• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

High Speed Rail Project (HSRP)

Started by Jonathan, August 19, 2007, 02:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palpatine001

Nice work there Warrior Indeed, very realistic.

Are you going to do concrete or steel support columns just out of interest?
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

Andreas

Sweet! Will you take care of the brightened road textures, or let ebina do his magic on them?
Andreas

thundercrack83

Wonderful job, Warrior! Absolutely wonderful job!

Jonathan

Hi, thanks for the replies.
Everything will be the same as the original mod so the supports will be those bluey things I dont know if they are metal concrete or something else.
If ebina wants to do his magic he can otherwise I can change them, but I would probably have to include his textures in the HSR dat?

And what does TBH mean btw?

-Jonathan

Andreas

Andreas

Jonathan

Update 3.0

Now the diagonal Road, OWR and Rail under Straight HSR are complete and are almost perfectly stable.
Some pics will follow this post shortly, either tonight or tomorrow. I think I have worked out a way to have the darkened texture if the user already has ebinas modd and if they dont it will appear like it is now in the last pic.

I now have two monitors and have installed word so it should be even quicker to make more RULs with the extra space and the handy find and replace tool.

EDIT: Here is the icon, preview (Thanks Tarkus for helping me out on that) and updated puzzle piece

Then here is a few of the combinations of underpasses. Any combination of Street,Road,OWR,Rail, and a few of Avenue and Highway, will work without reverting back to monorail.
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa230/warriorST/Feb5.jpg

Starmanw402007

That update is awesome Warrior, Keep Up the great work! &apls
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

prince1142003

Looking good so far! Amazing work!

I noticed on the pic that the HSRP over diagonal heavy rail has black areas around the rail. The HSRP over diagonal road has sidewalk-type areas around the road too. Are these intentional?

thundercrack83

Wonderful progress, Warrior! You're doing a fine job, my friend! Keep it up!

Tarkus

Jonathan, this is looking absolutely fantastic here.  You've really done some excellent work here. :thumbsup:  I'm glad I could help with the preview model. :)

-Alex (Tarkus)

Jonathan

Update 3.1

Thanks for all the great support, glad to know I'm wanted around here ;)
Quote from: prince1142003 on February 19, 2008, 06:06:18 PM
Looking good so far! Amazing work!

I noticed on the pic that the HSRP over diagonal heavy rail has black areas around the rail. The HSRP over diagonal road has sidewalk-type areas around the road too. Are these intentional?
All fixed up:

Diggis

Sorry, just a thought with the road under elrail etc, it appears that you are using models, not textures for the base.  Is there a reason for this?

Jonathan

Quote from: Diggis on February 20, 2008, 01:47:10 AM
Sorry, just a thought with the road under elrail etc, it appears that you are using models, not textures for the base.  Is there a reason for this?
Yes because it isn't possible to use textures in this case. The lighter than the rest of the network problem will be sorted if you have the Overpass Update mod in you plugins.

Diggis

But why can't you use a texture?  What about if you did it through a T21?

Jonathan

If I did do it through a T21, which I cant do anyway, It would still be a flat, square model.
The reason you cant use a texture is that monorail and HSR is a 3d network and it is not possible to put a texture and a 3D model on the same square at the same time, if I did use a texture there would be no HSR above it.

Diggis

Jonathan

Update 4.0
Now HSR is compatible with the SAM and RHW.
The SAM underpasses are puzzle pieces, also a Straight Filler and Diagonal Filler (first to pieces in the pic) have been added, though they should only be used when absolutley neccessary.

While the RHW-2 and RHW-4 are draggable underpasses.

The SAM set 1 (parking lots) don't have an underpass puzzle piece and RHW-6 and MIS dont have underpasses either.
Also a Straight Filler and Diagonal Filler have been added, though they should ony be used when absolutley neccessary.

The diagonal HSR x Straight HSR has been added: (EDIT: This looks a bit puzzle pieceish but it is fully draggable)

And here is the diagonal Avenue and Highway:

I'm going back to school on monday, So I obviously won't be able to spend as much time on HSR as I have in the past, which was half term :), but I'll probably spend most of my freetime on it anyway, so updates should come nearly as often.

Hope you liked the update, Next update is hopefully HSR diagonal overpasses (yay)

-Jonathan

rickmastfan67

Great update. :thumbsup:

Don't forget to also talk to Alex and get the correct texture ID for the darkened RHW-2/4 pieces that are used for under overpasses. ;)

But dude, compress those JPG images some. :P  An 418x336 image shouldn't have to be over 400Kb. ;)  If you had compressed it some, that image should have been around 30-50Kb.  Same with the other four saving you file space and bandwidth. ;)
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Diggis

Look great, although you need to download Andreas' updated version of the asphalt textures to get rid of the grass down the side of it.

Andreas

Great update indeed! The only thing that bugs me a bit is that the monorail supports look a bit weak for the HSR models, but I suppose this can be changed. ;)
Andreas