• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

High Speed Rail Project (HSRP)

Started by Jonathan, August 19, 2007, 02:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olasz

allan_kuan1992

I look at the images with concern. It doesn't appear to be working too well... instead it seems like if the sims are jumping between two sections of HSR.

- Allan Kuan

Jonathan

Olasz, that's true about the normal Rail not using HSR lines and opposite, thanks for pointing it out.
Of course it will require more testing, like as to why the jumping occurs. Is it possible that we can only have monorail on rail, not rail on monorail? I'm thinking it might be something to do with the Network Hierarchy.

Jonathan

plunderer

HSR catenary completed. (GHSR not yet)

vershner

Hey they look great, nice job!

btw. What should I do with the textures?  Post them all here? Or I could email the dat, or the images to someone?

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

choco

new textures and cats..... :P  HSR is getting a nice makeover!

ehbk2006

Hmm, the new Switch3 gantry fits perfect yes.  :thumbsup:
My BAT Showcase: ehbk2006's traffic BAT's
My sketchup models on the 3d warehouse.
[RDY]: Veolia - Coal hopper + E189

plunderer

Quote from: ehbk2006 on May 19, 2009, 04:36:37 AM
Hmm, the new Switch3 gantry fits perfect yes.  :thumbsup:

thank you very much for custom catenary  props  :thumbsup:

tamorr

Looking better every time I come to this post... Love the new additions..
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."

ehbk2006

I was thinking, maybe some random placed signals would be nice.

How about these signals (blue yellow triangles) from the French LGV's:

More information.

If there's any interest in these signals I will create them.  ;)
My BAT Showcase: ehbk2006's traffic BAT's
My sketchup models on the 3d warehouse.
[RDY]: Veolia - Coal hopper + E189

WC_EEND

I like anything that adds more realism
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

tamorr

For me it is not realism that I like but how something looks and I'd say adding the signs would probably make it even more different than the regular rails. That means I wouldn't mind em' added as they look nice, but yeah no so much frequency as you said, low frequency. Don't want them over running the HSRs, so separted at intervals would be fine in my opinion...
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."

plunderer

HSR & GHSR catenary mod completed, include many kind of HSR & GHSR bridges

io_bg

Oh my God! :o Will these be ready for download soon?
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Jonathan

Please try not to kill me plunderer,
I had kind of decided to (at least try to) do a different IID scheme, the current one is based off the monorail IIDs so it is unflexible, and I've begun to realise the more pieces are going to be needed (quite a lot actually) but if changing the IIDs will make too much work for you changing T21s, then can you show me what fields need to be changed to change what piece the T21 shows up on.

But they look stunning, just some wires would be exceptional (the old HSRP had wires, only didn't show up on flipped pieces, but you are so good at T21s that I bet you could fix that :) )

Sorry I missed your post Vershner, I'll edit it back here soon.
btw, in plunderer's picture of the switch the rails aren't matched up exactly(barely noticeable), is it possible to fix it without too much change?

Jonathan

plunderer

HSR & GHSR using T21 exemplar not too much, if need change, I can complete in 3 days  ;D
I have no idea about the wires, but if has suitable  wires props, I can try that.
if necessary  for new HSR, I can send a copy of my t21s to you.

darraghf

Great progress with this project all of you guys. I can't wait to be able to use it in my game!
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

vershner

Quote from: Jonathan on May 21, 2009, 01:24:42 PM
Sorry I missed your post Vershner, I'll edit it back here soon.
btw, in plunderer's picture of the switch the rails aren't matched up exactly(barely noticeable), is it possible to fix it without too much change?
I've been trying to tweak it, but it's never going to look perfect. The corner texture isn't really a smooth curve. It's made up from a number of straight sections, and when it meets the switch it's at the wrong angle and size. The original texture didn't line up perfectly on the diagonal switch either.  I'll keep working on it though.
The good thing is it's only really noticeable at the maximum zoom level.

dragonshardz

plunderer: are the catenary props T21'd to normal DTR? And do you have plans to T21 catenary props for STR as well? Because that'd be just awesome!