• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSlark

Great post on collaboration, David. With no offense intended to sc4luv2, it is very important to make sure these are known by all who participate.

And congratulations on 40,000 views, its a very impressive milestone. And lets not forget to mention that we're well on the way to 2,100 comments...

Cheers,
Kevin

dedgren

I'm in and right back out.  I have a local business's Halloween party to put in an appearance at.  In the meantime, I thought you might get a kick out of this.

Just look at it a sec (you might have to enlarge it depending on the size of your monitor).

It's all, as Pat sez', good.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

sc4luv2

dedgren, i think that this atlas is on fire!!  :o topo and map, in one!
[

Pat

David that is wicked.... WoW great job on that!!!!  SO what did you go as this year??? A plaintiff  :D

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Jmouse

St. Elmo's, Hot Springs - how appropriate for a fiery update!

Until next time...
Joan

calibanX

Quote from: dedgren on October 31, 2007, 07:46:13 AM
Wow!  At 3:15 p.m. GMT today, the page view odometer rolled past 40K.

Kinda, er... scary, isn't it?

...after all, it is Halloween...

David

Scary? Can't imagine what you're referring to. Women don't wear their hair red in Alaska?

Congratulations.
Caliban
Where City and Country Flow Together

M4346

Quote from: calibanX on November 01, 2007, 12:33:50 AM
Scary? Can't imagine what you're referring to. Women don't wear their hair red in Alaska?

I believe he is referring to the 40 000th page view. ;)

On another note...

O M G! That map / those maps are incredible! :shocked2:

&apls &apls
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Shadow Assassin

The map's great!

St Elmo's Hot Springs?

Something to do with St Elmo's Fire? :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

ExiLe

Looks Amaaaazing! great work on that map!

take care,
...coming soon

FrankU

Aaaaaaaaaaaaarghhhh.....    :o

By the time you think you are getting used to the perfect, and begin to feel comfortable with it, David has had an hour off and improved on it even more.
Is this going to end? And if, when and where? &hlp

&apls  &apls  &apls  &apls  &apls  &apls  &apls

dedgren

St. Elmo is one of my favorite places in the whole world.

I was last there about 30 years ago.

I remember it like it was yesterday...

Later.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Bishop Hawke

Great Maps  &apls 

As I keep coming back to Three Rivers I am amazed on how much it improves with each entry. Not only on David's part (Even though he has the biggest part in it.), but of the inputs from many of you others readers. Who have possed enlighting questions and aswell came up with some very intriging answers.

Congrats David on rolling the 40k  and now for the drum roll of post 2100 coming up soon.

Keep posting those great idea's folks. Even if david may not think they go quite well with "Three Rivers". Someone out there just might say, "Hey, thats just what I was looking for!"

&apls &apls &apls &apls 

dragonshardz

Whoa, 2100 sneaking up on us already?!! Man, the 3RR Honors Registry gets farther and farther behind doesn't it? congrats on 40k veiws and congrats to whomever gets the 2100!

sc4luv2

Oooh, preety perfect picture and cool map St. Elmos looks very scenic.
[

bat

Really great work on your maps there, David! :thumbsup:

dedgren

Coming up on 20% of the Atlas maps posted.  Here's the most recent.

You can see the work to date here [linkie].

I'm also coming up, as an aside, on 300 pages of ImageShack content.  You are welcome to troll through the almost 3,600 pics there by clicking here [linkie].

As a shameless plug, my experience with ImageShack to date has been almost perfect.  Occasionally one of its pic servers will go on the fritz, but I have no complaints- it's a free service, uploading is quick and easy, and the folks who run the place seem to be actively trying to add value to what is provided.  I'd recommend using it to host your pics without reservation.

Later.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Pat

ooooh my david that is that something else 300 pgs at imageshack, gezzs photobucket would have throw a fit by now... Thank god for unlimited storage at Imageshack..... Yes shameless plugs for them... That Topo Looks great and i bet that only took you about 5 seconds to do it to...  :D ;D just kiddin.... see you soon my friend - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

meinhosen

lol, the posting almost seems to have stalled out a bit now that we're approaching 2100 replies.  I'd wait, too, if I had the time... since I know that David hands out what some would term "mad props" (everyone else says "a hearty congratulations and a landmark named after you"  :P) to the lucky 3RR follower who hits a milestone.  But all that aside I'll just be content with reply #2098 and the satisfaction of telling the man responsible that he's continuing his tradition of excellent maps and that I'm going to miss following the region once I fly to warmer and more dangerous regions of the world.
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

BigSlark

All right, as the holder of two "00" honors, I feel that I should propel 3RR up to 2100...

David,

I, too, love the Colorado Rockies. There is something about them that isn't there in the ranges farther north or south. My favorite road in the world is Muddy Creek Pass Road between Steamboat Springs, Yampa Valley, and Coalmont, in the North Park. The natural beauty and emptiness of the area is second to none that I have ever seen. I can only imagine what Alaska is like...

As for the Atlas, I'm ashamed to say that there are townships that I do not recognize and have to check the main map of 3RR to figure out where they are. I'm looking forward to the rest!

Cheers,
Kevin