• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bakerton

Here in Southeast Wisconsin (USA) still has to get the first measurable snowfall that actually sticks to the ground. The temps here range from 30 dgrees F to 40 degrees F. Nice bridges there Choco. They look wonderful. David, you need to move to a different state. Alaska is real cold for anyone to live in. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

sithlrd98

Great bridge choco ! As far as the weather , seems were about to warm back up to close to our normal temp (68-f) as we've been around the 40's- 50's for highs and 20-30 for lows.
As far as snow , the city almost shuts down if we get 1-2 inches accumulate (hey this is SE North Carolina), since we only have one plow...keep in mind I am originally from Indianapolis and was blown away at the differences when it came to cancellations and closings for snow! I don't know how some of you do it , I mean I hate the summers here , but I can't complain too much about the winters.

Jayson

yochananmichael

Hey David it looks cold up there not yet that cold here in MT but give us a few weeks and we'll get snow
Greywolf (John Michael)
If you can't run with the pack don't run at all

FrankU

Choco,

This is a very nice bridge! As far as I am concerned: I'd leave the small horizontal spaceframe out. I thnik it is a bit too much. For the rest it is great.

The weather: yesterday we had snow for the first time this winter. Today it has almost all melted away.

The FAR, FARR and STR: does anyone have a clue to a release date?

choco

thanks frankU...but im actually trying to keep this one close to the real one.... ;)

Silur

Hi,David ...
I'm crazy with Your 3RR - Thank You  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Kitsune

Quote from: choco on November 25, 2008, 09:45:48 AM
thanks frankU...but im actually trying to keep this one close to the real one.... ;)

Thats a real bridge and not fantasy? Where abouts is this bridge located??
~ NAM Team Member

Jonathan

Hey David,
I hope everything is alright you haven't really spoken here in a while, and I can't help notice that your username has lost some of it's "red" and there's no Administrator label under your name?

I really hope everything is good for you :)

Jonathan

dedgren

Like Bilbo Baggins, I have passed the ring on [linkie].

This leaves me free to spend more time here, and you should start seeing the benefits of that this weekend.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

JoeST

David, I am sad to hear you leaving the staff here, and it was an honour posting under you :)

*pst* I cant wait for this weekend  :D

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

threestooges

Mixed emotions here, but I know the site is still in good hands, and I know you'll be putting those energies to good use. Looking forward to what you're going to come up with and I should have a few things for you to work with too.
-Matt

Jonathan

That is a shame
It is definately sad your leaving the staff, but as long as you don't leave the community then we're alright (thinking about that wants to make me cry &cry2).

EDIT: I didn't mean to imply David is leaving the community, just it would be very sad if he did.

Can't wait for the weekend either :thumbsup:

Jonathan

un1

Are you sure about that David?  :P
You are still on the staff list...

I think something big is going to happen...  &Thk/(

-un1

metarvo

:o

David? No longer on the staff?  Is it possible to combine those words in the same sentence?  This does not compute...

...*sparks*...

&ops

EDIT(to minimize confusion): I do hope you stay around, David.  At least this might mean that you can spend more time being amazing in 3RR, David.  3RR has become such a fixture for me, as it is what drove me to make my first post.

Quote from: dedgren on November 26, 2008, 12:08:19 PM
Like Bilbo Baggins, I have passed the ring on [linkie].

I promise you, when I read this, my heart jumped into my throat...
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

projectadam

Whoa, everyone take a few deep breathes and calm down for a little bit. I do not think David anywhere hinted that he was leaving the community so before some crazy rumors spread through the threads ()meeting(); why not give the parties involved some time to explain what is going on when they are ready to inform us. It also might be something that is none of our business and if that is the case, let's respect that these are mature people making decision that are best for themselves.

As for 3RR, I went to see what I could find out about making canals/streams from the period of September - December of 2006 and I could not find anything but what a great trip down memory lane. I came across something that I do not remember from before and that was a grid that was laid on top of a satellite image. Do you do this with your regions to set them up? If so, I would be interested to know how to set the template up.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!! :thumbsup:
The Constitutional Monarchy of Ichigamin

Terraforming Update (8/25/09)

Pat

OK What wow and I think Projectadam has a clear head here and everyone listen to his words there... I will add I see there is another label by David's name that looks like soo,

see it says SC4D Counselor so that must mean something or another there far as a staff level...  But anyways I do hope that by being David this helps you out in the long run to be yourself and let loose a bit so if you know what I mean my friend!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Toichus Maximus

So long as you don't fade into the Grey Havens and leave us  ;)

I've always been wondering--your "rust never sleeps" quote... are you referencing Neil Young? I love Neil.

EDITNo, I've still got a long stint in Rivendell ahead, writing the rest of the story.  As for Neil, he is my personal Rock God.  His rendition of "Home on the Range" [linkie], along with just about anything on Freedom [linkie] or Live Rust [linkie] is just about as good as it gets. -DE

Gwail

Although it's a big loss for sc4dev staff, but great opportunity for 3RR ;).
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

FrankU

Choco,
Well OK then. If the real bridge has these spaceframes they must have some kind of function. Then it's ok with me.
Thanks for the picture and success with the Batting!

Ryan B.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, David!