• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM 2.1.0 Uploaded and ready

Started by InvisiChem, January 28, 2016, 02:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applevorous

Thank you for the manual walkthrough and help! No apologies necessary about the datpacker, I know how finicky new OS's and old programs can be (I'm on Win7 64x, btw). Though ironically, when it came to step 7, JDat Packer refused to work, and I was able to use SC4DatPacker 2008 instead.

JDat just went through the motions and looked successful, but PluginsCompressed kept showing as empty, even after refreshing. I tried it with some other plugin folders and it worked fine, just not with SimCity_1...very weird. Anyway, I figured the other dat packer would work for this step and all seems well, hopefully I didn't screw something up. I removed my medical clinic before installing as you mentioned (had no nuke or solar plants yet).

Thanks again for the help.

InvisiChem

That is perfect. Doesn't matter which program. lol. Looks like it is installed good then.

Glad I could help and please enjoy the CAM. Be sure to give plenty of feedback. Good, bad, whatever it is all important for continued development.
Everyone has something to offer, most do not possess the courage to offer it.

InvisiChem

Added a download for the now completed, fully PIM-X'ed Maxis R$ buildings. All building family ties have been broken, so staging is not skewed for other buildings in the family using the same lot. All buildings have been given their own lots and lot IID's, so a lot of conflicts should be solved with this. Maxis Blockers will no longer block this content, but see the description to see how to get rid of the buildings you don't want.

This file is mainly for those still using CAM 1.0 and not planning to update to the newer version and for those who want to run the newest buildings before the release of the next CAM version.

These can be found
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3349 or
http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/30990-cam-r-maxis-building-replacements-full-pim-x/

FrankU

Hmmmm, great! Yeah, thanks a lot.

bombardiere

Hello. Another question about the rewards. Did you do something with reglious rewards? I don't have churches and cemeteries anymore. :(  Your CAM is only major change in my game recently.

InvisiChem

All of the rewards have been adjusted. They come at the same city stage (extended values for now) as the original Maxis stage. Since the population of these stages are extended through the PlayStyle, the populations needed are extended as well.

bombardiere

Ok, but you haven't removed Religious houses and cemeteries? Because for some reason these are not in my game anymore. Of course it may be something else than your mod.

I use FrankU's Dutch rewards as replacement, because I don't like the Maxis versions, and before those have been working fine. I still have FrankU's Dutch City Hall in the reward list.

InvisiChem

The only change to the rewards was the change in the constant declaration numbers. The building exemplars and lot exemplars are still in the SimCity_1.dat file unchanged.

There does seem to be some kind of conflict, so lets see what we can figure out. Attached is a photo from my computer using CAM 2.1.0 with some unstabalizing new additions. My version is a mess right now. lol. I utilized the "You Don't Deserve It" cheat to plop the buildings.

All 3 churches, all 3 cemetaries and the City Hall have all been plopped. I did not see anything missing from my menu. This tells me the problem is elsewhere in your plugins folder.

FrankU does an amazing job modding, so I don't think his replacements would be an issue. After work, I'll install them and see if I can duplicate your results.

What else do you have in your plugins that may alter the rewards themselves?

InvisiChem

Installed FrankU's replacement rewards. Only issue I had was a missing dependency, so a 10 story or so brown box. lol. Love those things.

Anyways, to make sure I understood the question correctly.

The rewards House of Worship and Cemetery are not showing up at all in your menu?
Are they just Greyed out and not available?

Not showing up at all would suggest something is overwriting one of the exemplars rendering it invalid. Greyed out is the change in the settings in the LUA Script defining the constants.

InvisiChem

R$ buldings temporarily locked. Had some midrise buildings growing on low density zones. Not a hard fix, but a time consuming one with my hectic work schedule. Be back up in a few days. Also, gives me a new bug to watch out for while completing these. Thank you to gamzdude at simtropolis for catching this error.

FrankU

Quote from: InvisiChem on March 12, 2016, 03:40:50 PM
Installed FrankU's replacement rewards. Only issue I had was a missing dependency, so a 10 story or so brown box. lol. Love those things.

Anyways, to make sure I understood the question correctly.

The rewards House of Worship and Cemetery are not showing up at all in your menu?
Are they just Greyed out and not available?

Not showing up at all would suggest something is overwriting one of the exemplars rendering it invalid. Greyed out is the change in the settings in the LUA Script defining the constants.

I'm sure you will be able to find the missing dependency.  ;)

So now about the Cemeteries, the Houses of worship and the City hall.
In the beginning of the game the cemeteries and the houses of worship are not visible in your menu. Not in the vanilla game, and not if you install my rewards. That is the way Maxis had planned it. It's confusing, but it is correct.
By the way: my rewards behave exactly like the Maxis rewards. The only thing I did was make new lots and in some cases exchange the model of the building (a matter of changing some IID's in the building exemplar, if you want to know exactly). I did not change anything about the requirements or so.
So if this is the case: nothing's wrong.
The City hall (first stage) is visible from the beginning. That is Maxis policy too.

When the requirements for cemetery 1 or house of worship 1 are met you get the message and if you open the rewards menu you will see the reward. After you have plopped it it is greyed out.

So, bombardiere,
If your rewards are behavindg differently please tell us exactly what happens. It has to be fixed.

bombardiere

Quote from: InvisiChem on March 12, 2016, 03:40:50 PM

The reward House of Worship do not show up in my menu.

I removed your "A_CAM" folder and the church was in the rewards menu. (I Have apperently crossed the rewards stresshold). However when I put the folder back in the plugin folder, the church reward is gone. :(

See attached picture.

However, oddly, as a test I removed FrankU's reward from my plugin folder and suddenly the game did offer me the standard House of Worship. I have used FrankU's rewards a long time and I don't have had any problems before. I really like this mod. Maxis's "churches" are so bland.

This is a new city and region begun with CAM2.1

Mero90

@bombardiere

Your church disappearing problem could be related to the CAM core files. In this .dat file there is a LUA containing all tuning costants of reward buildings. I haven't checked them all, maybe InvisiChem raised up churches requirements; he should give you a better answer.

Your House of Worship disappearing problem let me think about a TGI conflict, but I'm not sure at 100%.  &Thk/(

InvisiChem

Digging through the constants right now in fact. lol.

Although the LUA changes most of the constants, I'm not finding the one for the house of worship. The numbers for the reward capability also do not match my changes to the City stage constants.

For now, I'm probably going to give him a controller file that does not change the reward constants for troubleshooting reasons.

I did note his previous message that the church is offered if he removes a__CAM, if he replaces a__CAM and removes the Dutch Rewards it is offered, but not with both.

Once I find the reward constants for the church, i'll see if I can identify and fix the conflict.

Edit: Link to the modified controller file sent by PM to him. :)

InvisiChem

The following is a list of the Tuning Constants changed in the LUA in CAM 2.1.0.
--REWARD TRIGGERS
    tuning_constants.MAYOR_HOUSE_POP = 3450
    tuning_constants.MAYOR_HOUSE_MR = 20
    tuning_constants.BIGLIBRARY_POP  = 69360
    tuning_constants.BIGLIBRARY_MR = 37
    tuning_constants.BIGLIBRARY_NUM_LIBRARIES = 5
    tuning_constants.BIGLIBRARY_LIBRARY_GRADE = 85
    tuning_constants.RADIO_POP = 33660
    tuning_constants.RADIO_MR = 30
    tuning_constants.TOURISTTRAP_REGION_POP = 100000
    tuning_constants.TOURISTTRAP_NUM_CITIES_CONNECTED = 4
    tuning_constants.TOURISTTRIP_NUM_CITIES_REGION = 6
    tuning_constants.ARTMUSEUM_POP_RH_AND_RM = 75000
    tuning_constants.ARTMUSEUM_MR = 45
    tuning_constants.ARTMUSEUM_NUM_MUSEUMS = 4
    tuning_constants.ARTMUSEUM_MUSEUM_GRADE = 85
    tuning_constants.COURTHOUSE_POP = 109000
    tuning_constants.COURTHOUSE_MR = 33
    tuning_constants.UNIV_POP_RH_AND_RM = 40000
    tuning_constants.UNIV_MR = 42
    tuning_constants.UNIV_SCHOOL_GRADE = 95
    tuning_constants.OPERA_POP_RM_RH = 220000
    tuning_constants.OPERA_MR = 52
    tuning_constants.CITYHALL1_POP = 50000
    tuning_constants.CITYHALL_MR = 20
    tuning_constants.BOFB_POP = 115000
    tuning_constants.BOFB_MR = 30
    --tuning_constants.BOFB_H_AND_E_FUNDING_P = 103
    tuning_constants.MINORSTAD_POP = 50000
    tuning_constants.MINORSTAD_MR = 20
    tuning_constants.MINORSTAD_NUM_REC_PARK = 16
    tuning_constants.MAJORSTAD_POP = 540000
    tuning_constants.MAJORSTAD_MR = 30
    tuning_constants.FARMERSMKT_POP = 8000
    tuning_constants.FARMERSMKT_MR = 34
    tuning_constants.FARMERSMKT_IR_POP = 2450
    tuning_constants.MEDRESCENTER_POP = 141000
    tuning_constants.MEDRESCENTER_MR = 45
    tuning_constants.MEDRESCENTER_NUM_HOSP = 3
    tuning_constants.COUNTRYCLUB_RH_POP = 11000
    tuning_constants.COUNTRYCLUB_MR = 55
    tuning_constants.TVSTUDIO_POP = 330000
    tuning_constants.TVSTUDIO_MR = 50
    tuning_constants.ADVRESCENTER_IHT_POP = 8000
    tuning_constants.ADVRESCENTER_MR = 54
    tuning_constants.STOCKXCHNG_CO_POP = 100000
    tuning_constants.STOCKXCHNG_MR = 45
    tuning_constants.CONVCENTER_C_POP = 100000
    tuning_constants.CONVCENTER_MR = 40
    tuning_constants.MOVIESTUDIO_POP = 110000
    tuning_constants.MOVIESTUDIO_MR = 52
    tuning_constants.ZOO_POP = 80000
    tuning_constants.ZOO_MR = 68
    tuning_constants.ZOO_NUM_PARKS = 25
    tuning_constants.STATEFAIR_IR_POP = 5000
    tuning_constants.STATEFAIR_POP = 9600
    tuning_constants.STATEFAIR_MR = 48
    tuning_constants.RESORT_RM_RH_REGION_POP = 280000
    tuning_constants.RESORT_NUM_CITIES_CONNECTED = 2
    tuning_constants.RESORT_NUM_CITIES_REGION = 4
    tuning_constants.RESORT_AIRPOLLUTION = 20
    tuning_constants.RESORT_MR = 52
    tuning_constants.SOLAR_RH_POP = 31000
    tuning_constants.SOLAR_MR = 55
    tuning_constants.NUKE_CITY_POP = 85000
    tuning_constants.NUKE_ENERGY_DEMAND = 25000
    tuning_constants.FUSION_IHT_POP = 16000
    tuning_constants.FUSION_ENERGY_DEMAND = 30000
    tuning_constants.MAYOR1_POP = 5000
    tuning_constants.MAYOR2_POP = 30000
    tuning_constants.MAYOR3_POP = 60000
    tuning_constants.MAYOR4_POP = 120000
    --EP1 Reward tuning contstants
     tuning_constants.SPACE_PORT_IHT_JOBS = 25000
    tuning_constants.CRUISE_PORT_C_JOBS = 15000
    tuning_constants.CRUISE_PORT_PARKS = 15
    tuning_constants.CRUISE_CITY_WATER_PCT = 35
    tuning_constants.DELUXE_POLICE_STATION_POP = 41000
    tuning_constants.DELUXE_FIRE_STATION_POP = 31000
    tuning_constants.GRAND_RAIL_STATION_POP = 172000
    tuning_constants.GRAND_RAIL_STATION_UTILIZATION = 4000
    tuning_constants.GRAND_RAIL_STATION_STATIONS = 2
    tuning_constants.LARGE_ELEM_SCHOOL_POP = 4000
    tuning_constants.LARGE_ELEM_SCHOOL_SCHOOLS = 12
    tuning_constants.LARGE_HIGH_SCHOOL_POP = 6000
    tuning_constants.LARGE_ELEM_SCHOOL_SCHOOLS = 8
    tuning_constants.LARGE_WATER_PUMP_CITY_CAPACITY = 40000
    tuning_constants.LARGE_WATER_PUMP_POP = 10000
    tuning_constants.MARINA_CITY_WATER_PCT = 20
    tuning_constants.MARINA_POP = 18000
    tuning_constants.MARINA_MR = 53

As can be seen, the changes are the first attempt to keep the rewards at approximately the same stage as the original Maxis reward stages. Consider it a rough draft.

kelan

Is there any way to get this CAM working without merging the simcity_1.dat file with the z_CAM_2.1.0_Stand_Permanent_Merge.dat?

I ask because I'm running Windows 7 and Windows 10 (two different pc's) both 64 bit versions and despite trying everything I can think of, as well as following everyone's suggestions on how to get them to work, I cannot get those two files merged. SC4DatPacker refuses to run on either operating system, and although JDatPacker has the appearance of working fine, no output files are ever written to the folder selected as the target directory. And again, that's either operating system. And I've tried various locations as well as even going as far as changing security permissions on the folders in question in case the packer was getting an access error that I couldn't see.

I have a fresh install of Simcity 4 Deluxe (English North American Version) with the applicable update patch and only NAM34 installed. The fresh install was due to a hard drive failure forcing me to reinstall windows, and everything else that goes with it. Yay me! =/

APSMS

You installed and ran the programs as administrator I'm assuming? One suggestion would be to "Take Ownership" of the SC4 files using the Take Ownership extension (can't remember where to find it, cause I'm on my phone, but I'm pretty sure someone here talked about it), which is really handy because it lets you perform administrator actions on files without having to constantly convince the computer that you do indeed want to edit this file you already have permission to edit.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

InvisiChem

I really wish I could distribute a patched version of SimCity_1.dat without violating a whole bunch of agreements here.

If you run the game with the z_CAM_2.1.0_Stand_Permanent_Merge.dat file still in there, it will double your industrial numbers. This is the only flaw without merging the files. I will need you to move this file an rename it though.

Move this file to the a__CAM\a_core directory. Rename the file a_CAM_2.1.0_Stand_Permanent_Merge.dat.

This would normally be a normal installation, but the file being in the plugins folder doubles the industry through the Total Industry Census exemplar, specifically the Sums item.

For now, I am working on a new way of merging the files utilizing a personally written front end to the same DBPF file library JDat Packer uses. The doubled industry will not harm your game too much, just need half the amount of industry to give the jobs.

kelan

@APSMS: Ahh, thank you. Although I do know how to do it, I completely forgot to try taking ownership.

@InvisiChem: I understand. It would be nice if EA would publicly release this very old game, but I'm sure it's just wishful thinking.

However, I decided it was worth the effort for me to reinstall my virtual windows xp on my windows 7 pc and that did the trick. hehe. So yes, it is now working for me as well.  :bnn:

Prior to my post I had even tried to change the folder permissions while the temp folder was there, before the packer ran, and even tried changing paths in the files on the fly to get it to work, all to failure.

It's amazing the hoops we'll go through to get something awesome to work. I just can't play vanilla simcity 4 again. It's soooo boring and uninspiring after having so many great plugins for so many years now. This just happens to usually be the first plugin (CAM 1 until now) I install. I completely stopped installing any more after putting the newest NAM in. If I can't get what I feel are the two most essential plugins to work then there's no point moving further. $%Grinno$%

So I just want to say thank you!!! to all of you great guys that spend so much time to this to make it a better game for all of us.  &apls

InvisiChem

I am glad you know how to use VM software. Way beyond the scope of the casual user.  ;) 

Rock on with this, the patch is now done. No longer need to do that again. Be sure to keep me updated on how you like the new CAM, pictures are always awesome. Play on and it's all of us that keep this game alive.