• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mikenstein - Niederbauen - Further Exploration

Started by _Michael, March 25, 2016, 09:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

romualdillo

Great work! I especially like the river banks and how modern architecture blends with the older one.  :thumbsup:

Vizoria

As I posted on Simtropolis- amazing pictures!

_Michael

Quote from: art128 on April 23, 2016, 03:51:14 AM
Really nice city. It feels like a real spread out city with the center, the tower blocks and the houses.
Thanks for the comment art128!  :)

Quote from: compdude787 on April 23, 2016, 01:16:33 PM
Yeah, that city is looking nice! I like how it still has freeways going through it, albeit in tunnels, but still there's freeways. :D
I thought the tunnel was a bit different.  ;) Thanks for the comment!

Quote from: romualdillo on April 24, 2016, 10:09:27 AM
Great work! I especially like the river banks and how modern architecture blends with the older one.  :thumbsup:
Thanks!  ;D

Quote from: Vizoria on April 24, 2016, 10:57:18 AM
As I posted on Simtropolis- amazing pictures!
Same goes for all of your work!  ;)

vortext

I really like how dense your city center is, pic #4 is my favorite in that regard!  &apls
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Akallan

My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

Kergelen

Nice work! I like the combination of w2w and modern building on previous update and the transition from city center to the new neighborhoods  :thumbsup:

Links to SC4 websites

kbieniu7

As well - nice! I like the river channel, winding quite smoothly among developement.
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

_Michael

Quote from: vortext on April 25, 2016, 10:29:28 AM
I really like how dense your city center is, pic #4 is my favorite in that regard!  &apls
Thanks for the comment!

Quote from: Akallan on April 27, 2016, 08:38:52 AM
Beautiful!
;D

Quote from: Kergelen on April 28, 2016, 12:11:57 AM
Nice work! I like the combination of w2w and modern building on previous update and the transition from city center to the new neighborhoods  :thumbsup:
Thank you!

Quote from: kbieniu7 on April 28, 2016, 02:38:15 AM
As well - nice! I like the river channel, winding quite smoothly among developement.
Thanks!

_Michael

Hi again,

This is a small village outside of Bassenheim. I haven't though of a name, but I'll show it to you anyway.

----------------------------------------------{--------}----------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------{--------}----------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed this! See you soon! 

kbieniu7

Whata beatiful view at an autumn forest and a stream ;) However, the stream cause sidewalk to appear on a nearby road tiles, that looks a little bit odd. There is a mod, that removes sidewalk/dirt texture from the roads by agricultural zone (so you can zone it with holding ctrl and have a clear road), but I cannot find it now  &Thk/(

Vizoria

Those fields- dayum! The last picture is a great plethora of MMP work.

compdude787

I agree with Vizoria--that is sure some good MMP work! I thought I was looking at Vizoria's MD for a second there! I also like the logging operation I see going on there. Pretty unique thing to see in an MD, that's for sure. Overall, great update!!
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

mgb204

Some great rural scenes, mingled with some authentic looking small towns. You've put together a nice mix of buildings that work well together. The stream/river in the final pic is also especially worthy of note.

Quote from: kbieniu7 on May 08, 2016, 01:49:53 AM
Whata beatiful view at an autumn forest and a stream ;) However, the stream cause sidewalk to appear on a nearby road tiles, that looks a little bit odd. There is a mod, that removes sidewalk/dirt texture from the roads by agricultural zone (so you can zone it with holding ctrl and have a clear road), but I cannot find it now  &Thk/(

You need to install a mod that gets rid of the rail "undelay" or dirt. Rivit's RUM for RRW includes such a mod.

I often try to build such embankments at least one tile away from rural roads to avoid this issue too.

Akallan

Very nice, the last picture is my favorite! :)
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

vortext

Great update, very nice to see you improving on all fronts!   :thumbsup:

And in the spirit of that I hope you don't mind some critique. First of all I agree with kbieniu7 the sidewalk on the country road in pic 2 caused by Diggis' streams is unfortunate. Besides using an invisible sidewalk, I'd also suggest to try using a little more space. By which I mean: try to incorporate some FAR stretches in the mountain road, rather than a string of s-curves hugging the cliff, as that'd be visually more appealing imho. It's a little tricky getting nice results with FAR on slopes, so it may take some practice. And in general, handling slopes needs some more attention as I noticed bumps and glitches on the rails, in pic 2 & 5 respectively. Perhaps try out a different slope mod?

That being said, I really like the clever use of Diggis' stream winding through the village, very nicely done!  &apls
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

art128

Interesting village! Generally when you hear village you think small houses and not W2W but this is really nice.

I'll have to echo the critics said from the others though. I'm sure you can use them to develop different ideas around your villages.

Also you posted the forestry picture twice.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

_Michael

Once I posted the first instalment of Bassenheim on ST, back in March, I'd actually already finished the city, and was working on the next one. It's still nowhere near finished, but the centre is more or less complete. There will be likely lots of entries for the new city, but to start, we have the historic centre and a brief overview of the CBD. (As wells as some night-shots and some mosaics)
Hope you enjoy!

-------------------{-----}-------------------

REPLIES:

Quote from: Vizoria on May 08, 2016, 05:31:13 AM
Those fields- dayum! The last picture is a great plethora of MMP work.

Quote from: compdude787 on May 08, 2016, 06:22:47 PM
I agree with Vizoria--that is sure some good MMP work! I thought I was looking at Vizoria's MD for a second there! I also like the logging operation I see going on there. Pretty unique thing to see in an MD, that's for sure. Overall, great update!!

Quote from: mgb204 on May 08, 2016, 09:55:25 PM
Some great rural scenes, mingled with some authentic looking small towns. You've put together a nice mix of buildings that work well together. The stream/river in the final pic is also especially worthy of note.

You need to install a mod that gets rid of the rail "undelay" or dirt. Rivit's RUM for RRW includes such a mod.

I often try to build such embankments at least one tile away from rural roads to avoid this issue too.

Quote from: Akallan on May 14, 2016, 01:55:54 PM
Very nice, the last picture is my favorite! :)

Quote from: vortext on May 16, 2016, 04:17:58 PM
Great update, very nice to see you improving on all fronts!   :thumbsup:

And in the spirit of that I hope you don't mind some critique. First of all I agree with kbieniu7 the sidewalk on the country road in pic 2 caused by Diggis' streams is unfortunate. Besides using an invisible sidewalk, I'd also suggest to try using a little more space. By which I mean: try to incorporate some FAR stretches in the mountain road, rather than a string of s-curves hugging the cliff, as that'd be visually more appealing imho. It's a little tricky getting nice results with FAR on slopes, so it may take some practice. And in general, handling slopes needs some more attention as I noticed bumps and glitches on the rails, in pic 2 & 5 respectively. Perhaps try out a different slope mod?

That being said, I really like the clever use of Diggis' stream winding through the village, very nicely done!  &apls

Quote from: art128 on June 07, 2016, 11:55:24 AM
Interesting village! Generally when you hear village you think small houses and not W2W but this is really nice.

I'll have to echo the critics said from the others though. I'm sure you can use them to develop different ideas around your villages.

Also you posted the forestry picture twice.

Thank you all for the comments. I have investigated the sidewalk issue, and have mainly solved it. Thanks all for the help.

Hope you enjoyed this first entry. Hope you look forward to the next entry of Wolfskreut! :)

compdude787

That city is looking pretty nice so far! Great work. &apls
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

kbieniu7

Further views are impressive! A one big and continual urban organism! With a little bit feeling of some megalomania, while looking at those giant plazas and monuments  ;D

Themistokles

That's one BIG city you have there, with lots of wide boulevards! :) And I must say that you've found a nice solution to the problem of the non-aligning gables of the Bâtiments de la Concorde. :D You have also been very good at integrating diagonal quarters in your city lay-out. :thumbsup:

Mind if I ask what the 20th-century-looking building is on the corner left (in the 4th image) of aarsgevogelte's Yellow House? :)
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill