• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

High Speed Rail Project (HSRP)

Started by Jonathan, August 19, 2007, 02:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

I was referring primarily to QuinRiva's case, which is definitely a lack of LHD Plugin.  It sounds like your case is more complicated, though given that HSR is Monorail-based, and Monorail seems to work for you, there's more than likely there's something in your HSR line that isn't set up properly.  We'd need to see some images in order to properly diagnose the problem.

-Alex

yiqin110

hi, i am low yi qin, i am a great fans of your HSRP mods but there is still problems with the mods that i think you should improved. the HSRP mods that you created are just eye candy and so i just suggest that you can made a UDI inteface out of it, something like the things in shinkansen mods. i know that i can download the shinkansen mods for the UDI inteface but i just want to keep the monorail and the shinkansen mods replaces it. can you give me a reply as soon as possible on the suggested improvement ?? thank you very much

jdenm8

Because of the nature of the HSRP, we cannot do things like that without them overriding the default Monorail functionality. We just cannot do it.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Haljackey

I'm all for merging the HSR/BTM mods into one universal network that would replace the monorail.

...But that's just it: replace it. I don't think many of use use monorail all that often and a total replacement would lead to far less work (no starter pieces and overrides) and better stability.

art128

I use one of moonlinght's mod that modify the monorail so that it has a real shinkansen looks. I'm not at all for that replacement you are talking about Hal, except if the relooking mods will still work.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Tarkus

Quote from: Haljackey on August 16, 2012, 08:18:17 AM
I'm all for merging the HSR/BTM mods into one universal network that would replace the monorail.

...But that's just it: replace it. I don't think many of use use monorail all that often and a total replacement would lead to far less work (no starter pieces and overrides) and better stability.

That would solve the issue of overrides with the elevated HSR.  However, that wouldn't entirely solve HSR's draggable stability issues, as there's still the GHSR network.  There's also the High Monorail pieces , too, which  (to my knowledge) don't have any sort of replacement component in HSRP or the other mods out there. 

There's also the matter of stations, which would need to be modified in order to fit with the new specs of the network.  The NAM, as a matter of long-standing policy, doesn't include Lots--including stations.  You'd also have to include automata.  It starts to go beyond the scope of what we generally include.

Beyond that, there's the question of whether or not there are folks using both the base Monorail network and the override-based HSRP in their cities.

Quote from: art128 on August 16, 2012, 08:29:19 AM
I use one of moonlinght's mod that modify the monorail so that it has a real shinkansen looks. I'm not at all for that replacement you are talking about Hal, except if the relooking mods will still work.

If something is done to the Monorail network at the NAM level, as long as the alternate shinkansen mod loads afterwards, it wouldn't affect anything.

-Alex

asanesslights

I don't know what's going on here. its like there's a box appearing instead of rail.

P.S. i installed the NAM, HSR core and its extras/fixes accordingly.

GDO29Anagram

<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

asanesslights

thanks for quick response. and it worked! seems like I unintentionally skipped the essentials

Vemond

Why does this mod slow down my game so much? It takes 2 minutes to load a simple 2squares track

Tarkus

Usually, when there's an unusual "slowdown" in building a transit network, it's due to a missing or corrupt path file.  There's a couple possible reasons this could be:

1) There may actually be a missing path somewhere.  We'd need to know which "simple 2 squares" are causing the slowdown.
2) You are running a "left-hand traffic" copy of the game (e.g. a copy intended for sale in the UK or Japan--over the years, these have since filtered down to countries that don't drive on the left), and did not install the "Left-Hand Drive" Plugin, causing the HSRP's paths to go missing.

There may be more possible explanations, but unless we know exactly what you're trying to build when the slowdown occurs, we can't really diagnose your problem any farther than that.

-Alex

ivo_su

Somewhere a bit sad that this great project has been so neglected and abandoned over the years. I have not once talked with its creator Jonathan and he told me that there are so many errors RULs and how he wants to fix them. Alas, my hope for Version 2.0 of HRSP is about to die.

six9nc

Hello all, I am trying to build a raised HSRP network though the rural part of my  region and can't locate the HSRP over avenue puzzle piece.  Sorry if this has been answered already I have never used the HSRP before.
"The man who sleeps on the floor never falls out of bed"...Martin Lawrence

z

Quote from: six9nc on June 08, 2013, 01:15:18 PM
Hello all, I am trying to build a raised HSRP network though the rural part of my  region and can't locate the HSRP over avenue puzzle piece.

That's because there isn't any.  Simply dragging the HSR over an avenue works fine.

I should also mention that in the past, many people have been reluctant to use the HSRP networks due to performance issues - the Sims just didn't them very much.  The reason for this was that essentially all the HSRP stations were modded incorrectly.  This problem is fixed in the current version of the NAM (31.2), where all the stations included in with the NAM are modded correctly.  If you use only these HSRP stations on your networks, you will find that these networks will work fine now.

rivit

I can indeed confirm this as I have been playing around with HSR recently for various reasons. The HSR can be very heavily used.

For those who have been wondering out loud about HSR in the RRW thread I have knocked up a rough prototype rail texture set in the style of RRW for you to play with. 

It nearly fits the HSR as we know it (so its reasonably usable) and exposes some of the other things that would need to be adapted/fixed/implemented should HSR be tackled again (it would also be a non-trivial project) - I have a partly implemented pilot should there be real volunteers. PM me for info.

CAVEAT: These rails are not compatible with the RRW even though they look like they are. The HSR is slightly narrower as it stands today and has also been implemented using different techniques than RRW is using. So these textures are unusable for anything else.

Please don't ask Willy to do anything about these as he has a very large project in hand already.

RepublicMaster

These look great! I will definitely try them out! :D

Swordmaster

Looks great Ron. Also a good basis for a concrete RRW texture, of course.

Cheers
Willy

agunter999

hey are much better than the originals
Removed sig, as it linked to a site that promotes unauthorized "modpacks" (see #10 on Site Rules). -Admin

MR.Y

@rivit: really nice work. Just one thing I miss: a LZB-Wire (or how it is called in other languages)
You see it here: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0d/K%C3%B6rle_Ost_Betriebsbahnhof_Gleiswechsel.jpg/800px-K%C3%B6rle_Ost_Betriebsbahnhof_Gleiswechsel.jpg
(I speak about the wire in the center of the Tracks)

vinlabsc3k

Quote from: rivit on July 07, 2013, 10:51:52 PM
I can indeed confirm this as I have been playing around with HSR recently for various reasons. The HSR can be very heavily used.

For those who have been wondering out loud about HSR in the RRW thread I have knocked up a rough prototype rail texture set in the style of RRW for you to play with. 

It nearly fits the HSR as we know it (so its reasonably usable) and exposes some of the other things that would need to be adapted/fixed/implemented should HSR be tackled again (it would also be a non-trivial project) - I have a partly implemented pilot should there be real volunteers. PM me for info.

CAVEAT: These rails are not compatible with the RRW even though they look like they are. The HSR is slightly narrower as it stands today and has also been implemented using different techniques than RRW is using. So these textures are unusable for anything else.

Please don't ask Willy to do anything about these as he has a very large project in hand already.

It's better that the old one! :thumbsup:
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!