• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

High Speed Rail Project (HSRP)

Started by Jonathan, August 19, 2007, 02:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

allan_kuan1992

For me... yes it's a little top-heavy... we could make the columns thicker or add more of them in between the spaces.

However, the guideway thickness might also on the large side based on this photo:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Viaducto_Arroyo_del_Valle_(Madrid)_02.jpg
(credits to original photographer)

That kind of depends on design specs however... from images I've seen through browsing Google Images:

- the Wikipedia one exists in Spain (where the image came from) and Taiwan (with modifications) but both have thicker columns.
- the one we have appears to take its design from the Shinkansen network which tends to have closely-spaced columns.

However in any case the new columns still do look better than the current ones in terms of realism...

plunderer

debutterfly

Are there any HSR Stations that are 1 tile wide and 'x' long? something like the monorail station.

-Larry (debutterfly)

chrisnhl

Hey guys! I installed a HSRP Transit hub and wanted to delete it to shift it over a couple tiles so that it would work better with my city.  I could not bulldoze the hub and I have deleted everything from my plugin folder.  Now there is just a big brown box in the middle of my city and I still can build anything in that area. It is ruining my city!  Can someone please help me?

choco

chrisnhl: you tried to delete the hub before or after you removed your plugins?  sounds like the latter, in which case, the outlook is bleak.  i've never been able to delete a lot after removing the plugin and booting the city.....even after reinstalling it and trying again.

chrisnhl

Wow Thanks guys! I tried a bunch of random stuff and something worked so im all back to normal!

chpbrownlee

Every time I use the HSR my game crashes how can i fix that ?

WC_EEND

can you be a bit more specific, is your HSR starter piece near a station? if so, that could cause the CTD
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

chpbrownlee

umm like a monorail station i don;'t have a specific hsrp station but yeah ithink so could that cause the crash ?

WC_EEND

yes, the starter pieces are called "puzzle pieces" and due to something hardcoded (= not changable) into the game's .exe file the CTD occurs whenevr puzzle pieces are hovered over or even touch Transit Enabled (TE) lots (like stations)
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

chpbrownlee

Okay so don't put starter peices near stations ?

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Pharaon-Kheops

Well, not sure if this is the good topic for this question, but is it "hopable" to see one day some "old" multi-lane rail stations (like Amsterdam Station, fo exemple) be refurbished to have one of their lane changed for HSRP?
"to be is to do" - Kant
"to do is to be" - Sartre
"to be or not to be" - Shakespeare
"to be do be do" - Sinatra

gardenwong

Quote from: Pharaon-Kheops on June 29, 2009, 07:01:28 AM
Well, not sure if this is the good topic for this question, but is it "hopable" to see one day some "old" multi-lane rail stations (like Amsterdam Station, fo exemple) be refurbished to have one of their lane changed for HSRP?
you can change it by using LE, SC4Tools , DatGen and writing paths
it's not too difficult if you know how to use them...of course....you need to know the path-file.... ;)
俺がã,¬ãƒ³ãƒ€ãƒ ã wwwwww

cogeo

Take a look at my HSR Stations Essentials on the STEX. It may be helpful for your lotting work.

Pharaon-Kheops

that is exactly the kind of answers I was affraid to receive^^ well... so be it..... good bye Social life, good bye happy evenings with my family, goodbye playing time.... ^^ let's learn SC4 deep mechanics....

thank for your quick answer, guys (even though I would have prefered something like "I just finished it, it will be on the LEX next week" ^^ )
"to be is to do" - Kant
"to do is to be" - Sartre
"to be or not to be" - Shakespeare
"to be do be do" - Sinatra

vershner

Quote from: Pharaon-Kheops on June 30, 2009, 09:02:45 AM
well... so be it..... good bye Social life, good bye happy evenings with my family, goodbye playing time.... ^^ let's learn SC4 deep mechanics....
That's the spirit!

Monorail Master

I think the GHSR needs some train crossing pieces. Just place one instead of spending thousands of $$$ to build an overpass for GHSR, I mean GHSR have train crossins IRL
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

Jonathan

If you show me a picture of a GHSR crossing normal rail then maybe, but it doesn't seem very realistic, the same way theres only 2 or 3 trains Crossing trams. Just build a Rail overpass instead of a GHSR over pass.

Jonathan