• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

HRS (Highway Re-Styling) Project

Started by MandelSoft, June 05, 2008, 12:55:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toxicpiano

Quote from: flame1396 on July 03, 2008, 11:45:00 AM
Hmm.... I like this. The textures are too black right now though... Is it possible to ahve normal default textures colors and jsut have the shoulder and no walls?
This is the same as SA's euro texture mod for RHW
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

j-dub

@Nerdly_dood, of course this ground highway mod is different but what I meant was is textures can always be reused, just like how it was okay for SA's to be reused for this.

yoshiisland2

Looking great so far!  I love the use of SA's textures, great stuff mrtnrln! &apls

MandelSoft

Wow! This project looks pretty well appreciated!

I've attached the textures that I use now (PNG format). You can edit those if you don't like the current textures and post them here, so I can make more texturesets.

Best,
MRTNRLN

Oh, and to our fellow American friends: Happy Independence Day!
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

toxicpiano

Is it possible to reduce the grey bit outside of the actual highway or is that part of the model?
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

EDGE4194

I can't believe i missed this thread! I must say i'm very excited about this project. Things are looking good so far. i am especially looking forward to the concrete textures. Very nice work Maarten  &apls

MandelSoft

I've done the cloverleaf interchange and I made a concrete texture replacement. Version 0.2 is on the STEX now for download.

Unassigned

And downloaded it is - now the hard part will be deciding how many z's to prefix it with, yet another mod requiring the correct z order  &Thk/(
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

ehbk2006

Congratulations you are:

Today's Spotlight on the ST homepage

&apls
My BAT Showcase: ehbk2006's traffic BAT's
My sketchup models on the 3d warehouse.
[RDY]: Veolia - Coal hopper + E189

Haljackey

I am going to have a crack with this.

One question:  because this is for ground highways only, what happens at the ground/elevated highway transition?

j-dub

Well after playing with 0.2, the texture has been changed on both the ground and elevated to match, and some junction pieces, the wall is occasionally there, but the 4 lane to 6 lane transition is a lot better now.

MandelSoft

@Haljackey: This will be done eventually. On the transition, I had in mind to let the shoulder end and the wall coming up.
@J-dub: These pieces aren't done yet. Now you can see on the top post which pieces are done.

EDIT: The HRS is no. 5 on ST Best of the week in just two days!

deathtopumpkins

Well, I thought I'd go ahead and change the yellow line for myself, but 3D transit networks are a little beyond my expertise, so I changed the line on the first two textures attached at the top of this page, and am wondering if you would either consider using them for an American version, or direct me to some tutorial on retexturing 3D transit networks. Textures 1 & 2 are attached to this post (They use the same yellow as the RHW textures, so they would match!  ;)). Lastly, what's the third texture of? I honestly can't tell.

This is great work, btw. I just recently rebuilt an old RHW express/collector system just to use this mod.

Lastly, do the walls have to still be there under overpasses?
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Haljackey

Those look nice DTP! 

mrtnrln:  Excellent job with the HRS's first version!  I can see that a lot of effort was put into them and they are looking good!

I have one request for you though.  I have no idea how easy or hard this is to do so please understand this.  Would it be possible to take the black asphalt you use and apply it to the asphalt highway textures? (A complete highway texture set that has already been released.)

Here is an example of what I mean:

If these textures could be "blended" together, I think it would make another great highway texture set! (both ground and elevated).

Thanks for your time!

Best,
-Haljackey

deathtopumpkins

Thanks Haljackey.

How did you get those elevated highway textures to show up with the HRS installed? The version I downloaded retextures elevated too...  ()what()
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

yoshiisland2

I tried out the new restyling mod and it's terrific!  Great job! :thumbsup: &apls

a1n2d3r4e5w6

Will you be adding these textures to the custom interchanges from the NAM? It looks awkward when there is black asphalt that suddenly turns to grey concrete.

MandelSoft

@all: If you read the top post, you see that this project is far from done. I'm still working on it, and it's far from easy, so be patient.

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Ummm...I sorry to ask this, but how exactly do I get black asphalt instead of concrete again?  ()what()
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....