• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Source- 2/9: I'm Back! + A Teaser (of course...)

Started by dsrwhat316, August 04, 2008, 02:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CasperVg

QuoteBut being one of the biggest teaser on SC4D (along with Casper)
Hehe...  :D

The new teaser looks great, I can't wait to see more.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

rooker1

Any teaser is way better than nothing at all, especially when it shows the amount of work and details that you add.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Simpson

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

dsrwhat316

Simpson: I, too, like that one best because of all the lots made for that shot was time consuming, but was very rewarding in the end. Thanks, my friend!
Sheep49: Hmm... "cute and sweet"; that's a new one! Thanks much for your comment, Piotr!
art128: Thanks, my friend; glad you like!
warconstruct: Thanks for the nice compliment  :thumbsup:
squidi: Thanks, Paul; it means a lot coming from you  :thumbsup:!
sithlrd98: Glad you like the residentials, Jayson, because there will be plenty of them in this update!
south park: Thank you, my friend!
Simpson: Thanks!
art128: Thanks again, Arthur!
Grneyes: Thanks for the nice comment, MaryBeth!
warconstruct: Glad you like the teaser pic, my friend!
paroch: There are actually nine pics for each of those mosaics. Imagine my headaches trying to get everything to line up perfect; if a car is cut off in a pic, I get rid of it and take another until it is done right (a science I haven't yet perfected  :P). I notice your little "shameless plug" there; I'll keep that in mind for future lots  ;). I enjoyed reading your comment(s), Paul!
thundercrack83: Thanks, Dustin, for the promotion! I only hope I don't disappoint!
Simpson: Thank you very much!
art128: Thanks, Arthur, for the congrats  :thumbsup:!
rooker1: Thanks, Robin! I'm not sure what to do with that avenue, I've kinda hit a block in that area. Glad to read your comment!
bat: Thanks, my friend, for your praise!
flame1396: I, too, do that as well with my time in the forums. I don't comment in MDs as often as I did before; only when I see something out of the ordinary, I make a comment. Thanks for dropping by!
caspervg: Thanks; I doubt I'll have the great success you had in OSITM!
nova vesfalo: Ah, a fan of greenery; glad you like my style!
FrankU: I'm glad you think so; thanks!
paroch: Thanks for your congrats, Paul! I hope I don't disappoint...
Pat: Thanks much, Pat!
sebes: Nice to see you back! I'm happy I was put in OSITM, although I was surprised that only two MDs were picked. Thanks for reading!
flame1396: Thanks!
Pat: Thanks, Pat; your wait is now over!
bat: Thank you, my friend! Sadly, the update will be short, but I hope to add more very soon!
caspervg: Heh, glad you caught that one  :thumbsup: Thanks for your praise!
rooker1: Good to here that you value quality over quantity, Robin. This update (or lack thereof) will be an example of that!
art128: Thanks for your continued support, Arthur!
Simpson: Thank you, too, my friend!

Whew, finally finished those replies  :satisfied:! Now let's get on with...

Update 8- Quality Control

Yep, unfortunately, this is it for tonight. I had to redo certain areas several times, so they are not quite ready for showcasing just yet. I hope this'll suffice for now!

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

rooker1

Very nice update, but you know what....One thing bothers me and you are not the first one to do it and that's a sunken transit network beside a canal.  Something about that just doesn't make sense to me.  ::)  ;) But what you have done looks very good none the less.
I always enjoy stoppin by here.
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

metarvo

I thought that I might stop by, since I like what I have seen of your work so far. :thumbsup:  That highway does look good, Dan.  However, I'm afraid Robin may be right on this one.  If it rains, and the canal floods...  that highway has "flood plain" written on it.

On a brighter note, your textures continue to please. :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

sithlrd98

Great update! Just how long does it take you to do the Re-size trick with all of these?

Jayson

CasperVg

Quality control? Do you really think we need to control your quality? This teaser, and your works in general, are plain awesomeness. Nothing more to be said.  :thumbsup:  ;D
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Sheep49

Goodmorning, quality control's here. We have to control the quality o...

OMG! It's so beautiful! I love it! :o :thumbsup:

Errr... Yeah, right... Well, I think that your MD has passed this control successfully ;)

Congratulations!
Piotr
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

Simpson

Wow Dan.. this is absolutly splendid  &apls
Your city look realistic, great work my friend  ::)
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

sebes

The city is absolutely fantastic - you get all the details right.  :satisfied: I realy love how the brick pavement is seen in all corners, and the bends in the roads and railroads make it very natural. Good job Dan!
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

bat

That mosaic is looking fantastic!!! Great work on this part of your wonderful city!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Earth quake

dsrwhat316

Teaser
Thanks for the feedback, guys! We'll call that highway a "design blunder" by Tyne's city planners  ;) Now for today's teaser:

I had a minor glitch with the resizing textures when this pic was taken, but that isn't the focus here. I finally got around to creating custom construction site lots for Tyne. Also, thanks again to squidi, I was able to add props to the inner part of the avenue curve.

Till the next update (or teaser!)...

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

Sheep49

Great teaser, Dan! Can't wait for more, though :P
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

Simpson

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Earth quake