• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

High Speed Rail Project (HSRP)

Started by Jonathan, August 19, 2007, 02:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan

You've no idea how almost painful it is not to be able to finish HSRP, it would just take to long to get back into the swing of things. Looking back over the RULs it's a miracle any part of it works, they're so messy and half of them are wrong. But sadly RL is more important at the moment with exams and just having to have had my laptop repaired means I need to start making money. Come the summer I will have got through my exams and hopefully it will be a kind of limbo between GCSEs and a-levels where I hopefully won't have any work greatly increasing my free time to finish HSRP.

Jonathan

mongsi

I'm not sure if this is normal.

Tarkus

As I recall, that is normal--the RHW's "color-corrected" textures for use on model-based items was switched to a new IID scheme, and as the last HSRP release took place in the days of RHW Version 2.0 (we're on 4.1 now), it hasn't been updated.  I think I posted a patch at some point, but I don't recall where it is, unfortunately.  There's some other issues with that particular crossing aside from the RGBK tile glitch that further prevent it from working properly (namely, RUL stability), though, which won't be fixed until the next NAM/RHW release cycle.

-Alex

mongsi

Quote from: Tarkus on June 10, 2011, 01:00:55 PM
As I recall, that is normal--the RHW's "color-corrected" textures for use on model-based items was switched to a new IID scheme, and as the last HSRP release took place in the days of RHW Version 2.0 (we're on 4.1 now), it hasn't been updated.  I think I posted a patch at some point, but I don't recall where it is, unfortunately.  There's some other issues with that particular crossing aside from the RGBK tile glitch that further prevent it from working properly (namely, RUL stability), though, which won't be fixed until the next NAM/RHW release cycle.

-Alex

Thanks for the reply. For now I'll just try to avoid making that particular crossing. ;)

smartbylaw

Is there a new version of HSR/GHSR in the works? I would love to see this added into the NAM instead of a separate download..

Tarkus

As mentioned in posts on the previous page or two, I've done a little bit of work "gap filling" some things on it, mainly so it can play nice with some other components that are currently being actively developed.  But that's largely a side project and on the backburner at the moment, and aside from that, HSRP has not been in active development for at least a couple years. 

As far as adding it directly into the NAM, so far, none of external NAM Plugins have been merged into the NAM itself since we introduced that release paradigm 4 years ago with RHW Version 1.3b.  I wouldn't expect that to change at least in the near-term, though there have been discussions as to the future of the "external" paradigm.

-Alex

ivo_su

I noticed that my sims do not use HSRP built by me and I can not understand why. Basically I know that this is the fastest networks in the game and have the highest capacity, but inexplicably Sims prefer subway or buses and cars mostly to HSRP. Surprising to me is the fact that they even slightly used monorail transportation, but when replaced with a monorail HSRP they orient themselves to this transport. Could this be a bug and the problem is not with me?

- Ivo

ivo_su

Still no one responded to my call for assistance  related to  my problem  using  HSRP. I noticed that maybe I have a problem  with the paths of  the network itself and  I made  a picture  to show  the lack of  paths for  HSRP. I would be grateful for  any advice or help.

- Ivo

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: ivo_su on July 24, 2011, 01:36:52 AM
I noticed that maybe I have a problem  with the paths of  the network itself and  I made  a picture  to show  the lack of  paths for  HSRP.

The paths are actually there; They're just "buried" into the models (because the top of the models are slightly higher than where the paths are), so it can be a bit hard to tell if there's pathing problems.

Driving a train using UDI, looking for monorail automata, or simply querying the rail (assuming there are people using HSR) are the only means of checking if the paths work.

EDIT: Actually, if you zoom out a bit (about zoom 3), you can just barely see the purplish paths.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Exla357

Hopefully the HSRP will stay active, it's quite a unique mod. Not my favorite, but it still has a place in my cities.

Opkl

Quote from: ivo_su on July 24, 2011, 01:36:52 AM
Still no one responded to my call for assistance  related to  my problem  using  HSRP. I noticed that maybe I have a problem  with the paths of  the network itself and  I made  a picture  to show  the lack of  paths for  HSRP. I would be grateful for  any advice or help.

- Ivo

Hi Ivo.  Is the city your HSRP travels in mostly low wealth?  I remember reading that low wealth sims can not afford riding on the monorails.  Low wealth sims perfer EL-rail and subways because they are a lot cheapper in ticket prices. 

ivo_su

Hi Ivo.  Is the city your HSRP travels in mostly low wealth?  I remember reading that low wealth sims can not afford riding on the monorails.  Low wealth sims perfer EL-rail and subways because they are a lot cheaper in ticket prices.
[/quote]

This is really strange explanation. I am the only one worldwide where 80% of Sims are rich 19% middle class and only 1% poor. Thanks to some tricks I can do a constant demand for 72,000 R $ $ $ which means that they should prefer HSRP, to the subway or EL-rail, but in reality is not so. There is no way a city of 1.5 million to 1.2 is rich and no one wants to use HSRP. Sims prefer cars, subways, buses and not HSRP.

- Ivo

Opkl

Quote from: ivo_su on July 30, 2011, 03:53:04 PM

Hi Ivo.  Is the city your HSRP travels in mostly low wealth?  I remember reading that low wealth sims can not afford riding on the monorails.  Low wealth sims perfer EL-rail and subways because they are a lot cheapper in ticket prices.

This is really strange explanation. I am the only one worldwide where 80% of Sims are rich 19% middle class and only 1% poor. Thanks to some tricks I can do a constant demand for 72,000 R $ $ $ which means that they should prefer HSRP, to the subway or EL-rail, but in reality is not so. There is no way a city of 1.5 million to 1.2 is rich and no one wants to use HSRP. Sims prefer cars, subways, buses and not HSRP.

- Ivo

Can you post a picture of the transportation map of this city?  Also, do you have more subway stations than HSRP stations closer to office buildings? The sims might think using the subway would be easier because they can get off right at their destination instead of taking the HSRP, get off, then walk to a bus stop, and then get to their destination.

Gringamuyloca

@ Opkl   I believe Ivo is wondering why pathing isn't showing on the HSRP....

@ ivo_su  Hopefully someone can help with the pathing issue...

Tamara

dragonshardz

Quote from: Gringamuyloca on July 30, 2011, 06:48:33 PM
@ Opkl   I believe Ivo is wondering why pathing isn't showing on the HSRP....

@ ivo_su  Hopefully someone can help with the pathing issue...

The pathing isn't showing because the height SC4 has its monorail paths display at is covered by the solid model. The HSRP does have paths. If Sims ae not using your HSR, it is a different problem.

Tarkus

Additionally, we've not touched the HSRP mod upload since 2009--2 1/2 years ago.  If there were a pathing problem, preventing the base ortho network from working, we would have heard about it right away.

-Alex

dragonshardz

I'll also note that I helped Jonathan test the bloody thing, so you can be sure that I would've caught any parts of it that doesn't have paths long before now.

z

Quote from: Opkl on July 30, 2011, 03:10:57 PM

This is not true.  There is no differentiation in wealth levels among Sims when choosing mass transit types.  Sims always choose the type that will get them to their destination fastest, regardless of their wealth level.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: MR.Y on July 31, 2011, 02:32:39 AM
How is it with wrc for the HSR and some new bridges like this ones:

There are 45-degree WRCs for HSR already, but they're all draggable. The only one that isn't is the S-curve (and there's only a ground version available).

There's already an HSR bridge pack on the LEX:

http://www.sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2002

There aren't any arch bridges, like in the picture you showed, but there are some concrete pier bridges that would probably be to your liking.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums