• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

High Speed Rail Project (HSRP)

Started by Jonathan, August 19, 2007, 02:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaston

Quote from: Jonathan on June 30, 2009, 03:04:35 PM
If you show me a picture of a GHSR crossing normal rail then maybe, but it doesn't seem very realistic, the same way theres only 2 or 3 trains Crossing trams. Just build a Rail overpass instead of a GHSR over pass.

Jonathan

I have to agree with ya Jonathan.   There is talk about the US gov't starting/updating some type of HSR here in the states.    But, a major stumbling block is exactly that; too many intesections to deal with.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

choco

^+2

i think GHSR intersections are akin to highway intersections......

Tarkus

I'm with choco. Gaston and Jonathan here . . . it kind of defeats the purpose.  HSR/GHSR should stay grade-separated from surface networks--it's essentially the "freeway" of rail-based transportation.

-Alex

Pharaon-Kheops

concerning realism.
Here in France, where we have massive HSR use, HSR rail have actually replaced normal rail where it does aplly. This means normal (and freight) trains do use the HSR rail on HSR lines (e.g.: between Paris and Lyon, first HSR line ever in France, since 1983). On other lines, HSR trains also use normal rail (thought at reduced velocity) tu reach some cities without the need of a train change (e.g.: most of the important cities wich are near the ski resorts in the Alps mountains are reachable by HSR, but the HSR rail goes only up to Lyon or Grenoble, thereafter, the HSR use normal rail at a reduced pace (about the same as normal train) instead of the regular 350km/h) .

So, to be brief, HSR not only "cross" normal rail, but also MERGE with it (but this is unmakable in SC4, I think...). By the way, there are a very very few HSR/road crossing and the State spend Mil. Euros every year to even reduce the number (the goal is 0 crossings indeed).
"to be is to do" - Kant
"to do is to be" - Sartre
"to be or not to be" - Shakespeare
"to be do be do" - Sinatra

dragonshardz

Considering that the Rail network and the Monorail network (which the HSRP is a texture override for) have different network speeds, I think it would just make things easier and more logical to keep HSR and HDR grade-separated.

running naked in the snow

Hello,

Was wondering how the project has processed up to this point. Is everything still ongoing, or has people refocused their abilities to other projects?

dragonshardz

The project has been put on the back burner, but it isn't dead. I beleive Jonathan is busy working on STR and other NAM-related things.

mrgisa

Hi All,

Firstly, I wanted to say that this a great mod and I'm very grateful for all the hard work you guys have done.  I love trains and the stuff you do adds some great realism!

I have a problem however and I was wondering if there was a solution.

I downloaded the Acela HSR mod but the passenger cars do not seem to match the engine.  At first, I thought there was a mistake when the creator uploaded the acela file but after spending several hours trying to figure out why, I figured out that the GHSR_Plugin.dat seems to block out the acela (and the ICE train) coach file.  For some reason, this file installs a coach.  Coincidentally, I noticed that the acela lacked the proper cars in the picture in the readme when installing the HSRP mod.

As you can guess, if I take out GHSR_Plugin.dat, the coach will show (but the tracks will not) and obviously the game can crash.  Odder still, If I put in say...the 500 in bullet train mod, both the engine and coaches will appear.  I also used the patch to make sure that the BTM mod and the HSRP mod will work properly so I am completely stumped as to what to do.

I installed the nam essentials pack, the June 2009 nam, the HSRP and the patch so hopefully it's not something I am missing.

Any ideas as to what I could do?  As I mentioned, this problem also occurs when I use the ICE HSRP mod.  I'd prefer to use the Acela in my cities but I will settle for a bullet train if there is no solution.

Keep up the great work guys!

Gisa ^^

gardenwong

Quote from: mrgisa on August 10, 2009, 11:48:39 PM
Hi All,

Firstly, I wanted to say that this a great mod and I'm very grateful for all the hard work you guys have done.  I love trains and the stuff you do adds some great realism!

I have a problem however and I was wondering if there was a solution.

I downloaded the Acela HSR mod but the passenger cars do not seem to match the engine.  At first, I thought there was a mistake when the creator uploaded the acela file but after spending several hours trying to figure out why, I figured out that the GHSR_Plugin.dat seems to block out the acela (and the ICE train) coach file.  For some reason, this file installs a coach.  Coincidentally, I noticed that the acela lacked the proper cars in the picture in the readme when installing the HSRP mod.

As you can guess, if I take out GHSR_Plugin.dat, the coach will show (but the tracks will not) and obviously the game can crash.  Odder still, If I put in say...the 500 in bullet train mod, both the engine and coaches will appear.  I also used the patch to make sure that the BTM mod and the HSRP mod will work properly so I am completely stumped as to what to do.

I installed the nam essentials pack, the June 2009 nam, the HSRP and the patch so hopefully it's not something I am missing.

Any ideas as to what I could do?  As I mentioned, this problem also occurs when I use the ICE HSRP mod.  I'd prefer to use the Acela in my cities but I will settle for a bullet train if there is no solution.

Keep up the great work guys!

Gisa ^^
Hi Gisa,
you can try to add "ZZZ_" before the name of the file.
for example,if the file named "HSRP ICE train", you can change it to "zzz_HSRP ICE train"
and it will be fine :thumbsup:
----------------------------------------------------------
also, I would like to know that is there any news about the "revolution"of the HSRP?
俺がã,¬ãƒ³ãƒ€ãƒ ã wwwwww

mrgisa

Hi Gardenwong,

Thanks for the reply.  I tried what you suggested, but unfortunately it did not work.  I had originally tried to put the engine and coach files in a seperate folder called HSRP so I renamed them with an uppercase ZZZ_, a lowercase zzz_ but it didn't work.  I took the engine and coach files out of the folder and repeated the same process for the files but it did not work.  I even tried giving them an aaa_name so they'd be accessed first.

I tried this with the acela without success.

Has anyone else here had success getting the acela coach to show up?

Gisa ^^

choco

yup....had it in a y_mods folder.....

mrgisa

Hi Again,

Woohoo I got it to work!  Thanks Choco and Goldenwang!

I had to make a folder that is the LAST folder in all of my plugins (with the coaches inside) to get it to work.

;D

Gisa ^^

dragonshardz

Quote from: gardenwong on August 11, 2009, 04:20:19 AM
also, I would like to know that is there any news about the "revolution"of the HSRP?

What, exactly, are you talking about here? Revolution? At the moment, this thread is more of a support thread than anything else since Jonathan (Warrior until he changed his name) has put the HSRP on the back burner to work on the RAM and deal with RL as it comes.

I was one of the testers, though, and I am glad to answer any questions you might have to the best of my knowledge.

mrgisa

I think he he meant revolution in the sense that this mod is a revolution to Simcity 4. :)

I noticed an oddity while testing out the acela problem I had with the HSRP ground stations.  The monorail trains do a funky sort of dip into the station and then go above it (at least in UDI mode).  I assume that this is a limitation of the HSRP mod right?  I'm hoping it has to do with my own stupidity because then there is a way to solve the problem.  ;D

Gisa ^^

Andreas

It looks like the station doesn't have GHSR paths attached to the transit enabled tiles. With the default TE, it works like a regular monorail station, hence the automata will rise above the ground.
Andreas

Jonathan

I had got into rewriting the RULs for HSRP, and changing all the IIDs which would allow for more flexiblity with the curves and switches, but somehow it all got lost(along with my other work I had) on one the places I do SC4 work. So I'm trying to find it but RL and other distractions have got in the way. So I'm not sure whats going on with the HSRP or RAM(I believe that there are other very talented people wokring on the RAM though).

I'll try and get back to it, but I'm not promising anything.

Jonathan

mrgisa

Quote from: Andreas on August 11, 2009, 09:31:51 AM
It looks like the station doesn't have GHSR paths attached to the transit enabled tiles. With the default TE, it works like a regular monorail station, hence the automata will rise above the ground.

I thought that might be the case, but I went back and dragged monorail through the stations.  I could try again (user error) but I am fairly sure it will happen again.  It's not a big deal as I rarely drive monorail and won't have a system for it for a while but it was just something I noticed...

Quote from: Jonathan on August 11, 2009, 09:37:17 AM
I had got into rewriting the RULs for HSRP, and changing all the IIDs which would allow for more flexiblity with the curves and switches, but somehow it all got lost(along with my other work I had) on one the places I do SC4 work. So I'm trying to find it but RL and other distractions have got in the way. So I'm not sure whats going on with the HSRP or RAM(I believe that there are other very talented people wokring on the RAM though).

I'll try and get back to it, but I'm not promising anything.

Jonathan

That sounds great.  We all get busy so it's totally understandable.  The only reason I got back into SC4 is because I'm on vacation at the moment (although I plan to continue playing again for quite some time!).

Gisa ^^

sideffects

I can't seem to add a station anywhere. I can lay track and do all that stuff just fine, but I can't find where the HSR station is. Any help?

io_bg

Stations must be downloaded separately. There are some on the LEX and the STEX. And welcome to SC4D!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

sideffects

Quote from: io_bg on August 24, 2009, 01:53:26 PM
Stations must be downloaded separately. There are some on the LEX and the STEX. And welcome to SC4D!
Thank you so much! I've been thinking there was a bug.