation clearer in photo:

The line from above, the vignette is good. But the bottom line is not good, I have this symbolic vignette representing the format of the image.
I did research on the internet, but none until now allowed me to solve my problem. I did some cleaning of the disk, defragment the disk, search virus (you never know), several manipulations in the files, but nothing worked...

I also checked that the "Toujours afficher des icônes, jamais des miniatures" box (Always show icons, never thumbnails) was disabled.

I'm a little short of idea, someone knows where the problem can come from?
Lately, I rooted my cellphone, I installed the Flashtool software on my PC. Can this have an influence?

Thank you in advance.
My CJ :

rivit

Which version of Windows are you using?

Windows10 (and I'm pretty sure all Windows versions) allows for icons or thumbnails in a view of a given folder - and it usually automatic - if its an image it will show the thumbail in icon views.

It is worth checking this -  another system performance setting affecting thumbnails - but for safety don't click any links on this web page.
https://www.thewindowsclub.com/thumbnail-previews-not-showing-windows

and make sure that File Associations (Default programs) are correct for images.

I suggest you try this out on a test folder, after checking the above
- Copy some images which need thumbnails to that folder then view in explorer

if the thumbnails in the test folder are OK ( they get made anew) then its possible the thumbnail cache has been affected in some way for your Images folder.

The cache is stored at %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer as a number of files with the label thumbcache_xxx.db (numbered by size); as well as an index used to find thumbnails in each sized database.

You may need to kill the thumcacheb128.db off (your road tiles are all 128x128) to be able to generate the correct thumbnails again, but only do this as a last resort.

Akallan

Hello rivit,

Thank you for your help, I have done all the manipulations you have proposed but to no avail. I am on Windows 7.

I also tried to delete the cache files, but nothing changed. The cache files returned automatically after erasing them and my thumbnails did not change either.
A small precision that I forgot to bring on the previous post: among the thousands of images that I have in the folder "Images" (those of the SNT and private images), some correctly display the thumbnail ( a very small percentage). ???
My CJ :

rivit

Well Akallan,

I'm now stumped - do all images in other folders (ie not "Images") display a thumbnail?

And how many images are in "Images"? - perhaps some limit has been hit?

Andreas

This sounds a bit strange alright. If Windows is acting up for some reason, you can also use a program like XNView (Freeware), which displays thumbnails and stores them in its own cache.
Andreas

Akallan

rivit : I did the manipulations, but it did not change anything ... I have 5'800 image files for 2.88 GB.

Andreas : I tried the software, it works properly. Thank you for help! I would still like to fix the problem.
My CJ :