• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Base textures for GLR?

Started by Gaston, November 03, 2008, 03:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diggis

Nope, but have PM'd you re converting the FSH files.  :thumbsup:

Gaston

Guess I wasn't the only one interested in this idea.   :D     

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Toichus Maximus

Hey guys, just wanted to do a quick report. Things are going nicely thanks to diggis, despite the best attempts of yahoo mail to interfere. I'm about halfway done with retexturing the png. I don't expect to get much of anything done this weekend, though.

I do have one question. One or two of the pngs have a darker-textured GLR crossing a normal GLR. I don't recall ever seeing it in game. If I retexture this, should I try and mimic the slightly different rail? Does anyone know where this texture applies? Check out the attached below and let me know.

Cheers,
Matt

deathtopumpkins

If I'm not mistaken it looks like that's the GLR/Rail crossing... I believe it has that weird texture for the rail.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Toichus Maximus

that WOULD make sense, as I haven't seen any rail. I'm just going to leave the rail with the weird texture, I think. Let me see how it turns out.

Diggis

Check the texture in game agains the rail crossing one.  if it's the same, make it nicer  ;)

Toichus Maximus

All right. I'll see what I can do, though I'm not too confident in making something entirely from scratch.

Diggis

Quote from: Toichus Maximus on November 27, 2008, 04:35:57 PM
All right. I'll see what I can do, though I'm not too confident in making something entirely from scratch.

then don't  ;)  Use the standard rail texture, and mix it with the standard GLR texture.

Toichus Maximus

yes, but then I'd need to bother you to convert the FSH again...

Diggis

Quote from: Toichus Maximus on November 28, 2008, 12:37:34 PM
yes, but then I'd need to bother you to convert the FSH again...

thats no problem at all, just send it through.

Toichus Maximus

ok, i'll look for them when I get the chance. Been rather busy with family this weekend, although that was expected for those celebrating thanksgiving.

Toichus Maximus

Good news-- as of 2 minutes ago, all the pngs that are not rail-glr crossings now have the sandstone texture. Once I find rail textures for the remaining 9 or so pngs, I'll do those too. Won't take much longer till I'm ready for the next step and try actually putting them in game.

Toichus Maximus

Also, I should talk to someone on the NAM team about writing a puzzle-piece based texture override like the SAM, yes? Anyone in particular I should ask?

Gaston

I'm not sure who you need to talk to but I just wanna say ya'll are incredible.    This was just a passing idea a few weeks ago and now it looks like it might come to fruition.   I am truely impressed and amazed.   If you need me to do something let me know.    ;D

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Chrisim

Quote from: Toichus Maximus on December 02, 2008, 11:41:50 AM
Also, I should talk to someone on the NAM team about writing a puzzle-piece based texture override like the SAM, yes? Anyone in particular I should ask?
You were already in contact with Diggis, a NAM Team member. Or you can PM me.

woodb3kmaster

This looks like an excellent program. I, for one, would love to see the original GLR textures included in any future mod. Just throwing that out there...

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

Toichus Maximus

One step at a time. Let me finish this one before I embark on this again ^^

TheChosenOne

Is this project dead or something? Any updates?

Toichus Maximus

I'm waiting to hear back from the NAM team. As I understand it, they're rather busy with so much stuff on the table right now. This is pretty back burner.

aaaling

Quote from: Gaston on November 03, 2008, 03:01:38 PM
Okay, maybe this has been done and I haven't seen it yet.      ()what()

Perhaps someone could make a way to change the textures for ALL the GLR pieces.    Similar to the way the BSC parks can have a different texture selected for the sidewalks.   After you load that texture ALL the BSC parks then change to the chosen sidewalk.   

&idea

Can something like that be done with GLR?   I was thinking either the same BSC texture or even better pedestrian plaza textures.    I know alot of older trams here in the US that I have seen have had a base of cobblestonse, brick, or brick herringbone. (Not working currently, just old photos)   The problem right now is not being able to use all the GLR pieces unless you like the default "concrete" texture.   Red brick paved throughout a city would look great, wouldn't it?    Or even all the GLR and BSC parks matching?   :o

Well thanks for reading this.   It was just something I was hoping might be able to happen.

---Gaston

The origonal textures for GLR are here: http://www.sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=854

Please do not revive dead threads.  This one had been dormant for 5 1/2 months. -Tarkus/Admin