• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

High Speed Rail Project (HSRP)

Started by Jonathan, August 19, 2007, 02:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plunderer

Quote from: dragonshardz on May 21, 2009, 11:50:02 PM
plunderer: are the catenary props T21'd to normal DTR? And do you have plans to T21 catenary props for STR as well? Because that'd be just awesome!
I had uploaded the Rail Catenaries Mod to STEX:
http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=21200

but that using old Cantanery-props, I'll upload ehbk2006's new NL-Special-Cantanery-props (HD version) couple days later
you can view what difference of old props and HD props in this topic:
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6316.0

just_a_guy

Wow! I really like the new models. I can't wait to be able to use these.

I just think the GHSR dosen't very realistic. I've never seen ground rail with concrete protection barriers on the sides. I think it should be a bit more like the normal rail (just for the sides though). But that's just an observation of mine.

Other than that everything is amazingly good. (I especially like the bridges ;D)
Come and check out my BATting works at:

Just_a_Guy's attempts at BATing

Jonathan

A tiny update, I've finished my first draft on the HSR draggable IID scheme,and right now the aim is to add around 190 new pieces (well variations of existing pieces, so no new textures are required), that is if I don't lose the will to live while RULing them, but there are 5 pieces that must be added that will allow the curves and switches closer together (not as close as normal Rail or monorail though) The other 185 are for networks going under curves.

Vershner, can you upload the textures in png form (the 256 and 128 forms if you can) in a zip to a file hoster like Mediafire.com ? and PM me the link?

Jonathan

cogeo

I would like to raise another point... again. I think a real catenary (wire) would be possible. Some ideas:
- The wire has to be quite thick 0.25 to 0.30m, otherwise it wouldn't appear ingame.
- It should also be part of the networks models, not a prop, to follow the ground elevations changes exactly, just like the track does (the game "bends" it properly if needed).
- The poles must be props, otherwise they wouln't look right on sloped terrain. A small (pseudo) catenary can be added to the prop model - the wire itself can be a straight (well, curved on turns) line, that simple!

ehbk2006

My BAT Showcase: ehbk2006's traffic BAT's
My sketchup models on the 3d warehouse.
[RDY]: Veolia - Coal hopper + E189

cogeo

ehbk2006, thanks for the link. Hadn't seen that.

Still, smoncrie mentions T21s, and this rather implies "props" (obviously with the "Orient To Slope" property set to true). I was talking about something different, ie make the wire model part of the HSR/GHSR model, not a prop; this could deliver different results maybe. I think it's worth a try.

tamorr

Those signals look nice... I think you did a great job in making them... Those will be well suited addition to the look of HSR, I like em'. :thumbsup:
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."

vershner

I was just thinking... Is it realistic to have people commuting via HSR?

I think in general people use HSR for commerce (meetings, events, etc), visiting friends/relatives, and tourism. Therefore, would it be better for the HSR stations to function as airports?

mightygoose

well the HSRL in kent is about to start an ashford to london 37 minute commute service... so its pretty realistic.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

totof0306

I have been trying to put this piece in my HSR/GHSR-Network but it doesn't match! Either the HSR is broken or the GHSR is.  ???
Some time ago I saw a download which wasn't reachable; the file might be defect.
Does anybody know if a current version of it is disponible?

Thanks forward for help/info.  :thumbsup:

dragonshardz

What piece?

Also, if you can't get to the downloads on the LEX, it may be because you haven't registered for it. LEX access requires a separate login, as not everyone who downloads from the LEX wants an account on the forums.

totof0306

thanks for advice but I'm a "regular" member of LEX - so that should not be the problem...
My question is concerning the piece that should enable HSR to drive over GHSR - [/font]like a HSR/GHSR overpass. If you still do not understand, let me know and I will attach a pic in next post. ::)

allan_kuan1992

I don't mean to bug you people for an answer, but no one ever followed up on my question from way back:

Quote from: allan_kuan1992 on May 14, 2009, 10:37:47 PM
can someone change that unwieldy support column there? It just looks odd and too sci-fi.

Now... having looked at the BTM mod (which was made originally by a few Japanese creators for the same purpose) there are some new columns that Plunderer made at the BTM thread at Simtropolis, and those look really modern and realistic with the times. Is it possible if we switch from the current sci-fi columns to that one? I kind of wonder how the two will look afterward but it's something worth a try.

BTW if you want a link to Simtropolis to see and try the columns:
http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=124&threadid=106534&STARTPAGE=3&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear (Next post has better links.)

- Allan Kuan

Jonathan

I can't see any new columns in that thread, there are ones with different textures?
The problem with switching to thosse is the cateneries are part of the column, so on curves and switches you'd get poles sticking throught the track. They couldbe modified though to fit the HSR.

Jonathan

straha

I have searched for a HSRP automata generator and have not had any luck.  It's quite possible that I just simply didn't see it, but I would love to have one so I can see my trains more often.  Has one been made, and if not, would anyone be willing and able to make one?
- Straha, the Bard of Hackney

plunderer

Quote from: straha on June 04, 2009, 07:58:51 AM
I have searched for a HSRP automata generator and have not had any luck.  It's quite possible that I just simply didn't see it, but I would love to have one so I can see my trains more often.  Has one been made, and if not, would anyone be willing and able to make one?
I'd made some railway automata generator,
the image in my topic  http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6316.0  all automata generated by each railway automata generator

I can give you the HSR automata generator, but the lot looks so simple, I made it just for path testing  :P

straha

Awesome!  That would work for me!  Since you posted that pic, what are all of the things in your menu there?  They look interesting :)

I would love to have automata generators for all the trains.  I'm assuming that the plopped lot is the HSR generator?  Running the lot through LE, and just changing texture and props shouldn't break the lot should it?

Thank you for all the work you have done on the Rail Project.  It is amazing!
- Straha, the Bard of Hackney

darraghf

Great. I've always wanted generators for rails
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

plunderer

the menu icon are some generators for:

HSR (BTM, Monotrain)

In-game freight train & passenger train, from SW77 Train Generators http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=975
but I  modified both to transit lot, and needn't dependency

fourth and following icon are some generators for 5 type custom train engine(only engine), the icon "ALL" will generate all of 5 type engine at the same time

about the HSR generator, of cause you can modify the lot, but don't modify the property "OccupantGroups" values in exemplar
just plop the lot on the HSR track side, it will generate the automata