• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

High Speed Rail Project (HSRP)

Started by Jonathan, August 19, 2007, 02:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cogeo

Quote from: Warrior on March 30, 2008, 08:46:21 AM
What if a base set was included in the first beta (providing even that is ready in time) So there are no branches, just orth, diagonal basic crossing (if any) and then transitions?
I think a minimal base set should include the straight one and the branches - these are absolutely essential as both GHSR and conventional track needs to connect to them. You may even omit "basic crossing" (provided that tracks will diverge a few tiles off the station), but branches are absolutely necessary, otherwise how will different types of track connect to? Take as an example the Avenue/GLR puzzle pieces, without the "connectors" they are unusable.

There should probably be a slight visual difference between normal rail and and the dual network?
Dunno, I guess someone has to post a few pics.

We could add monorail paths to the whole MAXIS rail network and modify the simulator(which shouldn't be too much of a problem) this way HSR trains can run on rail without having to spend money and time redrawing rail.
This is a radically different approach, and I don't know how much work this can be, or how good it is technically.

Moved to be part of the Traffic Switch Entry Cost - Discussion Thread  -JP

sithlrd98

I'm sorry to break up the conversation , but I just wanted to say this project looks great!
BTW Warrior , love the avatar...one of the best episodes!

bwatterud

We could add monorail paths to the whole MAXIS rail network and modify the simulator(which shouldn't be too much of a problem) this way HSR trains can run on rail without having to spend money and time redrawing rail.

I'm pretty sure that's what olasz was doing when he was working on HSR on Rail (could be wrong). 

Jonathan

Quote from: sithlrd98 on March 30, 2008, 09:08:39 AM
I'm sorry to break up the conversation , but I just wanted to say this project looks great!
BTW Warrior , love the avatar...one of the best episodes!
Defeinately agree i have seen all of them and that one is hilarious. (That Golf ball went far far far...)

Yes I remember Olasz doing that, Unfortunately he stopped.

memo

Quote from: bwatterud on March 30, 2008, 10:49:11 AM
I'm pretty sure that's what olasz was doing when he was working on HSR on Rail (could be wrong). 
Quote from: Warrior on March 30, 2008, 01:55:17 PM
Yes I remember Olasz doing that, Unfortunately he stopped.

Yes, because it didn't work properly, unfortunately. I tested it myself. Probably, I still have his files, if you want to try it yourself, I can send them to you.

memo

Files are in the DevEx now. I don't remember exactly what the problem was, but I think the HSR could not use the rail tracks although the value of monorail on rails was changed in the traffic exemplar. However, it did partly work for monorails, if we changed the speed of cars on rails which is actually really strange. Nonetheless, there were still some weird problems with the query tool, but I don't exactly remember that anymore. Maybe the picture you saw was just showing HSR-automata on rail tracks, but that's rather visual, not functional.

jplumbley

A little cleanup has been done here.  Eventually the Striked Out portions and posts will be removed to keep the HSRP Thread on topic.

Here is the link to the new thread where the Traffic Switch Entry Cost should be further discussed:

Traffic Switch Entry Cost - Discussion Thread

Now, lets get back to Warrior's awesome work on the HSRP.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

JoeST

LOL, you could just have split the topic around those posts.... much the same as merging threads but the opposite

and I cant wait to get back on topic and see some of Jon's AWESOME updates :)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

jplumbley

Quote from: star.torturer on March 31, 2008, 11:38:46 AM
LOL, you could just have split the topic around those posts.... much the same as merging threads but the opposite

and I cant wait to get back on topic and see some of Jon's AWESOME updates :)

Joe

Unfortunately, a few of the posts had two topics, one for the HSRP and one for the Traffic Switch Entry Cost... So, those posts would need to be re-posted in the form of quotes and would have been placed out of order when I reposted them.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

cogeo

And two of my posts, the first post in this page and the second last in the previous page were striked-out too, but these weren't off-topic, instead I was posting some ideas about some GHSR-rail track (nothing to do with the Transit Switch Cost). I think they should be restored.

Jonathan

About time for an update, I think.
The Shadows aren't properly sorted out yet, but they will be.
Hope you like it. :)

The Ramp is updated so that it connects properly to GHSR:

These are all the GHSR puzzle pieces:
With the GHSR S-Curve at the bottom

2 different Onslope pieces: Click on the picture to get rid of the writing

And some brand new pieces:

CasperVg

Looks great! Count on me as a user of the (G)HSR once it's released. The ElRail/Monorail over HSR look great aswell.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Andreas

Great work, the ramp looks excellent now (apart from the shadows ;) ). I'm predicting that the HSRP will gain a great public interest, and hopefully, some BATters are already drafting new stations. Be sure to post some previews with the Shinkansen train skin, then the Japanese BATters will pick it up in no time.  :thumbsup:
Andreas

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Jonathan

Thanks for the comments :)

All the shadows have been added correctly, the HSR diagonal pylons are being worked, and all the paths are added correctly and are functioning.

Also A GHSR bridge has been sneaked in. So it is all pretty much ready.

Alfred.Jones

Any chance of a preview of the GHSR bridge or are you going to be mean? :P

Sim City 4 Devotion

JoeST

WOW, bridges too? mmmmmmmmmm

I have to say I have all respect for you Jonathon, what your doing here is great :)

:thumbsup: to you

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Jonathan

Mean?!? When am I mean??   ;D

You probably won't have long till you see it you self, but it is just a lowered version of the HSR bridge, I'll get a picture of it anyway an post it.

EDIT: Thanks Joe, it is good to see you around here again. ;)

Alfred.Jones

So it will be realsed soon? That is awesome!

Sim City 4 Devotion