• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

High Speed Rail Project (HSRP)

Started by Jonathan, August 19, 2007, 02:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danny2oo932

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-qZ50Kht5M This is high speed.. my trains have 50% of this speed.. and the speed is the same like the normal trains.. Did i miss something or i need the bullet train mod?

Tarkus

Quote from: danny2oo932 on March 04, 2010, 03:42:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-qZ50Kht5M This is high speed.. my trains have 50% of this speed.. and the speed is the same like the normal trains.. Did i miss something or i need the bullet train mod?

It might also just be a matter of what Automata Plugin you have installed.  That's what actually controls the speed of the train visuals.  The Bullet Train Mod is not required and as it does not make any modifications to the Automata settings, it would not increase the speed of your train visuals.

-Alex

Haljackey

Quote from: danny2oo932 on March 04, 2010, 03:42:33 AM

Keep in mind that this video could have been sped up before it was uploaded to give the "appearance" of a higher traveling speed.

A mod for the UDI Vehicle could have also been made.  For example, I use a mod that makes the cop car travel much farther than it is supposed to.  I hate it because I crash into everything and don't remember the plugin's filename.  :P

And yes, the simulator for the Bullet Train Mod (on the STEX) was removed because there were conflicting issues with the more recent NAM versions and traffic simulators.

danny2oo932

Thanks for information man.. can you tell me any mod that increase the train speed? I really need that:D

Jonathan

I tried making the HSR trains go faster, but I didn't get it work, but then I don't understand the whole tuning/simulator side of the game, so Z could you make the HSR go faster, I'd like it as well :)

z

To make the automata go faster requires modifying the automata controller, which is completely separate from the traffic simulator.  I have no experience with the automata controller, but taking a quick look at it, it would seem that you just have to modify the correct entry in the property "Speed Multiplier by Network."  The Reader's XML file tells you which network these entries apply to; the monorail entry is the tenth entry down, and is 1.6 in the standard controller.  Raising this should speed up your HSR, I would think; it should be easy enough to test.  The exemplar is in the file in the main NAM folder that begins "NetworkAddonMod_Automata_Plugin"; it's the only exemplar in that file.

So you could modify this file yourself until you found a speed that seemed correct; just remember that there are four automata files in the NAM (only one is selected at install time), and the speed would have to be modified in each one.  This would then work regardless of which traffic simulator was used.

strucka

There is however some tool where you open a file from NAM or a traffic controller or something and then has values for vehicle speed. I remember doing it a year or so back, but don't recall any difference in the visual speed. I think it was just for the traffic density, i changed the Mono from 100 or something to 450 and it still didn't go obviously faster.

Tarkus

Quote from: strucka on March 13, 2010, 06:52:41 AM
There is however some tool where you open a file from NAM or a traffic controller or something and then has values for vehicle speed. I remember doing it a year or so back, but don't recall any difference in the visual speed. I think it was just for the traffic density, i changed the Mono from 100 or something to 450 and it still didn't go obviously faster.

From the sounds of it, you were simply adjusting the speed in the traffic simulator.  The thing danny2oo932 seems to be wanting is an increase in the automata display speed.  If that's what you're going for, I'd recommend following z's instructions.

-Alex

strucka

So do I, but can't seem to get it right. What number should I put in? A normal number or a hex number? And how would a hex number look like if i were to put a 3 instead of 1.6? because now, when I put the 3 in, I'm 100% sure it slows the monorail down a lot.

z

These are standard base-10 floating point numbers, not hex.  And from both the description and the way the other numbers are structured, a higher number implies a higher speed.  Are you absolutely sure your end result is 3 and not something like .3?  If so, it's possible that there's an upper limit here, after which the results cycle; I've seen some evidence of this in other properties.  You might want to try a value of 2.5 and see what happens.

strucka

Nope! can't seem to get any effect on it.
How about that train min/maxKPH exampler 5 rows down.

Korot

That refers to the speed of the passenger trains travelling on the (heavy) rail network, which the HSRP isn't.

Regards,
Korot

strucka

So every network seems to have this option except the monorail.. Still if i were to change the settings of the min/max speed for the train, how would i for example double the current speed..

Moonraker0

I am encountering a problem with the HSRP.  Whenever the trains (automata AND route query) enter a puzzle piece (specifically the diagonal HSR over straight network ones), they switch to the opposite track and, in the case of the automata, disappear.  In the route query they are shown switching track on the puzzle piece, too.  It's as if I'm partially using some sort of left-hand drive version of the HSRP, but I don't see a choice of LHD or RHD in the downloads section.  I don't even know if LHD/RHD affects the monorail network, but it seems like this is what's happening.

Jonathan

Hmm, never heard of that before. Can you post a list of you High Speed Rail folder which is in the NAM folder?

Jonathan

Moonraker0

Ok, here it is:

Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is 8E26-1C9F

Directory of C:\Users\Sam\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\Network Addon Mod\High Sp
eed Rail Project

03/15/2010  08:55 PM    <DIR>          .
03/15/2010  08:55 PM    <DIR>          ..
01/03/2009  01:15 PM         1,043,585 GHSR_Plugin.dat
04/26/2008  04:49 PM           207,227 HSR_Core.dat
04/26/2008  04:42 PM             5,752 HSR_Locale_english.dat
01/03/2009  01:16 PM         1,724,002 HSR_Plugin.dat
03/15/2010  08:55 PM    <DIR>          images
04/28/2008  01:57 PM            17,034 readme_High_Speed_Rail_Project.htm
               5 File(s)      2,997,600 bytes
               3 Dir(s)  706,219,925,504 bytes free

Korot

Quote from: Moonraker0 on March 20, 2010, 08:48:44 AM
I am encountering a problem with the HSRP.  Whenever the trains (automata AND route query) enter a puzzle piece (specifically the diagonal HSR over straight network ones), they switch to the opposite track and, in the case of the automata, disappear.  In the route query they are shown switching track on the puzzle piece, too.  It's as if I'm partially using some sort of left-hand drive version of the HSRP, but I don't see a choice of LHD or RHD in the downloads section.  I don't even know if LHD/RHD affects the monorail network, but it seems like this is what's happening.

Well, it sounds like a LHD/RHD problem. Try re-installing the NAM (not the HSRP), using RHD if your cars should drive on the right side, and vice versa for LHD.

Regards,
Korot

Moonraker0

I reinstalled the NAM (twice) and it still was not working right.

strucka

How's Vershner's texture update doing? it seems so fine looking.

Jonathan

It's not looking good,
I'm on holiday for 2 weeks, but my GCSEs are next month, so I will be studying for those for quite a bit of those 2 weeks.

The HSRP is not on the top of my to-do list at the moment. and I have files from my previous computers spread across 3 hard drives, the updated files are somewhere on those or possible on one of my internet accounts.

So finding them will take a while, then getting them into an installer as well as updating the track models to make the textures join properly with no gaps (there are small gaps on the current textures as well)

Jonathan