• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM- Elevated and Ground Highway Puzzle Pices

Started by den52, August 05, 2008, 02:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

den52

I'm not sure if anyone has requested the following already. One puzzle piece that is not currently available in the NAM pack is a " Ground highway Puzzle Piece". NAM currently has a road, avenue, GLR, rail, one-way puzzle piece set but no elevated or ground highway puzzle piece. Often I like to run a "highway" over water but cannot do it. It would be a nice addition to the next NAM update.

Den52

Diggis

Sorry, what do you mean?  You can drag a highway over water via a bridge.

den52

Yes, I am aware of the one where you run a highway bridge over water. What I am looking for is a highway onslope puzzle piece you can plot over water tiles or blank ground etc... The existing onslope puzzle pieces in NAM only has (road, avenue, one-way road, or GLR). See following thread. Here it talks about highway onslope piece but where can you download it. Thanks

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1138.0

Tarkus

den52, that piece you're referring to is in the NAM, and has been since the June 2007 release.  It should be under the Custom Interchanges button under the Highway menu.

Hope that answers your question. :)

-Alex (Tarkus)

den52

Hi Alex, thanks found the ground highway onslope. Unfortunately I'm looking for an (Elevated Ground Highway) onslope puzzle piece.

den52

smoncrie

Den52, I am not sure what you mean.  The OnSlope puzzle pieces that Alex referred to are ground highway on one side and elevated highway on the other side.  I suppose you might be thinking of a high elevated highway OnSlope, as in the current high elevated rail.   A complete set of high elevated puzzle pieces would be needed, and as far as I know, no one is currently working on making any.

By the way, I created the high elevated rail, the high monorail, and the latest version of the highway OnSlope puzzle pieces.

den52

Hi Smoncrie, found "ground highway" onslope puzzle pieces. I can use "groung level highway' but do not know how or where to finf "Elevated highway" pieces. I want to place an "elevated piece" to join both "elevated highway" on each side. Thanks  See image to demonstrate

smoncrie

Den52, your picture makes it clear what you want.  I am sorry, but you can not do it with the current NAM.

It requires the creation of the high elevated highway puzzle pieces I mentioned.  I don't know when, or even if such pieces will be made.

den52

Thanks for your help and yes great High Elevated rail onslope pices you have created!

:thumbsup:    den52

b22rian

Quote from: den52 on August 07, 2008, 10:53:52 AM
Thanks for your help and yes great High Elevated rail onslope pices you have created!

:thumbsup:    den52

Hope you dont mind me "popping in" in the thread .. But i do would like to say thanks to Smoncrie..
For both the creation of the "high" elevated rail and monorail pieces.. they have been a marvelous
addition to my cities.. And i have found quite a few instances where iv'e used them..

Thanks Brian

Fixed quote formatting issue. :-) -Alex

heitomat

Might need to post a new thread for this, due to inactivity on the post..

Anyway; here goes:

What I'm currently missing in the NAM (March 2009 version) is the elevated highway 45 degree turn puzzle piece. This exists for ground highway, but as far as I know, not for elevated highway.
Be gentle with me - I'm Norwegian

dragonshardz

Which is because it doesn't. Not many people are actively developing new pieces for the MHWs, and since more and more players are changing over to RHW for their highway systems, there isn't much demand for new MHW pieces anyhow.

Hope that helps.

~~dragonshardz~~

heitomat

Thanks for your answer, dragonshardz. Allthough it's too bad that the mentioned piece is the "only" missing..  :'(

I've had a peek at the RHW, but decided not to use it - found it too American-looking.. But I've noticed the intensive development on different RHW-textures and pieces, so I might as well give it a try. The RHW is far better than the MHW when it comes to realism.

carkid1998

Sendona... Coming soon!

heitomat

Thanks, carkid1998. I've seen it for a while, but thought that the plugin wasn't for me. But since my last post on this thread, I've already downloaded, installed and experimented with both the RHW-plugin and the Euro textures. I have to admit, it's a stunning addition - once I get to know the puzzle pieces..  ;)

Stormscape

Personally what's keeping me from the RHW is having to spend upwards of 5 minutes for making a simple intersection. I really do think it does need ploppable intersection pieces. It's like, why would I waste my time doing that when I can drag and drop the built in highways?

mike3775

Quote from: Stormscape on May 30, 2009, 04:05:38 PM
Personally what's keeping me from the RHW is having to spend upwards of 5 minutes for making a simple intersection. I really do think it does need ploppable intersection pieces. It's like, why would I waste my time doing that when I can drag and drop the built in highways?

I was the same way, until I actually decided to try out the RHW and various interchange pieces

I still don't like having to make a huge interchange, but recently took a semi ride with a friend, and found out first hand how huge some interchanges throughout the US really are(where I live, the interchanges are compact, usually cloverleafs).

It takes time to make interchanges with RHW, but in the end, I love that I can make multiple lane ramps now

Blue Lightning

The main point of the RHW is to be able to have very flexible and more realisitic highways. Flexibility does come at the slight cost of taking some time, but once you get the hang of it its pretty quick.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Stormscape

I tried the RHW in my city. Why I stopped using it was because everytime I upgraded roads near it they ALL connected to the bloody thing forcing me to spend ~5 minutes fixing the highway because every sidestreet within 2 tiles of it decided it wanted to be an offramp.

mike3775

Quote from: Stormscape on May 30, 2009, 07:15:37 PM
I tried the RHW in my city. Why I stopped using it was because everytime I upgraded roads near it they ALL connected to the bloody thing forcing me to spend ~5 minutes fixing the highway because every sidestreet within 2 tiles of it decided it wanted to be an offramp.

I have that issue with roads and streets wanting to make an intersection when they get near each other as well.  So its not unusual for that to occur with the RHW.  I never have that issue because I always lay out the RHW prior to any other roads/streets.  I also always plop trees or walls along the RHW as well.