• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Picture Competition

Started by Masochist, March 26, 2007, 01:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vester

My vote goes to mattb325

2-2 tie

XiahouDun

Very creative shot Mattb325, definately gets my vote.

3-2 Mattb325 leading.
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

threestooges

Now this may seem strange coming from me, but I'm going to vote for Mattb's pic. I know I have said I'm not a fan of photoshop for the pic competition, it is done here for a specific purpose, and is quite well done. The perspective does seem to be a bit off (feels like we're looking more vertically than we probably should, if that makes sense). The city itself looks good too. That is what really makes this pic work.

Bat's pic is, as I mentioned before, very well done and a nice combination of the old and new. It is well laid out (and the bridge works well there) but again, those little round flower things look a bit odd. A few more around the pic might help them fit a bit better, but that is just my opinion. It is a great pic.

My vote goes to MattB325.

MattB325: 5 4 (edit: whoops. Thanks The_Hutt.)
bat: 2

The_Hutt

I'm not giving any consideration at all to the plane. It's a gimmick that I've seen before, and it essentially turns this into a contest to see who can do the best photoshopping. Matt's picture, ignoring the plane, is simply outclassed by bat's rural scene.

threestooges score count is incorrect. With my vote for bat the score becomes:

MattB325 - 4
bat - 3

Earth quake

MattB325: excellet work MattB325, It's a impressive pictures. I like the plane in your pictures.  &apls
Bat:Great rural pictures, excellent work, but I prefer MattB325 pictures.

My vote goes to MattB325

MattB325-6
Bat-3

The_Hutt

No, the score is 5-3. Please, make sure that the score you're posting is accurate.

MattB325 - 5
bat - 3

threestooges

The_Hutt beat me to the score correction (my bad) so...

Bringing over the pics:

MattB325: Minutes to Land

bat:

The score still stands at:

MattB325: 5
bat: 3

Simpson

I really love Bat's pic and MattB325
Bat, I love how you use the RRP at you use it very good  :thumbsup:
Mattb325, Your pic is very good and your city look superb but I think You make to much fotoshoping
So I vote for Bat
Bat 4
Mattb325 5

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

catty

I like the picture of Bat's cow field, but I prefer the view thru the plane window, so the score is:

MattB325: 6
bat: 4

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Diggis

Wow, banking hard!  But great effect.

MattB: 7
Bat:4

stewart_garden

Great idea through the plane window - it wins it for me - I especially like the attention to detail: blurring the edges of the window.

MattB325: 8
bat: 4
First things first, but not necessarily in that order.

girlfromverona

Quote from: The_Hutt on June 23, 2008, 10:37:49 PMI'm not giving any consideration at all to the plane. It's a gimmick that I've seen before.

Hmm, I had that idea a few weeks ago while on a plane, but hadn't got around to trying it out. And here I was thinking I was being all original... heehee.

Anyway, these are both really good pics, but this time I'm going to go with bat's lovely rural shot.

MattB325 - 8
bat - 5

etherian

I wouldn't call it a gimmick, because essentially it still takes some skill and effort to pull off something like mattb325's entry. Although I think it makes it hard for me to actually vote for it because it seems to distract from the spirit of this competition (my humble interpretation of it, of course :P) It has added a specific and dramatic element that is not actually part of the game, while I don't think we should stifle creativity, I think Minutes to Land does not really belong in this thread. But on the pure merits of the image, the quality has been lowered by the stretching to accommodate the perspective, it looks like a nice enough city though, suburbs, high rises and greenery.

A nice rural entry from bat, good placements of the flora and rocks, the little bridge makes a nice anchor for the image, and lots of cows to milk :P The only real criticism I have is rather abstract, the scene is lacking some "kick", although there is activity from the livestock and the running water, it still doesn't seem to fulfill the "WOW" factor that I associate with this competition. Perhaps it is the composition of the image, I seem to be more interested in knowing where that dirt path start or ends, or the people who owns this place - do you sort of understand what I mean?

Anyway, onto the vote.

On these points, my vote goes to bat

MattB325 - 8
bat - 6

mattb325 leading by 2 votes
Typographia - Type as Cities" border="0

Types as Cities | Now Showing: Lucida

derwilly

I like the effort put into MattB325's photoshopping, but the SC4 content shown in the picture is rather ordinary. I agree that the use of the picture enhancement programs should not influence our votes.

Besides, those cows are too cute... my vote goes to them

MattB325 - 8
bat - 7
Indonesia: land of smiles, home of chaos, nation of disorder. My favorite place on Earth!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66788325@N00/collections/72157600071762388/

tcx

I vote for BAT, a very nice farm field.

MattB325 - 8
bat - 8

rooker1

Hmmm....I like Matt's idea of looking out the plane window.  A nice turn from the norm and the city looks really good as well.
bat's picture is a really nice farm scene, everything is perfectly laid out.

I think I will vote bat this time, although very though as both pics are great.   &apls &apls

bat - 9
MattB325 - 8

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Kitsune

I'm voting for Matt b325. At first I was a little disliking Matts pic, but it really really grew on me, and that is perspective second to none.

So its...

9-9 ...
~ NAM Team Member

warszawa

I'm also voting for MattB325 as the picture is so effective yet realistic :)

MattB325 - 10
Bat - 9

Matts' the winner! :D
Visit my Warsaw, Poland MD.

Simpson

Lol I am the next with this pic:

:)

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

CasperVg

Mattb325: Same comment.
Simpson: Lovely picture, it's a shame that the black (for example the road) is really black, the grid shows and some zoning appears.

I start off with a vote to Matt
1 - 0
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube